GT350/R Shipping Delays out of Michigan

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So what the heck- looking at the site today and now it's back to waiting for transit!
Mine did the same thing - you're fine.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I just got word Sat mine was at the mod shop till this Thursday or Friday with a Priority 1 status. Don't ask me what Priority 1 status means, but is sounds important.
COTUS now lists a delivery date for next Tuesday. Looks like my sales rep was correct....out of the mod shop today or tomorrow. :headbang:

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
COTUS now lists a delivery date for next Tuesday. Looks like my sales rep was correct....out of the mod shop today or tomorrow. :headbang:
Well did it come in today?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
It actually came yesterday. I've booked the rental car for the one way trip to the nearest Enterprise to the dealer. My dad wants to go with me as well. They are keeping it in a service bay till I arrive and will allow me to inspect the splitter install as well as insure the transport pucks were removed.

Pic from my sales rep as soon as she arrived:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even on the back of a car transport, all dirty, with plastic on it, that damn car looks gooooood! Congratulations on the car. Mine was due 5/26 and still has not arrived. Killing me.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'll love to hear your comparisons with your GT3

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll love to hear your comparisons with your GT3
Yes, me too. My friend has a 2015 Z/28 and a 2016 GT4. As much as he loves his GT4, he says there is something fun and special about the Z/28. I hope I will feel the same way and more about the GT350R. I'm a little worried about the additional 500 lbs I'll be fighting around the corners on the track.

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my shipping problems continue. Car finished production 5-8. Sat there for 3 ½ weeks waiting for transport. Went to " in transit " status 10 days ago. While many people on this forum seem to have been able to track their cars shipping location at different points along the way, my dealer can't seem to get any info. Now my SA says that the car is still waiting to board the train in Flat Rock. Help! Can anybody share how to track your car along the shipping route?

Last edited:

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Haven't found mine yet either Wooly

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My sales rep at the dealer along with the regional sales rep were able to track exactly where the car was. But my sales rep said they knew some people at the factory as well, so maybe I legitimately had inside info?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
There are a lot of cars currently waiting for stripes. They are building them quickly, but the modifications are taking a little longer since they only have so many indoor bays to apply them at.

COTUS will flop back and forth between in transit and awaiting shipment. Just something weird with the system.

OP
OP
Wooly

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a lot of cars currently waiting for stripes. They are building them quickly, but the modifications are taking a little longer since they only have so many indoor bays to apply them at.

COTUS will flop back and forth between in transit and awaiting shipment. Just something weird with the system.
If everyone was in the same boat that would make more sense, but some cars with later build dates are being shipped out expeditiously and others are just sitting. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If everyone was in the same boat that would make more sense, but some cars with later build dates are being shipped out expeditiously and others are just sitting. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.
Mine was built 5/26. Had to go to "Repairs" for bumper alignment and ECU re-flash. Then to Mod Shop for spoiler, wheels, etc. (no stripes).

It's still on "Ramp 51" - still "awaiting shipment." Don't know how it's going to get to my dealer in 12 days.
Sponsored