Sponsored

GT350 Drive Modes Explanation Video

flyboygsxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What mode do you guys drive your cars in on the street vs on track?

[ame]
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
At a track: Sport mode and steering set to Normal

Autocross: Track mode and hold button up 9secs to completely disable
Advancetrak

Street: Normal or Sport mode and steering set to Normal. A few blocks away from home and if in Normal mode than exhaust is set to Sport.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
On the street, I drive in sport mode with comfort steering.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I pretty much can't stand the steering feel in anything other than Sport haha the others I find far too light.

Drive in Sport most of the time purely for the extra response from throttle inputs which makes rev-matching easier, haven't even tried Track mode yet.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
after 9 minute mark it got so boring

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I pretty much can't stand the steering feel in anything other than Sport haha the others I find far too light.

Drive in Sport most of the time purely for the extra response from throttle inputs which makes rev-matching easier, haven't even tried Track mode yet.
I honestly can't tell much of a difference between either. In my M4 it was a pretty big difference from comfort to sport so I may still be used to that.

after 9 minute mark it got so boring
After 9 minutes? Holy deadpan Batman, I'm glad I had some coffee by me while I watched it.

Last edited:

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I thought he did a pretty good video and I appreciate that he took the time to do it.There was one mistake I noticed. The throttle response in sport mode is much more aggressive than in track mode. Sport mode is plenty of fun however if you are getting low on fuel and a long ways from a gas station switching to normal can save your butt! I believe sport to be the thirstiest mode.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I thought he did a pretty good video and I appreciate that he took the time to do it.There was one mistake I noticed. The throttle response in sport mode is much more aggressive than in track mode. Sport mode is plenty of fun however if you are getting low on fuel and a long ways from a gas station switching to normal can save your butt! I believe sport to be the thirstiest mode.
Huh, I'm always in sport mode, maybe that's why I'm at the gas station multiple times a week.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I honestly can't tell much of a difference between either. In my M4 it was a pretty big difference from comfort to sport so I may still be used to that.
Are you referencing the throttle/suspension characteristics or the steering inputs? Because I immediately feel a massive difference between comfort and sport mode in the steering haha

With the suspension, even when I switch it into Sport mode, I dial the suspension back to normal. I haven't even come close to needing the shocks any stiffer than normal and that's with pulling almost 1 g in the bends. Just don't see the reason to make the ride any rougher when I don't need too :)

You are correct sir, Sport mode I *believe* has throttle inputs set to 50-100% more than normal mode. So the amount of throttle you get at 50% pedal travel is significantly greater than the same amount in normal. I believe Track mode has the throttle set to 100%, such that you can be smoother in regards to applying throttle on track. Not sure about weather mode, but I imagine it offers the least amount of throttle throughout the travel of the pedal, with the throttle % ramping up significantly to 100% in the last bit of movement in the pedal. Only speculating there though as I haven't floored the car in weather mode haha

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Are you referencing the throttle/suspension characteristics or the steering inputs? Because I immediately feel a massive difference between comfort and sport mode in the steering haha

With the suspension, even when I switch it into Sport mode, I dial the suspension back to normal. I haven't even come close to needing the shocks any stiffer than normal and that's with pulling almost 1 g in the bends. Just don't see the reason to make the ride any rougher when I don't need too :)

You are correct sir, Sport mode I *believe* has throttle inputs set to 50-100% more than normal mode. So the amount of throttle you get at 50% pedal travel is significantly greater than the same amount in normal. I believe Track mode has the throttle set to 100%, such that you can be smoother in regards to applying throttle on track. Not sure about weather mode, but I imagine it offers the least amount of throttle throughout the travel of the pedal, with the throttle % ramping up significantly to 100% in the last bit of movement in the pedal. Only speculating there though as I haven't floored the car in weather mode haha
I was referencing steering in my post. I just don't notice that big of a difference. Both feel light to me.

As for throttle, I do notice a difference between Normal and Sport/Track, but not much between Sport and Track mode throttle settings. Again, probably because on my M3/4 the difference between Comfort throttle and Sport was big. Sport and especially Sport+ could be on off switches at certain RPM's. It is actually one of the things I really like better about the GT350 is the ability to have smoother throttle input and engine response.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I was referencing steering in my post. I just don't notice that big of a difference. Both feel light to me.

As for throttle, I do notice a difference between Normal and Sport/Track, but not much between Sport and Track mode throttle settings. Again, probably because on my M3/4 the difference between Comfort throttle and Sport was big. Sport and especially Sport+ could be on off switches at certain RPM's. It is actually one of the things I really like better about the GT350 is the ability to have smoother throttle input and engine response.
That's wild man, I notice a huge difference haha I think I can imagine where you are coming from though, a little while ago I test drove a 2011 3 series that had hydraulic steering and christ I was not prepared for how heavy it felt haha so I imagine that the newer cars, especially the M's, with the electronic steering have the effort dialed way way up to mimic hydraulic steering effort levels?

I love the adjustability of the car, one of my favorite aspects for sure. The only thing I think is missing, is an "Individual" mode, or at least the ability for the car to recall the drive modes last selected. Just gets a little irritating to always have to flick the car into sport mode and then change the dampers again haha should have included that capability IMO.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I pretty much always have it in sport mode, it feels right to me. If I'm in the car with my wife I will very occasionally just leave it alone.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Normal mode, nah!!! to boring!
daily driving always Sport mode with dampeners on normal unless carving roads then leave as is. My local track Barber MSP, I use Track mode. I have used weather mode when I was caught in a heavy downpour once and the throttle sensitivity was greatly reduced. Really haven't played with Drag mode since I really don't care much for the dead stop launch.
Sponsored