Sponsored

GT350

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Should I go to the local Holden dealer and put down a deposit on a Corvette too? Wouldn't mind one of those :).
You do realise that people have been putting down deposits for a long time, just as many users did for the Mustang before it was announced.

Just like people did for the CLA 45, A45, G63 and other Mercedes all before they were announced.

Putting a deposit down on rumour could amount to nothing (ensure the deposit is full refundable in any event) but it has amounted to cars in the past and will continue to provide a basis for orders.

Worst case scenario is that you just drop a grand or two at a dealer for a couple of years with current interest rates compounded monthly you will lose ~$59 interest on $1000
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Should I go to the local Holden dealer and put down a deposit on a Corvette too? Wouldn't mind one of those :).
Why not... And a hellcat

Personally I am more than happy to pay a minimal ($1000 or less) deposit on the 1% chance that a car like that would come here. As soon as I hear some solid rumours on the vette I'll be handing over some cash

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
You do realise that people have been putting down deposits for a long time, just as many users did for the Mustang before it was announced.

Just like people did for the CLA 45, A45, G63 and other Mercedes all before they were announced.

Putting a deposit down on rumour could amount to nothing (ensure the deposit is full refundable in any event) but it has amounted to cars in the past and will continue to provide a basis for orders.

Worst case scenario is that you just drop a grand or two at a dealer for a couple of years with current interest rates compounded monthly you will lose ~$59 interest on $1000
No I didn't! That's worth thinking about. I know someone with an NZ-registered C7 that is in the country. It went back to NZ a couple of months ago in a container for a road trip. NZ allows a small quota of imports that don't need conversion, and you can then bring the car but it has to go back every 2 years. Luckily the owner has the money to do so. He's a Corvette collector.

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
If they are telling prospective buyers that there is going to be a GT350 launched in Australia, and they are taking people money, then I believe that Honestly Bayford have no morals what so ever !

From what I understand it is not going to happen.

I hope they are right if they really are taking people's hard earned money, and I'm wrong !

Last edited:

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
and i suppose an R-model is just expecting too much?

OP
OP

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
and i suppose an R-model is just expecting too much?
No I reckon Giseppi (spelling ?) will take your deposit for one of those too.

Just go to Bayford Epping and hand over your hard earned cash.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
But if it does come ..... Boom ahha
No guarantee to having the first deposit down to getting one of the first or even getting one, only need to look at the RS, plenty of people ordered before it was announced and didn't make the first or 2nd allocatiom

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
No guarantee to having the first deposit down to getting one of the first or even getting one, only need to look at the RS, plenty of people ordered before it was announced and didn't make the first or 2nd allocatiom
Unless you have it specified as a term on your contract

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Unless you have it specified as a term on your contract
Still no guarantee. It all boils down to allocation to each dealer and who else orders it in the mean time.

Not that it matters as the chances of it coming here is almost nil

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Still no guarantee. It all boils down to allocation to each dealer and who else orders it in the mean time.

Not that it matters as the chances of it coming here is almost nil
It is a guarantee if you are the number one order at that dealer and that dealer gets an allocation. Hence it having to be specifically stated on the contract that you sign, then finalised with a form of consideration by way of a deposit.

Agreed there is a slim chance it will come, but I don't see why Ford would manufacture products specifically for a RHD GT350. Coupled with some rumours from reliable sources was enough to part with some cash for the time being.

I know there has been a focus on Bayford in this thread but believe me almost every dealer in Victoria has orders, it is unlikely you will get the first order anywhere if you were to try now

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did hear that a guy here in Mildura has a deposit down for the GT500... Seriously.
Don't know which dealer, but it seems that if you wanted to put down a deposit for a unicorn, they'd let you do it.
Sponsored