Sponsored

GT350 spied on carrier.

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
I doubt I'm the first to point this out, but front ends on these cars are different…

Solved...

One of these is the 'Boss Racing' (Boss 302R) package that we will see at COTA in a couple of weeks. 5.0L and maybe 450HP.

The other is the Shelby GT350 with a 5.2L and maybe 485-500HP if N/A.

This is why Ford held back on the 435HP GT - so as not to make these HP gains seem too small.

:ford:
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The Boss race cars have restricted power outputs BTW. It wouldn't matter if Ford out more power under the hood.

OP
OP

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
According to a friend who neighbors Multimatic who has the car, the 550HP is very real.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Solved...

One of these is the 'Boss Racing' (Boss 302R) package that we will see at COTA in a couple of weeks. 5.0L and maybe 450HP.

The other is the Shelby GT350 with a 5.2L and maybe 485-500HP if N/A.

This is why Ford held back on the 435HP GT - so as not to make these HP gains seem too small.

:ford:

Boss racing package? Interesting...if true,worries me about gt350 pricing as a fully loaded gt is already in the 40s, adding another package will push it higher...making me think base gt350 pushing 60 :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
According to a friend who neighbors Multimatic who has the car, the 550HP is very real.
How does living in the neighborhood of a very secure industrial building in an industrial park result in the knowledge that the GT350 has 550HP? Please elaborate!

Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT

I have to second the 550 hp from the sources that I have

But of course I'm just an Internet scmhuck as well... Or am I?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
All I know is that the HP number is just a number. A stat that gets people's attention. The real key is the useable torque - the amount the GT350 should be able to actually deliver to the pavement in stock form - should be way up from everything I've heard. And that is what's important...

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
All I know is that the HP number is just a number. A stat that gets people's attention. The real key is the useable torque - the amount the GT350 should be able to actually deliver to the pavement in stock form - should be way up from everything I've heard. And that is what's important...

I'm no expert on engines but most FPC motors I have seen with a sky high redline actually don't produce more than 2tq:3hp.

This could be just a poor observation on my part, as I don't follow a ton of FPC motors but looking at Ferrari and Lamborghini this seems to be the case.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'm not talking about peak engine torque. As I said, I'm referring to available torque at the wheels - which is more determined by traction (within reason) than some engine rating. Flywheel torque multiplied by the gear ratios (minus some losses) ought to tell you what the max torque is that goes to the ground. But if there isn't sufficient traction to support it, that theoretical peak is never reached. Its basic physics, and something that hampers the S197 Shelby. Between improved weight distribution and wider tires with better grip, the amount of torque that can actually be used should go up, even if the rated number is down from the GT500.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I'm not talking about peak engine torque. As I said, I'm referring to available torque at the wheels - which is more determined by traction (within reason) than some engine rating. Flywheel torque multiplied by the gear ratios (minus some losses) ought to tell you what the max torque is that goes to the ground. But if there isn't sufficient traction to support it, that theoretical peak is never reached. Its basic physics, and something that hampers the S197 Shelby. Between improved weight distribution and wider tires with better grip, the amount of torque that can actually be used should go up, even if the rated number is down from the GT500.

Deliverable torque and traction are not synonymous, so I apologize for misunderstanding your post, but the wording did not help.

Yes it is determined by traction but not defined by traction. I'm not here to argue nor am I trying to be a dick, just saying how I interpreted your post.

I do agree though, I hope that the traction is significantly increased, the wider tires and the weight distribution should go a long way to help improve the useable torque.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Even if FPC is true the fact that the engine isn't 4.0L means it at least has the potential to produce more useable torque than FPC engines in the past. Things like intake manifold design and boreXstroke ratio will do more to determine the torque output than the fact that the engine has a FPC.

I'm still not convinced of the FPC rumor as I don't think it necessary. Guys have been cranking out crazy power from the regular CPC 5.0 Coyote, no need to reinvent the wheel here. I like the PWTA 5.2L Coyote derivative rumor than the FPC.

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
I know one magazine got a 3.9 0-60 time in the Boss, so with better weight distribution and wider tires (assuming they use the same compound) it should definitely put more torque down and go faster. 3.5 0-60?

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Elaborate on what?

I have been told by a credible source that the gt350 will be over 550 hp. Of course everything is purely speculation until ford makes it official but again my source is a very credible one.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Elaborate on what?

I have been told by a credible source that the gt350 will be over 550 hp. Of course everything is purely speculation until ford makes it official but again my source is a very credible one.
I can see Ford underrating the car at 550HP but in reality pushing 580+HP. That would be nice.
Sponsored