Sponsored

GT350/R Shipping Delays out of Michigan

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Does anyone know why cars are sitting at the factory and not shipping to dealerships. Mine has been finished with production for almost a month and yet remains in "waiting for transport" status. I understand there are others experiencing the same delays. Does anybody know what the transportation issue is?
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Does anyone know why cars are sitting at the factory and not shipping to dealerships. Mine has been finished with production for almost a month and yet remains in "waiting for transport" status. I understand there are others experiencing the same delays. Does anybody know what the transportation issue is?
It's hard to say, as not all cars will be going by rail. Yours will if your location is accurate. A friend got his in normal time frame after build but it was convoy and not rail.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ive heard lately that the mod shop is backed up (stripes, wing, CF wheels, etc).

I hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate.

GKH4216

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
03 SVT Cobra, 17 GT350
Mine went by convoy on May 11th and dealer got it May24th. I was thinking that was a long time from Detroit to Atlanta.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ive heard lately that the mod shop is backed up (stripes, wing, CF wheels, etc).

I hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate.
My buddies car shipped quick and the only thing there it didn't have was stripes. Was an R.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My R was in transit all last week scheduled to arrive Memorial Day at the dealership. I just heard it was pulled for 2nd QC inspection, potentially for paint? Not sure myself what's going.

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I hope they're not having paint issues with the car. It would explain why they are not releasing cars from the factory though.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Ford should do the pick it up at the factory thing that GM does with the Corvette. I'll bet a pile of GT350 buyers would sooner do that than play the waiting game.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
A month?
I am laughing.
I waited 3 months after my build date and I live 15 miles from flat rock.
I ordered my car June of 2015, built on October 21st 2015 and received January 19th 2016.
Looks like they didn't change.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Mine now shows "In Transit" after waiting three weeks. It suggests only 10 days to get to Portland via rail... doubt that but wishful thinking.

Good luck Wooly!

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
No kidding. That's interesting that it appears to be normal for delivery to take this long.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Mine now shows "In Transit" after waiting three weeks. It suggests only 10 days to get to Portland via rail... doubt that but wishful thinking.

Good luck Wooly!
Mine's been in transit for 2 weeks....and the dealer is 15 minutes south of the factory. LOL

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Mine's been in transit for 2 weeks....and the dealer is 15 minutes south of the factory. LOL
Mind if I ask which dealer? I live in the area.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My R was in transit all last week scheduled to arrive Memorial Day at the dealership. I just heard it was pulled for 2nd QC inspection, potentially for paint? Not sure myself what's going.
If it was IN transit already and you confirmed that it left FRAP - I'd be surprised if it was pulled at that point. Make sure it didn't actually arrive and the dealer is getting "creative" with excuses. Next thing will be they had to send it back and your car isn't coming... Stay on top of them.

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Fords own tracking site, it says once the vehicle is in "awaiting transport" status it takes a couple days to a week for it to be shipped so clearly a month is not "normal". Something is either wrong or they are holding vehicles to make numbers for another Month. As we are now in June, it will be interesting to see if a bunch get shipped all of a sudden.
Sponsored