Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not me personally but multiple friends have. I have a track pack and can rag on it all day. I've personally seen cars go into limp mode on track and have spoken with people that traded their tech pack cars in for track packs and Rs because they've gone into limp mode on the street. I've driven my car in 100+F weather multiple times without even thinking twice about it.

Just giving my advice. You do you but think about it. How would you feel if you were driving your car, the weather got hot, and you have some really nice twisty backroads in front of you. Then after 10-15 minutes of fun, your $60k GT350 goes into limp mode.
To your point, this is currently going on.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hagens-berman-class-certification-granted-205400637.html

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
While an interesting read and Class Action suit, what can really come out of it for the owners of those who participate in the Class Action?

The Lawyers will cash out, the participants will get..... what? IF Ford loses the Class Action and has to settle OR settles just to settle - what can the owners possibly expect from Ford? Ford isn't going to Buy Back their cars for total paid, and they're not going to dish out big "lotto" monies to the participants.

Would Ford equip every affected owner's 2016 GT350 with all of the proper coolers? I don't see that happening...

It's just going to be another fluffed Class Action with headline blurbs - then it will disappear as a figment in CA history... and the Class Action participants will be lucky to get a Tic Tac.

The only other thing that CA does is put a spotlight on those 2016 GT350's as a group - and anyone reading who doesn't know shit about the 2016's will take such "news" as gospel that 'all' GT350's are affected - which can affect the future values (retail, private party or collectibility) of those cars.

I don't see the CA netting anything big to those who are participating in it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just because a 5 year old car has 465 miles that sounds fishy?

If it is a Lemon I suggest that an Oasis Report will detail all of the warranty work done on this car along with CARFAX documenting that as well.
Exactly, OASIS will show any Warranty, Recall or Regular Maintenance work if it was performed at any Ford Dealership in the US.

OASIS will also show if the vehicle was a Ford RAV Buy Back. IF the car was a Ford RAV Buy Back, it has to retain the RAV decal on the Driver side B-pillar (usually placed below the VCL decal). All paperwork to the sale of the vehicle will include RAV docs. Also if it was a RAV Buy Back, it must be disclosed to the potential Buyer. Now this being a Toyota Dealership and them being the custodian AFTER the original and 2nd Owner, any current Buyer should do their due diligence as PP0001 stated. It's not up to Toyota to disclose any prior ownership information and if they don't know it, there's nothing to disclose.

What I find interesting from the CarFax is the 1st registered Owner was June 6, 2016. Then the car is under the 2nd Owner as of August 5, 2016. A VERY short period of Ownership between 1st and 2nd. Sure, there's many reasons this could happen - BUT I wouid most definitely run the VIN through Ford OASIS to see what is logged. Did 1st Owner dump it because of the claims noted in the ongoing Class Action? Did he/she do a Ford Buy Back? Or did the 1st Owner just see something different they wanted and let go of the GT350?

Not in any way saying this GT350 has a background or something is up, but always do your due diligence when buying any vehicle of this caliber and price point.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Exactly, OASIS will show any Warranty, Recall or Regular Maintenance work if it was performed at any Ford Dealership in the US.

OASIS will also show if the vehicle was a Ford RAV Buy Back. IF the car was a Ford RAV Buy Back, it has to retain the RAV decal on the Driver side B-pillar (usually placed below the VCL decal). All paperwork to the sale of the vehicle will include RAV docs. Also if it was a RAV Buy Back, it must be disclosed to the potential Buyer. Now this being a Toyota Dealership and them being the custodian AFTER the original and 2nd Owner, any current Buyer should do their due diligence as PP0001 stated. It's not up to Toyota to disclose any prior ownership information and if they don't know it, there's nothing to disclose.

What I find interesting from the CarFax is the 1st registered Owner was June 6, 2016. Then the car is under the 2nd Owner as of August 5, 2016. A VERY short period of Ownership between 1st and 2nd. Sure, there's many reasons this could happen - BUT I wouid most definitely run the VIN through Ford OASIS to see what is logged. Did 1st Owner dump it because of the claims noted in the ongoing Class Action? Did he/she do a Ford Buy Back? Or did the 1st Owner just see something different they wanted and let go of the GT350?

Not in any way saying this GT350 has a background or something is up, but always do your due diligence when buying any vehicle of this caliber and price point.
Totally concur with all of your comments and feedback therefore suggest that any potential owners of this 2016 GT350 should proceed accordingly and would like to add this.

I will suggest that this is a 1 owner vehicle despite what CARFAX shows as this vehicle previously being owned by 3 different Louisiana individuals.

In addition to suggesting that this is a 1 owner vehicle I will also suggest that this 2016 GT350 was originally purchased by a collector/enthusiast in Louisiana therefore the very low miles for a 5 year old car.

:wink:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hi all - I know the 2016's didn't come standard with Magneride or all the coolers and everything so wanted to get your guy's thoughts on this used (practically new) one. It has the heated / cooled seats which I definitely want. Have a Mach 1 on order but Ford keeps effing with me and delaying production while other guys are already getting their cars. Only thing making me nervous is that it's out of warranty. The M1 on order is a Premium with the Tremec and handling package and I’m gettting it for $55,000.

https://www.antwerpentoyota.com/use...g-2dr+Fastback+Shelby+GT350-1FA6P8JZ9G5525689
Just checking in to see if you have made a decision as to what direction that you are going to take regarding the Mach 1 that you have on order versus other alternatives such as a used GT350/R?

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Just checking in to see if you have made a decision as to what direction that you are going to take regarding the Mach 1 that you have on order versus other alternatives such as a used GT350/R?

:sunglasses:
Well if the two cars were parked next to each other and I could take one home it would be the M1. It’s less expensive and has a new warranty, plus I prefer the M1 driving experience on the street over the GT350. Just really impatient because people who ordered around the same time or later than me had their cars built already while mine for some reason is still supposedly 6 weeks out from being built.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well if the two cars were parked next to each other and I could take one home it would be the M1. It’s less expensive and has a new warranty, plus I prefer the M1 driving experience on the street over the GT350. Just really impatient because people who ordered around the same time or later than me had their cars built already while mine for some reason is still supposedly 6 weeks out from being built.
Appreciate your comments but when you ordered your Mach 1 compared to others that ordered their car around the same time as you that really has no bearing as to when your car is going to be built.

As far as you preferring the Mach 1 driving experience on the street over a GT350 I suggest that you are one of the very few who have had that opportunity to this point and appreciate the feedback.

With that being the case I will be looking to test drive a Mach 1 versus my GT350 and see if I agree with your assessment?

Good luck and hope that the FRAP builds your Mach 1 sooner than later!

:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate your comments but when you ordered your Mach 1 compared to others that ordered their car around the same time as you that really has no bearing as to when your car is going to be built.

As far as you preferring the Mach 1 driving experience on the street over a GT350 I suggest that you are one of the very few who have had that opportunity to this point and appreciate the feedback.

With that being the case I will be looking to test drive a Mach 1 versus my GT350 and see if I agree with your assessment?

Good luck and hope that the FRAP builds your Mach 1 sooner than later!

:fingerscrossed:
Thank you! It would be nice to get it before the Pittsburgh driving season ends in November.

Just to qualify my comments on the M1 driving experience on the street: 95% of my driving is on twisty 35 mph suburban roads or 45 mph four lane roads with stoplights, and I don’t go to the track. It takes effort to drive these roads higher in the rev range. My GT350 seat time was in the Nevada desert where you could wind it out much more frequently. So the M1 lower RPM power band is much more fun on the roads I normally drive.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
nah, this is like his third post asking about a 350 because the M1 he has on order is taking too long, but he will figure it out...

Just to qualify my comments on the M1 driving experience on the street: 95% of my driving is on twisty 35 mph suburban roads or 45 mph four lane roads with stoplights, and I don’t go to the track. It takes effort to drive these roads higher in the rev range. My GT350 seat time was in the Nevada desert where you could wind it out much more frequently. So the M1 lower RPM power band is much more fun on the roads I normally drive.
...and therein lies your answer. I have had the EXACT opposite experience, but I drive my 350r for 2-4 hours at a time on the freeway up to work, and then do it in reverse to get home 3-10 days later depending on the mission :wink:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
And here's me still tryna find a grabber blue stripe delete GT350 for 2 years now !

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
And here's me still tryna find a grabber blue stripe delete GT350 for 2 years now !
With only 67 examples out there I suggest that you will have to be patient but never say never and hope that an opportunity for you will come up sooner than later.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
nah, this is like his third post asking about a 350 because the M1 he has on order is taking too long, but he will figure it out...
Yeah, this whole experience has made me very whiny and wishy washy, and I do apologize… posting about it is kind of like therapy. Will back off a little, I didn’t realize there were repeat posts but its not surprising.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
its all good man...there are quite a few here that don’t even have an S550 much less the option for either/or one of the top three models, you are in an enviable spot :wink:
Sponsored