GT350 FORScan Tweaks

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Red splash screen, belt minders, and the double horn honk are done.
Looking through the thread for the exhaust sound through the speakers or whatever it's called.
I'm working on it right now, controversy over what X should be for sound enhancement disable in line:
ACM 727-01-01 ---- -X-- ----
X= 8 or 0.
Stock code in 2016 tech pack is: 1801 3A08 008B

Will let you know in a few minutes hopefully, going for a ride now :)

Update- Well it's confirmed, in a 2016 tech pack the following codes DO NOT disable sound enhancement (if it even exists, lol), absolutely no change in sound inside the car whatsoever with windows up in either normal or sport exhaust mode with radio volume on or off:
1801 3808 0089 (9 was an auto change by forscan)
1801 3008 0081 (1 was an auto change by forscan)
1801 C000 0009

And checked voice Nav guidance with each different code, no change in volume there either. Some have mentioned that when the sound enhancement is successfully disabled, an unintended consequence is the voice navigation volume is very low.

And with that, goodnight. If anyone has another code to try, let me know.
Also looking for a code to allow Nav in Motion, the second digit 5 to a 7 as previously mentioned doesn't work in a GT350, at least with the R startup screen, I haven't tried to go back to stock screen yet to see if that will work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
That's exactly what he changed, and it made no difference as I totally suspected. This only disables the ANC in the ecoboost models, not sure why anyone would think it would disable the fake sound...but that's what's been reported. Glad to know now that it doesn't work on a GT350 either.

I will say this is still a good mod if you plan on adding an aftermarket subwoofer and amp. With ANC enabled, you will get a low rumble from the sub while driving down the road as the car attempts to cancel out unwanted noises.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
β€˜17 Ruby red GT350
That's exactly what he changed, and it made no difference as I totally suspected. This only disables the ANC in the ecoboost models, not sure why anyone would think it would disable the fake sound...but that's what's been reported. Glad to know now that it doesn't work on a GT350 either.

I will say this is still a good mod if you plan on adding an aftermarket subwoofer and amp. With ANC enabled, you will get a low rumble from the sub while driving down the road as the car attempts to cancel out unwanted noises.
So basically what you're saying is those that think they disabled the fake sound didn't do squat!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
So basically what you're saying is those that think they disabled the fake sound didn't do squat!
Not true, I turned mine off and on a few times over the period of a few weeks to be certain that I wanted to leave it off. It does work and there is a significant difference.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Not true, I turned mine off and on a few times over the period of a few weeks to be certain that I wanted to leave it off. It does work and there is a significant difference.
Do you remember what code you used? And is your voice prompt navigation volume very low? I would like to turn off any sound enhancement, but haven't had success.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
For my Tech Pack I used on ACM 727-01-01 1801 C000 009 to turn it off. 1801 3A08 008B to turn it back on.
When you make the change to the ACM you will have the nav voice volume drop to almost mute. To solve that, activate a voice command and while the voice is active, turn up the volume knob to the desired listening level for the voice command. This action sets the volume for that feature. You can do that at any time to alter the volume independent of the sound system volume.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
For my Tech Pack I used on ACM 727-01-01 1801 C000 009 to turn it off. 1801 3A08 008B to turn it back on.
When you make the change to the ACM you will have the nav voice volume drop to almost mute. To solve that, activate a voice command and while the voice is active, turn up the volume knob to the desired listening level for the voice command. This action sets the volume for that feature. You can do that at any time to alter the volume independent of the sound system volume.
Okay, so i'm gonna break down the changes you made, because you changed a lot more than just fake sounds.

727-01-01 xxxx 3xxx xxxx =Front & Rear Det enabled & Antenna Type: Active & 6 presets
727-01-01 xxxx Cxxx xxxx =Front Det disabled & Rear Det enabled & Antenna Type: Mast & 10 presets
727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx =FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB absent
727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx =FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB absent
727-01-01 xxxx xxx8 xxxx = ???? (but would have no effect on fake sounds since related to CD player)
727-01-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx =Internal CD & no text conversion

So...the only change that you made that could have possibly had any impact at all on your fake sound setting would be changing A to 0 on the second set of numbers for the second value. That has been proven to make no difference on other models, but it does appear to disable the active noise cancellation while keeping the sound symposer enabled.

So, my suggestion if you wanted to do a little tinkering would be to set your as-built to one of the following, and see what happens. X's listed below can be set to whatever, FORScan will correct them when you write the file.

[removed] - Disables Front and Rear speaker detection, disables ANC, all other settings remain stock
[removed] - Only disables ANC, all other settings remain stock.

I'm willing to bet both of these will sound the exact same as what you have right now. If you try it, report back and let us know. I would love to figure out a way to enable and disable the sound symposer reliably without screwing up the sound system.

Last edited:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Okay, so i'm gonna break down the changes you made, because you changed a lot more than just fake sounds.

727-01-01 xxxx 3xxx xxxx =Front & Rear Det enabled & Antenna Type: Active & 6 presets
727-01-01 xxxx Cxxx xxxx =Front Det disabled & Rear Det enabled & Antenna Type: Mast & 10 presets
727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx =FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB absent
727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx =FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB absent
727-01-01 xxxx xxx8 xxxx = ???? (but would have no effect on fake sounds since related to CD player)
727-01-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx =Internal CD & no text conversion

So...the only change that you made that could have possibly had any impact at all on your fake sound setting would be changing A to 0 on the second set of numbers for the second value. That has been proven to make no difference on other models, but it does appear to disable the active noise cancellation while keeping the sound symposer enabled.

So, my suggestion if you wanted to do a little tinkering would be to set your as-built to one of the following, and see what happens. X's listed below can be set to whatever, FORScan will correct them when you write the file.

727-01-01 1801 F808 00xx - Disables Front and Rear speaker detection, disables ANC, all other settings remain stock
727-01-01 1801 3808 00xx - Only disables ANC, all other settings remain stock.

I'm willing to bet both of these will sound the exact same as what you have right now. If you try it, report back and let us know. I would love to figure out a way to enable and disable the sound symposer reliably without screwing up the sound system.
Thanks for the info, I will try all of these and report back. Of course, there's the possibility I'm making a change and just don't notice a difference in sound, but I have excellent hearing and if others make the change and say they hear a difference I should hear it as well.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for the info, I will try all of these and report back. Of course, there's the possibility I'm making a change and just don't notice a difference in sound, but I have excellent hearing and if others make the change and say they hear a difference I should hear it as well.
Don't try those on your car unless your as-built is identical from the factory to GT Dave's. Replacing an entire line of code changes many things, when there is usually just one value that needs to be changed.

I really can't stress this enough. There are a lot of full lines of code floating around in here for people to swap out, making lots of unintended changes. People should only be changing the individual values required of the mod, not the entire line or you might lose other features at the same time.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Don't try those on your car unless your as-built is identical from the factory to GT Dave's. Replacing an entire line of code changes many things, when there is usually just one value that needs to be changed.

I really can't stress this enough. There are a lot of full lines of code floating around in here for people to swap out, making lots of unintended changes. People should only be changing the individual values required of the mod, not the entire line or you might lose other features at the same time.
But, shouldn't cause any permanent harm as I can always go back to stock full code.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
All I can do is make suggestions. There have been code modifications found that are irreversible, although most are not.

I have stated in here multiple times that there are plenty of resources available on the internet and on this site to help understand how to make changes without replacing an entire line and causing other issues, so don't blame me when something gets screwed up or doesn't work as expected.

Anyone else who needs help with as-built mods, please PM me. Please also keep in mind there is a thread in the DIY section that includes a lot of this information. I will no longer share full as-built codes in this thread.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Fake Sound Gone!

Finally works,
ACM 727-01-01 1801 F808 00xx eliminated fake sound in my 2016 tech pack. xx automatically became 49 just FYI. No other adverse effects noted, Nav voice guidance remains at normal volume. FYI my factory value was 1801 3A08 008B, so only two changes, the first two characters of the middle sequence.

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So basically it's exactly the same as in the EcoBoost (see my post above).

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Finally works,
ACM 727-01-01 1801 F808 00xx eliminated fake sound in my 2016 tech pack. xx automatically became 49 just FYI. No other adverse effects noted, Nav voice guidance remains at normal volume. FYI my factory value was 1801 3A08 008B, so only two changes, the first two characters of the middle sequence.
Do me a favor then, switch the F back to 3, and see if the fake sounds come back or if they remain off. In theory, the only thing you should have to change is the A to 8 to disable the fake sounds, as it should be tied in with the ANC, but it doesn't appear to work properly on the EB cars.
Sponsored