Sponsored

GT350 Media Event at Laguna Seca

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
How did that color combo appear in person?
A magnetic gray with black stripes R model is what I would order if I had the chance. An AG with black R model also looked really good. However I saw a DIB regular GT350 there and will be changing my order now lol. They all look great, there is no bad choice:
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1387-1.jpg
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
A magnetic gray with black stripes R model is what I would order if I had the chance. An AG with black R model also looked really good. However I saw a DIB regular GT350 there and will be changing my order now lol. They all look great, there is no bad choice:

Any photos of the Orange with black stripes? Impressions if you saw one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
5. The instructor didn't let me wind it out to redline - he kept telling me to up-shift around 6k. Perhaps the pros here can let me know why.
Because they either didn't want the cars beat on all day, or they wanted to keep you out of the over-rev feature. I haven't seen any hard statements on whether that over-rev was implemented as described in the owner's supplement.

The only other possibility is that they just didn't want inexperienced drivers fumbling with trying to get into a different gear just before going into the next corner.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Here's the only pic I have lol. It's on the right. I'm a terrible picture taker. The orange imo is not too bright. It has some black/gray in it that mutes the brightness of the color. Maybe kind of muddy looking for lack of a better term?
IMG_1368.JPG

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
Here's the only pic I have lol. It's on the right. I'm a terrible picture taker. The orange imo is not too bright. It has some black/gray in it that mutes the brightness of the color. Maybe kind of muddy looking for lack of a better term?
Randy, if you saw it, what did you think of Avalanche in person?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^^Still a good capture! The yellow definitely strikes a home run... heck they all do!

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
Because they either didn't want the cars beat on all day, or they wanted to keep you out of the over-rev feature.
I recently read on another site that the over-rev feature was incorrect and it was a holdover in the info from the GT500. Did the Ford team confirm the feature at this event. I saw a revised PDF with no mention of over-rev. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit:found it
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Because they either didn't want the cars beat on all day, or they wanted to keep you out of the over-rev feature. I haven't seen any hard statements on whether that over-rev was implemented as described in the owner's supplement.

The only other possibility is that they just didn't want inexperienced drivers fumbling with trying to get into a different gear just before going into the next corner.
There is no over-rev as mentioned, I am guessing its more the latter than anything. Im sure they probed the drivers before letting them loose, from some of the videos already posted its clear some of these guys have little to zero track experience. So letting them loose in a car of this caliber is much like giving a small child a loaded weapon

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Might have been because of noise restrictions at LS.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Randy, if you saw it, what did you think of Avalanche in person?
Here's a few pics for you

I ordered AG w/ over the top blue stripes. After seeing one there I'm going to change my order to DIB w/ black over the top stripes like the last one I posted. I initially thought that the blue stripes would bring out some blue that AG might have had in the color but there's just no blue in it.

The only AG I like is an R with the black stripe red stripe combo. Other than that the color (although I like it) is a little plain. There's no metallic in it and to me it really does look like glossy primer.

I initially shied away from DIB as it has some purple in it. Sometimes it doesn't photograph well. But in the sun the color is very deep and it really shines.
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
E27E9347-0798-4501-9374-8D96D717F41A_zpswh9ynxw1.jpg~original.jpeg

Sponsored

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
Here's a few pics for you

I ordered AG w/ over the top blue stripes. After seeing one there I'm going to change my order to DIB w/ black over the top stripes like the last one I posted. I initially thought that the blue stripes would bring out some blue that AG might have had in the color but there's just no blue in it.

The only AG I like is an R with the black stripe red stripe combo. Other than that the color (although I like it) is a little plain. There's no metallic in it and to me it really does look like glossy primer.

I initially shied away from DIB as it has some purple in it. Sometimes it doesn't photograph well. But in the sun the color is very deep and it really shines.

Thanks Randy..I currently have DIB R but I am seriously thinking on changing to the AG with the black stripes with red accents, and black roof. I too a concerned about it being plain and wished it was metallic, but I believe the red accent ties in well to the red cobra emblem, and red interior stitching. If I change, it will need to be today.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual

Yes, makes sense. He knew I was inexperienced and was probably playing it safe. I think there was enough room on the straightaway after the last turn to get it all the way up, then up shift closer to the turn. If I remember correctly, I still down-shifted right before turn 2 anyway so there wouldn't have been an extra shift, it would just pushed the up and back down closer together. But it all went by so fast. One thing I do remember was him trying to break me of my habit of leaving my right hand on the shifter instead of going straight back to the wheel each time.

Could have also been the noise. They mentioned a noise limit of 105 dB if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the right. Looked great. But then again, they all looked great.

There was a special blue color on the model that was tipped on its end to see the underbody. They hinted it may become available on future models. I forget what they called it, but I personally preferred it to DIB.

There was also a different shade of grey ("shadow" I think?) that will be coming soon. It wasn't on a Mustang though, I think it was on the upcoming Focus RS.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
On the right. Looked great. But then again, they all looked great.

There was a special blue color on the model that was tipped on its end to see the underbody. They hinted it may become available on future models. I forget what they called it, but I personally preferred it to DIB.

There was also a different shade of grey ("shadow" I think?) that will be coming soon. It wasn't on a Mustang though, I think it was on the upcoming Focus RS.
Liquid Blue....

And the RS is called Stealth Gray...

Sponsored