Sponsored

GT350 Media Event at Laguna Seca

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Thanks Randy..I currently have DIB R but I am seriously thinking on changing to the AG with the black stripes with red accents, and black roof. I too a concerned about it being plain and wished it was metallic, but I believe the red accent ties in well to the red cobra emblem, and red interior stitching. If I change, it will need to be today.
AG w/ the black stripes on the R model is a solid choice. Magnetic w/ black would also be a great choice.

I was speaking with one of the engineers yesterday and he pointed out that a non striped car with black roof makes the car look wider and lower. He wasn't a stripe fan.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Liquid Blue....

And the RS is called Stealth Gray...

I wish they had offered that color. Honestly, I probably would have paid an extra $1k for it if it was an option.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i hope they do put out liquid blue in the future, thats the color i really want!! then i have to trade mine in and start all over....kill me now!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Shelby GT 350 with no stripes kinda looks a little bland. I would have to see the car in person before I'd buy. The limited color choices for the base car makes it hard to choose. I like the black with black stripe red outline but that's only on the R.

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Any photos of the Orange with black stripes? Impressions if you saw one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm here at Laguna, and it's AWESOME!

I love the old Poppy Red, but not a big fan of the comp orange. It's not t bad in person with the black stripes, but not my favorite. I'm like white stripes better. ;-)

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
BTW, when I went to Laguna yesterday, I was only stopped to check my invite at the paddock area (this was around 8am though). There were viewing areas accessible before any checks, though the park entrance before the campground was manned by the time I left, but you may be able to pay to enter the park and then watch from one of the hills today. YMMV.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
great to meet all the mustang enthusiasts out there today. I was REALLY impressed with the Ford crew...those guys have serious passion and went out their way, every step of the way, to make you feel welcome. Those guys have passion for these cars...bridging history with modern tech. I very much appreciated the way they've approached their roles. Those guys work their asses off...and they love what they do. Candidly, I come away envious.

Context: I drove the 'R' and right-seated in the 'R'

It's still hard to get my head around the car. And even harder to communicate what it's all about. It's about a lot of stuff...and everything works in such harmony. It was pretty surreal. The car was so approachable, easy to engage with, and...yet...so stinky fast. Composed, but not distant....you felt engaged, but you weren't working hard.

Old Mustangs, you drove the rear of the car. If you could get that right, you'd be fast. If you didn't, trouble. This car feels a lot more...almost entirely...about the front end of the car. The rear kind of disappears...in a good way. Granted, I had it in Sport mode (because they insisted)...but even when right-seating with Gunnar (who was in Track mode), you could feel the balance. It was really precise up front...not twitchy, not dull....I found myself able to just focus on steering / setting up lines and never once needing to be concerned about the rear end. Power was not overwhelming feeling, but you were never wanting of more power. So the rear just did what it was supposed to do...in a pleasantly-unremarkable way.

The brakes: strong, for sure. really strong. fade-free? I hope. Knowing what we know about how they were engineered, I'm VERY optimistic. Which makes me really happy. My driving style relies heavily on braking...I didn't get a great sense of how well they modulate / how well you can rotate the car with trail-braking, but given what I could feel of the brakes, I'm optimistic. (note: there are two fairly-well-known lines through the double apex T2 at LS...one is to truly double-apex it...making a 'V' and using the brakes hard on entry then using some trail braking to get the car to rotate in between apex 1 and apex 2. The other is to swing wide at corner-entry (a good strategy if you're racing with lots of cars on track because it usually backs up on the inside line) and then tightening it up for the second. The latter line is often referred to as the 'high-horsepower' line. The double apex line is typically reserved for the more-nimble cars.
I'll say that the car felt equally at home on both lines.

Other notes:
- Even though I'd seen the car in person (and right-seated) at the historics, it continues to impress in person, visually, It cuts a mean groove sitting still. And, in motion, when you combine the sound, the stance, the vibe...it really is a special car.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Good feedback and that you had a fun awe inspiring experience. What did you think of the mix of colors present and sounds between the R and non-R?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
great to meet all the mustang enthusiasts out there today. I was REALLY impressed with the Ford crew...those guys have serious passion and went out their way, every step of the way, to make you feel welcome. Those guys have passion for these cars...bridging history with modern tech. I very much appreciated the way they've approached their roles. Those guys work their asses off...and they love what they do. Candidly, I come away envious.

Context: I drove the 'R' and right-seated in the 'R'

It's still hard to get my head around the car. And even harder to communicate what it's all about. It's about a lot of stuff...and everything works in such harmony. It was pretty surreal. The car was so approachable, easy to engage with, and...yet...so stinky fast. Composed, but not distant....you felt engaged, but you weren't working hard.

Old Mustangs, you drove the rear of the car. If you could get that right, you'd be fast. If you didn't, trouble. This car feels a lot more...almost entirely...about the front end of the car. The rear kind of disappears...in a good way. Granted, I had it in Sport mode (because they insisted)...but even when right-seating with Gunnar (who was in Track mode), you could feel the balance. It was really precise up front...not twitchy, not dull....I found myself able to just focus on steering / setting up lines and never once needing to be concerned about the rear end. Power was not overwhelming feeling, but you were never wanting of more power. So the rear just did what it was supposed to do...in a pleasantly-unremarkable way.

The brakes: strong, for sure. really strong. fade-free? I hope. Knowing what we know about how they were engineered, I'm VERY optimistic. Which makes me really happy. My driving style relies heavily on braking...I didn't get a great sense of how well they modulate / how well you can rotate the car with trail-braking, but given what I could feel of the brakes, I'm optimistic. (note: there are two fairly-well-known lines through the double apex T2 at LS...one is to truly double-apex it...making a 'V' and using the brakes hard on entry then using some trail braking to get the car to rotate in between apex 1 and apex 2. The other is to swing wide at corner-entry (a good strategy if you're racing with lots of cars on track because it usually backs up on the inside line) and then tightening it up for the second. The latter line is often referred to as the 'high-horsepower' line. The double apex line is typically reserved for the more-nimble cars.
I'll say that the car felt equally at home on both lines.

Other notes:
- Even though I'd seen the car in person (and right-seated) at the historics, it continues to impress in person, visually, It cuts a mean groove sitting still. And, in motion, when you combine the sound, the stance, the vibe...it really is a special car.
Terrific commentary and based on your detailed comments I suggest that you cannot wait until your 2016 "R" arrives?

I really like your comments about the passion that the Ford crew brings to each of these events and just again confirms why I have been a loyal and compassionate supporter of the "Blue Oval" brand for almost 50 years now.

Based on your experience today I am really looking forward to my track side encounter on October 12th at Sebring!

Thanks again to you and the Ford Performance Team for what took place today.

:cheers:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Al, I will be in Sebring as well and hopefully we can hook up?

You attending Monday or Tuesday?

:shrug:
Of course! I'm there on Monday, Oct. 13th... my confirmed slot is 8am-12noon :cheers:
You guys with Sebring passes - can you bring a friend? :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Did they say anything about still being around tomorrow?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Flying to SanFran tomorrow and I WOULD rent a car and go over! :)
Sponsored