GT350 Daily Use

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Hey guys, I've been searching for a good deal on a used GT350 for a while now and I've noticed that most of the cars listed are really low miles. Another thing I've noticed is that these cars seem to have multiple owners and low miles. Is the ride really that firm and unusable for daily driving? Just don't want to get the thing and hate it I've test driven Roush S3s and normal GTs...not a Shelby yet. (hard to find one close) Any comments are welcome! Looking forward to getting this or the Roush.
Sponsored

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey guys, I've been searching for a good deal on a used GT350 for a while now and I've noticed that most of the cars listed are really low miles. Another thing I've noticed is that these cars seem to have multiple owners and low miles. Is the ride really that firm and unusable for daily driving? Just don't want to get the thing and hate it I've test driven Roush S3s and normal GTs...not a Shelby yet. (hard to find one close) Any comments are welcome! Looking forward to getting this or the Roush.
While I don't daily drive mine because I work from home, I wouldn't have an issue. Only issue is you need all season tires for the winter, even if it is just driving in the cold.

AfriqueNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
My good friend has a GT350 and it's great. As far as daily driving is concerned most have low miles because they are collectors cars. They will appreciate over time unlike a GT so most owners want to keep the value high by not modding it or racking up miles. The tires are useless in the winter and it sits low so not good for northeastern commutes. I wouldn't daily it here in the tristate for those reasons alone. My friend purchased his 2 years ago used and it's now worth MORE than what he paid for it out the door.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I daily drive my GT350. 85 miles round trip. I am not saving it for the next guy. I try not to drive in the rain but that has happened. Over 7k in miles since I bought new in February. I have no problems. I drive about half those miles on back county roads. Tramlining, yes. Not a big deal to me adjust driving to car and road.

The wheels on the Shelby go round and round. Round and round.

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Low miles and multiple owners for these cars means multiple people who were buying it with the Intention of flipping.

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I ride motorcycles as much as possible (12,000 miles already this season) so my miles are low for that reason. Plus my truck for bad weather/winter driving.

But I would have no issues with the comfort of my GT350 to drive it daily. And I have the Recaro seats.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys! I just wish the prices didnt go up as much as they have since January. May have to wait until the beginning of next year.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Thanks guys! I just wish the prices didnt go up as much as they have since January. May have to wait until the beginning of next year.
Bought my 2020 brand new in March of this year. Fresh off the (obviously late) transporter.
Paid MSRP just before the market really went nuts here.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I daily drive my GT350. 85 miles round trip. I am not saving it for the next guy. I try not to drive in the rain but that has happened. Over 7k in miles since I bought new in February. I have no problems. I drive about half those miles on back county roads. Tramlining, yes. Not a big deal to me adjust driving to car and road.

Amen! Screw the next guy, enjoy the car, that's what they are meant for. I drive mine 5-6 days a week. 24,xxx since new and no plans to limit miles or worry about collector value. In many cases history shows that mileage won't matter for a very desirable collector car. Look at virtually any 60's muscle car or air cooled 911. They have virtually all been used a bunch and are still crazy valuable. As for the suitability of daily use, absolutely no issues whatsoever. The GT350 is not a harsh riding car at all. A luxury car it is not but I don't think anyone is expecting that anyway. Maybe other than the low mpg it's a great daily.

Last edited:

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I dailyed mine all last year (in MA; through the winter). That includes, racing, burnouts/donuts, highway/city miles.

It's completely doable and a necessity. IMO it's a complete waste to let these cars sit inside a garage only to creep out on sunny days and for car shows.

Just watch your fluids and beat on the car when you're 190Ā° plus on OT.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people buy just to be able to say they've owned a Shelby, and as others have said, their goal is to sell with a profit.

Other people buy GT350s to use them and enjoy. Fewer of those people are selling. They are busy having fun driving their cars.

I drove my GT350 daily for 3.5 years and over 30,000 miles. Lots of fun and I still regret selling it. I didn't drive in every kind of weather we have in MN, but I drove it most days. I drove it enough to find out it works great in below zero weather.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I've test driven Roush S3s and normal GTs...not a Shelby yet. (hard to find one close)
Joe:
I see we are both in the Atlanta area... if you want to take a ride in a GT350, let me know.
I have had mine for two years now and I have 29,500 miles already. It does not see rain, but I drive this thing a lot.............. it's vehicular crack due to the exhaust and everything attached to the exhaust!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Joe:
I see we are both in the Atlanta area... if you want to take a ride in a GT350, let me know.
I have had mine for two years now and I have 29,500 miles already. It does not see rain, but I drive this thing a lot.............. it's vehicular crack due to the exhaust and everything attached to the exhaust!
Good on you brother!

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350

I second that motion!!! I'm not saving mines for the next either. I bought the car to enjoy it not stare it every other day!!! I live in suburbs of New York City. About a hour and 10 minutes away. I will probably drive it until mid-october then put it away for the winter.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'm not saving mines for the next either. I bought the car to enjoy it not stare it every other day!!!
Well said...!
I wish I knew who posted the comment years ago that I saw... they said something along the lines of:
Having a GT350 and not driving it, and then selling it with low miles is like having a really hot girlfriend and not have sex with her, so that the next guy gets a perfect un-used pussy that will be pounded over and over by someone else!
Sponsored