BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to get a good answer on this topic. I currently have Ford performance lowering springs on the car and was going to get the ford performance sway bar as well, but a rep at Steeda basically said it is the same as the stock GT350 (doesn't sound right, but maybe someone here can confirm that for me?) so I didn't get it. So I was curious if anyone here has an opinion or information on the Ford Performance sway bar and if it is worth getting or if anyone has experience with the Eibach sway bar or any other sway bar that is great for this car. Thank you!
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Probably will be nobody that has tried multiple brands though, so you will likely just hear that everyone likes whatever they bought lol

OP
OP
BYBB1630

BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Awesome to hear! Do you notice a pretty big difference compared to stock? I had a feeling that Steeda rep was wrong about it being the same as the stock GT350 one.

That is a fair point LOL

I am wondering if anyone knows the diameter of each sway bar. I couldn't seem to find exact measurements on the FP sway bar.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I can't say if it helped lap times by providing any better grip, but the car "feels" better to drive at speed to me. It used to kinda roll back onto the outside rear tire after turn in, and you had to wait for it to set, and simply felt weird to me, and now it's more confidence inspiring to me. There's noticeably less body roll and transitions feel more predictable and stable to me.

There may be "better" combinations out there, but for a dual purpose car it's hard for me to imagine it getting much better without sacrificing street driving in the process.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
per LMR listing:

The front bar in this kit is 37mm in diameter, while the rear is 25.2mm

the oem diameters are listed in your manual, mine is a '19 so i think the rear bar is diff on mine stock.

OP
OP
BYBB1630

BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thank you for all the information! You are the man!

I was expecting this to help with more confidence and feel as well by eliminating some body roll and have a little more predictable as well. Great to hear that it doesn't affect street driving negatively. That is important to me since I still drive it on the street fairly often.

I just put in my order! Thanks again!

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
yeah 100% certain they are significantly thicker and stiffer than oem 350 or 350R sways.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

I was expecting this to help with more confidence and feel as well by eliminating some body roll and have a little more predictable as well. Great to hear that it doesn't affect street driving negatively. That is important to me since I still drive it on the street fairly often.

I daily drive the full mageneride upgrade kit from FPP. I don't have any regrets about doing so, and I have a bad back.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350

yeah the springs will affect ride quality, the sways only really affect roll stiffness so your current ride should not suffer at all by adding sways.

OP
OP
BYBB1630

BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am really excited to get this installed now! Sounds like I made the right move for what I wanted. Really appreciate all the information guys!

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
What has this world come to when you can’t believe a vendor rep offering opinions as fact?