Sponsored

GT350R deals and steals

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Lots of deals out there right now, or at least, "more than usual". All appear to be in texas. One was posted this morning, black/black, $5K over. Another was sold (I talked to the salesman personally) near houston for UNDER MSRP. Another was listed and sold for $5K over. This was all within the last week!

As an R owner, I liked the hype of the dealers asking $40K over, etc., but I think we are getting more realistic and down to earth with mor realistic pricing (which I'm fine with btw). I paid $5K over for mine and didn't mind it at all. Used I'm not sure what I could get out of mine, but don't really care since I plan on owning it for a long time.
Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 11.40.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 11.41.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 11.42.04 AM.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: jin

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Interesting. This does not include the member here that got an MSRP deal a week or so ago.

WOW.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I saw today that my local dealer lowered their ADM from $40K over to $30K over!! :lol:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Pretty soon the number of GT350 owners that want to upgrade to an R for whatever reason will run dry. As will the number of curious 911 and M3/4 owners. And then think about what asking prices are going to do.

It's been a wild ride see the car from announcement to now, but we're definitely on the other side of the demand curve finally. I'm super curious where the market will be for these once the factory powertrain warranties start expiring in 2020.

Rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Funny how both of these are in the flood areas of Texas it looks like. Lots of cars in Texas being sold for really good prices. If anyone buys this car I would have an inspector lift the car and do a thorough inspection to make sure the car wasn't flood damaged!! If it is and the dealer didn't disclose it I would sue the hell out of them! I sure hope this isn't the case here but I would be extremely cautious buying anything out of the Houston Texas and South Florida areas anytime in the near future!

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Funny how both of these are in the flood areas of Texas it looks like. Lots of cars in Texas being sold for really good prices. If anyone buys this car I would have an inspector lift the car and do a thorough inspection to make sure the car wasn't flood damaged!! If it is and the dealer didn't disclose it I would sue the hell out of them! I sure hope this isn't the case here but I would be extremely cautious buying anything out of the Houston Texas and South Florida areas anytime in the near future!
It's reasonable to be skeptical given the locations but a reasonable assumption also can be made that there simply aren't people buying cars in these locations at the moment. If your car was flooded in that area, has insurance come through with checks yet for people to be able to buy another car? If your car wasn't a flood loss, you might have some home repairs to do instead of thinking about buying cars. Or maybe the event has caused some people to take a more utilitarian approach to their vehicle instead of a high-end Mustang.

Just saying that I'm betting the market for sports cars is pretty dead in the hurricane zones.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Pretty soon the number of GT350 owners that want to upgrade to an R for whatever reason will run dry. As will the number of curious 911 and M3/4 owners. And then think about what asking prices are going to do.

It's been a wild ride see the car from announcement to now, but we're definitely on the other side of the demand curve finally. I'm super curious where the market will be for these once the factory powertrain warranties start expiring in 2020.
Yes, because then, the 2000 that were made will be owned - and there's likely more than 2000 who would "like" to own one. Secondary market could see a little boost when they are no longer for sale as new.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I went through this when I picked up my R in Port Lavaca. A friend of mine that runs a couple dealerships put it like this. They have a $70,000 car they can't sell. A lot of people lost their homes, cars, etc. A $70,000 will not sell but a $30,000 truck with an out of state history will. I still called a few business around just to make sure.

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
I think color(s) have a lot to do with the amount of discounting. Nice to see the feather floating back to earth.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Why do people post shxt like this.. Do you have any actual legit information that what your posting is the least bit factual? Have you been to Houston? :doh:

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Back in late June when I bought my 1st S550,our dealer in Ft. Myers had a black one and wanted a $20k "market adjustment". Traded it on Friday and the 350R was gone.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Keep in mind the black R that was listed under sticker was a pricing error that they decided to honor. I suppose they could have just stated it was a mistake and adjusted accordingly so props to them for honoring the price none the less.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Keep in mind the black R that was listed under sticker was a pricing error that they decided to honor. I suppose they could have just stated it was a mistake and adjusted accordingly so props to them for honoring the price none the less.
My thoughts exactly. Pricing error, and the dealership did a stand up thing to honor the error.
Sponsored