Sponsored

GT350 Curb height

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
I have yet to take ownership of my Black on Black GT350 (production week of 1/4). One fear I have is the low curb height for the front. Several inches lower than most cars (including the GT).

What is the experience parking this car against the curb etc? How resilient is the front spoiler from getting curb bumped.

I was thinking I should probably get used to back in (using backup camera) everywhere..

Steve
Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Alternatively, I would like to know if people using this as a daily driver have opted against having the front splitter installed... seems like that would save 1-2" of height.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would never risk it, park backwards or stop well short of parking stones. Already do that with my 2012

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
What I would really like to know is if the R's are lower due to the tires being 1" shorter or if the the springs are different heights.
Maybe if some owners, R and non-R could measure from the top of the front wheel arch to the ground. If there is only a 1/2" difference, then it is all tire, if it is more, the springs are shorter.

I'm pretty used to cars with very little clearance. I only wish my current DD (FRS) had a backup camera. Its lowered and impossible to see where to back up.

Last edited:

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
Alternatively, I would like to know if people using this as a daily driver have opted against having the front splitter installed... seems like that would save 1-2" of height.

back in with splitter. It is a GT 350 and you need ot adjust for driving

Sponsored

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
I measured the front spoiler of a Tech Pack that showed up at a local dealer and it was 5.5".
Same as my Roush and have learned that backing in is the best way to go.
I painted my Roush lower 2 times from chips, then had it Rhino Line coated, never needed to fix it again.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
What I would really like to know is if the R's are lower due to the tires being 1" shorter or if the the springs are different heights.
I know the R sits .4" lower overall than the non-r according to owner's posted measurements in a previous thread. The R front splitter also seems to sit lower to the ground.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I haven't had mine installed yet and I think I'll keep it that way for awhile.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I measured the front spoiler of a Tech Pack that showed up at a local dealer and it was 5.5".

Same as my Roush and have learned that backing in is the best way to go.

I painted my Roush lower 2 times from chips, then had it Rhino Line coated, never needed to fix it again.

The 5.5" you speak of, is that actual ground clearance at the front valence?

The curb gutter for my driveway is pretty steep, and with car arriving in a week or so, I need to figure out how to smooth the transition enough to clear the front valence. Definitely want to have this completed before I get the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX

The curb gutter for my driveway is pretty steep, and with car arriving in a week or so, I need to figure out how to smooth the transition enough to clear the front valence. Definitely want to have this completed before I get the car!

Better start getting used to pulling into driveways at a sharp angle.

There's a guy that works on base with me that has a bottomed out C6 Z06. Funny watching him go over the risers at the front gate.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Better start getting used to pulling into driveways at a steep angle.

Definitely! I'm pretty certain I'm going to have to buy, or fashion, some curb ramps as it is! Our driveway curbs are ridiculous! That's why I'd like to know the exact amount of clearance we have on these.

D.DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 TECH 1982 Corvette
You need to be careful going into driveways and beware of curbs. I have the same problem with my corvette & sometimes with the 2011 GT 5.0 that I sold. I haven't had any problems with the speed bump in my neighborhood.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, as my driveway is now, I'm pretty certain regardless of the approach angle, it's going to scrape. That's why I need to know the actual clearance of the valence to the ground. I'm sure somebody has measured this. If not, maybe someone that already has their car could get me a quick measurement. Please! [emoji16]

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794

The 5.5" is actual ground clearance.
Sponsored