GT350 Cover?

rmk350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Hey everybody. Curious how the cover does if car is not in a garage? Anyone have input on the cover that comes with the car? My car will be under a big, over sized carport and will cover it with this cover. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Definitely not an outdoor cover. Under a carport and it stays dry, I would think it could be OK.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I would not use it outdoors, invest in something designed for the elements. my 2cents

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When I had my 16 and then 17 I used the car cover that came with them on both and they were under my carport outside with no problems what so ever. You will get a little black on the bottom edge of the inside of cover where it rubs the tires but does no harm. Every time I drove the cars (for a year they were my only daily driver car) I'd roll the cover up and put it in the trunk when going to drive cars. It will take you awhile to get a system of putting it on and taking it off cause it will want to slide off onto the ground. And don't have concern about the stiffness you feel of the stripes area. Thats on the outside and I've never read where any ones cover left scratches on there car. I did make sure the car was as clean as could be before putting cover back on obviously if dirty and wind blowing under carport even though cover stayed snug I could see where you could get fine scratches. I always ran a California duster over car before putting cover on. Bottom line as long as there is cover over the top of car that factory cover will work just fine whether summer or cold winter. I might add my only bitch with this was especially in the fall or warmer days in winter my carport will sweat and drop drops of water and it would be all over the cover. I'd take an absorber and wipe as much as I could off the cover before removing it from the car.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I vote no outdoors. Even if it’s under something, the wind and flapping around is what’s gonna get the paint on this cover outdoors.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I vote no outdoors. Even if it’s under something, the wind and flapping around is what’s gonna get the paint on this cover outdoors.
No offense but didn't make a mark on either of mine and I had each a year. The factory one fits nice and snug and doesn't flap around at all. And not all of us have the option to keep indoors but still want to enjoy the GT 350 and protect it as much as possible.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
The factory cover is tight. I don’t think a lot of flapping will occur. It also has eyelets at the bottom for tying it down. If I were under the same circumstances I would use it short term and most likely purchase a cover more suitable for outdoor conditions.
Sponsored