Sponsored

GT350 Mustang Interior Spied (Again) with Getrag 6 Speed Manual/50 Years Badge

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
They can still make changes to the final look of the car.
I bet this is the case and I think the backend could be slightly different. Maybe just the aero at the bottom but maybe more including the lights and bumper cover.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
It appears to be in the past and some self inflicted. I wasn't impressed by the Challenger RT and 1LE transmissions. The RT was a sloppy mess and the 1LE was tough to find second, which may have been the skip shift? It was my only concern besides the stupid microfiber suede shift knob and steering wheel that will turn to crap in no time.

I'm not concerned about the MT85.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/...on-of-the-mustangs-mt82-6-speed-transmission/

Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Explains the issue I had with fifth gear on my boss test drive. Alleviates some concerns...

What is the getrag torque and hp rated at? Like what can it currently take? Wasn't it at its limit with the boss? Assuming the next SVT would be even more powerful...is it possible for them to further beef up the tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Explains the issue I had with fifth gear on my boss test drive. Alleviates some concerns...

What is the getrag torque and hp rated at? Like what can it currently take? Wasn't it at its limit with the boss? Assuming the next SVT would be even more powerful...is it possible for them to further beef up the tranny?

Don't get started on the torque rating as it opens a big can-o-worms. Many people still to this day misinterpret the ratings and assumed they were exceeded by the stock engine output. That is just plain wrong but they don't want to admit it. The actual 'ratings' are for a 10,000lb gvwr truck, not a 3,xxx pound car.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It appears to be in the past and some self inflicted. I wasn't impressed by the Challenger RT and 1LE transmissions. The RT was a sloppy mess and the 1LE was tough to find second, which may have been the skip shift? It was my only concern besides the stupid microfiber suede shift knob and steering wheel that will turn to crap in no time.

I'm not concerned about the MT85.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/...on-of-the-mustangs-mt82-6-speed-transmission/
just to be sure... we won't have skip shift bullshit in S550?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
From the 2015 Owners Manual:

"MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Using the Clutch
Note: Failure to fully press the clutch pedal
to the floor may cause increased shift
efforts, prematurely wear transmission
components or damage the transmission.
Note: Do not drive with your foot resting on
the clutch pedal or use the clutch pedal to
hold your vehicle at a standstill while
waiting on a hill. These actions will reduce
the life of the clutch and could nullify a
clutch warranty claim."
q

This is some of the self inflicted issues.

Fionic, I just looked again, no mention of skip shift in owners manual...so hopefully that stupid feature is gone. I never noticed it when I test drove a '14 and it is not in it's manual. I'm assuming this feature fortunately has disappeared for good.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

"MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Using the Clutch
Note: Failure to fully press the clutch pedal
to the floor may cause increased shift
efforts, prematurely wear transmission
components or damage the transmission.
Note: Do not drive with your foot resting on
the clutch pedal or use the clutch pedal to
hold your vehicle at a standstill while
waiting on a hill. These actions will reduce
the life of the clutch and could nullify a
clutch warranty claim."
q

This is some of the self inflicted issues.

Fionic, I just looked again, no mention of skip shift in owners manual...so hopefully that stupid feature is gone. I never noticed it when I test drove a '14 and it is not in it's manual. I'm assuming this feature fortunately has disappeared for good.

good, I could've sworn I read they stopped including it in 2013+

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Don't get started on the torque rating as it opens a big can-o-worms. Many people still to this day misinterpret the ratings and assumed they were exceeded by the stock engine output. That is just plain wrong but they don't want to admit it. The actual 'ratings' are for a 10,000lb gvwr truck, not a 3,xxx pound car.

Gotcha. I'm pretty low on my knowledge and that's just something I had read somewhere when I was trying to figure out why the boss I test drove had an issue.

I am seriously sold on the SVT as long as I can afford it so all the knowledge/arguments/discussions on these forums are nice. I'm sure I'll be asking a bajillion tech questions when it comes time to order a car and get ready for its delivery :-D

Sponsored

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
I was hoping that they would have swithed, like they have in the past to the Tremec 6060. Those have been the Transmission of choice by Ford for previous Shelby Mustangs.

The Tremec is also thetransmission of choice in the Dodge Challenger and Viper, the Camaro and Corvette as well.
While this is true with the Tremec being preferred with GM and Chrysler, I've read on more than one occasion that the Tremec's are no longer as suitable for the Coyote (specifically when the Boss was out) due to the gearing. The Getrag keeps the Coyote in the power, the Tremec's ratios are too far apart (at least that's what I've read) None of the GM or Chrysler products are as rev happy as the Coyote, and the Coyote makes power at past where the other two manufacture's start falling off. Take a look at the bracing between the floating shifter on a 2014 M6, and then look at the 2015's. It's been beefed up substantially on the 2015. I'm willing to bet the prior shifting issues were caused by flex through the bracing causing sloppy thus failed gear changes....Just a guess

86GT

Threads
Reaction score

I'm assuming this feature fortunately has disappeared for good.
Skip shift used to be worth +1 mpg on the EPA circuit just like EPAS. I'm pretty sure that's over now, hence why the feature is gone.