Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The R springs drop the front 0.7" and rear 0.25". I helped @mindys install this on his car and it is what we measured. I believe @2015Etrac posted similar/the same. The SP083 drops are 0.88" front and 0.75" rear (or 0.5" rear if you have the older version).

The ride of this setup isn't harsh, but it can be a bit clumsy/noticeably stiff in parking lots with big bumps/grade changes or over certain curbs occasionally. That type of thing happens so infrequently for me that it's not a bother, and the ride on normal roads is more than acceptable. Firm and controlled. The faster you go the better it is.
I agree with this statement. The faster you go the better it is.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
The R springs drop the front 0.7" and rear 0.25". I helped @mindys install this on his car and it is what we measured. I believe @2015Etrac posted similar/the same. The SP083 drops are 0.88" front and 0.75" rear (or 0.5" rear if you have the older version).

The ride of this setup isn't harsh, but it can be a bit clumsy/noticeably stiff in parking lots with big bumps/grade changes or over certain curbs occasionally. That type of thing happens so infrequently for me that it's not a bother, and the ride on normal roads is more than acceptable. Firm and controlled. The faster you go the better it is.
Yep. About .6"-.7" front and .25"-.3" rear. To me the GT350R springs are a perfect drop for a daily driver. I never have clearance issues and it looks 100x better than stock ride height.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Anyone looking to do the excellent GT350R front and SP085 rev A rear combination, @Biggsy has the rears for sale. I personally love it.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/brand-new-bmr-sp085-springs.116103/#post-2441839
It's an option that I'm considering. I'm still trying to figure out if I have all the details straight. My goal is a DD with very neutral handling, just a little drop, 0.3-0.5" in the rear and the same or a hair more in the front.
I haven't done an autocross or HPDE in a decade and, while I probably won't, I'd like a car that's ready in case I change my mind. It's been probably 16-18 years since I last sorted through the math to pick suspension components and it's slowly coming back to me, but that was a very different platform. Any advice would be appreciated.
My concerns are as follows;
Height; I expect my EB will sit a little higher in the front than a GT (~0.2"?), The back should be about the same as a GT?
Parts List; I suspect I may need a few more Items than most, it looks like the EBPP and GTs share most of the same components but my non-PP EB may need different upper strut mount and possibly upper and/or lower seats in the front. I'm still working on the list for the back.
Shocks/struts; I've been happy with Koni Yellows in the past but, as I mentioned, that was a different platform, Steeda, FP track and GT350R or TP are also options. Am I understanding correctly that the rear shocks are different on the Shelbys and additional components would be needed in order to use them?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's an option that I'm considering. I'm still trying to figure out if I have all the details straight. My goal is a DD with very neutral handling, just a little drop, 0.3-0.5" in the rear and the same or a hair more in the front.
I haven't done an autocross or HPDE in a decade and, while I probably won't, I'd like a car that's ready in case I change my mind. It's been probably 16-18 years since I last sorted through the math to pick suspension components and it's slowly coming back to me, but that was a very different platform. Any advice would be appreciated.
My concerns are as follows;
Height; I expect my EB will sit a little higher in the front than a GT (~0.2"?), The back should be about the same as a GT?
Parts List; I suspect I may need a few more Items than most, it looks like the EBPP and GTs share most of the same components but my non-PP EB may need different upper strut mount and possibly upper and/or lower seats in the front. I'm still working on the list for the back.
Shocks/struts; I've been happy with Koni Yellows in the past but, as I mentioned, that was a different platform, Steeda, FP track and GT350R or TP are also options. Am I understanding correctly that the rear shocks are different on the Shelbys and additional components would be needed in order to use them?
For the Ecoboost I would consider GT350R springs all around, or the old BMR rears (as posted) and new BMR handling fronts (SP084 rev c) to get what you're looking for. FP Track dampers all the way.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the Ecoboost I would consider GT350R springs all around, or the old BMR rears (as posted) and new BMR handling fronts (SP084 rev c) to get what you're looking for. FP Track dampers all the way.
Thank you, I think I'll be following your advice.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I think I'll be following your advice.
You will be very happy! The car feels awesome with these spring rates and dampers! With 150 lbs less up front, it'd be even better.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Feel free to buy my SP085s for a great price :wink:

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feel free to buy my SP085s for a great price :wink:
It's tempting, that is a great price, but I think I'm going with the Shelby springs. Good luck with the sale though, I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped them up.

As for the Shelby springs, FR3Z-5310-M IS correct? The notation on Levittown's site shows it as " W/Shelby, W/Magna-ride, code FR3Z-Q." I've noticed there are some discrepancies with other parts too, so best to ask the experts.
Next, M-18000-F seems to cover most of the necessary parts other than the springs. Will I need the lower seats, FR3Z-8321-B, are they included in the M-18000-F, or are my stock EB ones the same?
Edit, my stock lower seats are part DG9Z-8321-A so I assume I'll need them unless they are included in the Shock/strut kit which says it includes "spring seats," but I only see the uppers in the photos.

Last edited:

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
FR3Z-5310-X
FR3Z-5310-M
FR3Z-5560-X need two of these for the rear springs

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FR3Z-5310-M
FR3Z-5560-X need two of these for the rear springs
These are correct.

Reuse your seats/mounts, trim the stops.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If I had to start again I'd probably have gone with GT350R springs all around and the FP dampers. I'm very happy with my BMR handling springs which are similar rates, only a tad stiffer and lower all around. And I think it's no surprise that the setups are similar considering the GT350/R suspension is a proven great setup. No need to "re-invent the wheel" imo.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are correct.

Reuse your seats/mounts, trim the stops.
Turns out the lower seats are 3 bucks and the stops are 6 and change. For under $20 I can get all new and put everything together ahead of time and only need to swap the assemblies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Bumping this thread again.
Just installed the GT350R springs front and rear into a 2017 Ecoboost PP. Installed with Ford Performance track struts and rear shocks. The only other mods to the car are lightweight wheels, Steeda camber plates and Steeda rear subframe bushing supports. Alignment specs are as follows:
F Camber 1.7 degrees negative
F Toe 0.1 total toe-in
R Camber 1.3 degrees negative
R Toe 0.1 total toe-in
If the car is lower, it's only by a 1/4 inch at most. Not visually perceptible.

Was only able to drive a few miles, and I'm not sure everything is settled in. The ride is fantastic. Noticeably better than stock. The car is firm and well controlled. Pitches significantly less under acceleration or braking. It has a tendency to oversteer, but it's been this way since the rear bushing supports went in. This should have been the PP suspension.
When I get a chance, I'll post photos (but it looks stock).
Sponsored