Sponsored

GT350 DIY Oil Change

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Very nice write up with excellent pictures.

I may have missed, but one thing I would add is before installing the filter, fill it up and top it off 2 - 3 times. This will ensure on startup everything will get oil quicker.
Sponsored

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
I just changed my oil again. I had no spillage. I let the car drain overnight (probably not practical) and when I loosened the oil filter, only a little oil dripped out of the trap door.
Did you drill holes in it before?

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys quick question: If you change the oil on a DIY job, what do you do with the computer oil reminder?

Another quesiton would be: What do you do on the service manual? (Mustang supplement)

Who logs your oil changes and who would stamp those?

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have a set of 2 piece race ramps from reverse logics and they are awesome. They have 80 inch length with a 10 inch lift hand and 8.6 degree grade. They have the extenders built into them so you don't have to buy them separately.

Reverse Logic race ramps, no extender ramps needed
http://www.reverselogic.us/2-stage-incline-ramps.html

Part number RR-80-10-2
8.5 degree incline , 2 stage, 10 inch lift

The RR-80-10-2 ramps are a standard Race Ramps catalog item with a 10" high cradle top platform and an 8.5Ëš initial incline. The RLL-80-2 ramps are a custom product manufactured by Race Ramps for Reverse Logic.
I am confused! So which ones do you use? The last part number your provided show an 80inch 9 inch lift and 6,8 degree incline.

Sponsored

RavenGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Guys quick question: If you change the oil on a DIY job, what do you do with the computer oil reminder?

Another quesiton would be: What do you do on the service manual? (Mustang supplement)

There is an oil life reset in the information display. You would log your oil change and date it. Make sure to save the receipt for your oil and filter purchase.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
TTT for those ramps ;) And for the filter conversion info! Thanks in advance!

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Question, is the oil is below the first for on the dipstick, how many quarts do you add?
This is between oil changes

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Question, is the oil is below the first for on the dipstick, how many quarts do you add?
This is between oil changes
Bottom hashes to top hashes is about a quart, if that's what your asking.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

I log my own oil changes, and if the car is still within the warranty period I'll save the oil and filter receipts (plus the dealership parts counter will have their records of the filter and at least for the Mustang the Motorcraft oil purchases).

Can't help with the oil monitor thing. Sorry.

Norm

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

In US (unlike Europe) , the cars don't get a stamp in the service book even if they are taken to a dealer. They get recorded online, and if you run a history report (Carfax) on the car, you will see the service performed.
I added my car in mycarfax.com, and I add there all service records. This way, if someone is looking for it online, it's always going to show up.

But this is for US, nowhere, no how for Romania :)

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Reset Engine Oil Reminder

1. Left side steering wheel - Main Menu
2. Settings
3. Reset Oil Reminder (or something to that affect...)

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have you guys been able to loosen the original filter with a regular 1/2" drive ratchet or is a breaker bar necessary? I will be doing my first change in a week or so.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Have you guys been able to loosen the original filter with a regular 1/2" drive ratchet or is a breaker bar necessary? I will be doing my first change in a week or so.
I just used a breaker bar for convenience, I don't recall it being required. Ideally the filter should only be torqued on there to 18 ft-lbs, 1/2" drive ratchet should be plenty capable. Just make sure you have the correct size oil filter wrench.
Sponsored