Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
badges and bodywork are two different things IMO.
Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
You can do it but its the same thing as putting Cobra badges on a V6 or GT. Its looked down upon. Nothing wrong with modding your car but don't try and make it into something it isn't.

But see thats the thing. I'm not adding badges. I'm not scratching out my vin number. I'm adding cosmetic pieces to my care to make it look nice. If I understand your logic..... Theres a LOT of ppl that show be frowned upon...

*if you ever changed your 18" wheels to GT PP Wheels you upbadged sucker.

*if you ever removed your spoiler and added a GT spoiler you upbadged. Shit if you ever removed your spoiler at all, you got a spoiler delete only available on a pp vehicle/package and therefore upbadged. You are allowed to have every other spoiler in the world except the GT spoiler.

*don't even think about adding the brembo decal to your unmarked but proven to be brembo brakes. don't color them red either.....

*definately don't change your leather seats on the base model to the Katzakin Redline package. You might burn at the stake.

while your at it. if your car didn't come with it from the factory. Don't do it. Your probably pissing off some fanboy somewhere that wants to feel special. go play in traffic.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I just hope that spoiler and the front clip is available for purchase aftermarket.
It's your car. No one can tell you to do or not do something to it. If you want to dress it up like the GT 350 by all means do it. Just don't be one of those guys that throws stuff on their car and tries to pass it off as something it isn't. There's plenty of those out there already. Good luck to you on getting that spoiler. I don't even want to know what its going to cost haha. :cheers:

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
It's your car. No one can tell you to do or not do something to it. If you want to dress it up like the GT 350 by all means do it. Just don't be one of those guys that throws stuff on their car and tries to pass it off as something it isn't. There's plenty of those out there already. Good luck to you on getting that spoiler. I don't even want to know what its going to cost haha. :cheers:

This I completely understand. For as long as I have been in the car world the first thing I always do after buying a new car is join the largest forum out there that talks about it to learn.

If the GT350 was out when i bought my car and I had money for it I would have bought the 350. It wasn't. I didn't have an opportunity to see it in person and imagine what it would look like on my car. After seeing that front end and spoiler I feel in love and would love for my car to look like that.

"Posing" only matters to the people that know. If I went to another mustang owner and said.. hey man see my V6 Special edition with the GT350 pieces... that would be dumb. He would know (if he cared.) Now if I go to the average person and like hey checkout my V6 Special Edition GT350. They probably won't care or be happy to see a nice car. I just find it so hard to understand why a lot of ppl feel as if they have to denigrate other models/engine types. is it elitism? Imagine how many unique and amazing builds would surface here if asshats didn't belittle them.

I don't agree with replacing my 3.7 badge with a 5.0 badge and pose. If I'm doing nothing other than enhancing the appearance of my ride without denying my Pony's Lineage then I dont think there is an issue there.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
This I completely understand. For as long as I have been in the car world the first thing I always do after buying a new car is join the largest forum out there that talks about it to learn.

If the GT350 was out when i bought my car and I had money for it I would have bought the 350. It wasn't. I didn't have an opportunity to see it in person and imagine what it would look like on my car. After seeing that front end and spoiler I feel in love and would love for my car to look like that.

"Posing" only matters to the people that know. If I went to another mustang owner and said.. hey man see my V6 Special edition with the GT350 pieces... that would be dumb. He would know (if he cared.) Now if I go to the average person and like hey checkout my V6 Special Edition GT350. They probably won't care or be happy to see a nice car. I just find it so hard to understand why a lot of ppl feel as if they have to denigrate other models/engine types. is it elitism? Imagine how many unique and amazing builds would surface here if asshats didn't belittle them.

I don't agree with replacing my 3.7 badge with a 5.0 badge and pose. If I'm doing nothing other than enhancing the appearance of my ride without denying my Pony's Lineage then I dont think there is an issue there.
See I was that guy "Oh a V6 isn't a real Mustang" until I got one and loved it. After a while I just decided to upgrade to a V8 and so on. Like many members believe. If it's a Mustang you're part of the "family." Those that think the V6 and ecoboost aren't real Mustangs, well I mean it comes from Ford and is called a Mustang so there's no argument there. I don't get all the hate. It's a waste of time and energy. Enjoy your car and build and to hell with those that disagree. :headbang:

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
So much HATE for the V6 guys... give it a rest. Stop acting "Holier than Thou". Everyone should have the right to enjoy the passion we call Mustang.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
A properly set-up V6 will haul the mail. My Daily Pictured here on track at AMP. Yeah, its a V6 with real car parts on it. :doh:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
A properly set-up V6 will haul the mail. My Daily Pictured here on track at AMP. Yeah, its a V6 with real car parts on it. :doh:

Looks slow :)

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
It probably is worth noting that the new Ford GT has an ecoboost V6 that's turbo-charged. No shame in a 6 cylinder power plant.

Sponsored

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
It's just really nice to see people hating on the V6 and leaving the EB alone, YEAH!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
This is not some amateur applying stripes in his garage - it's a 3M Commercial Graphics shop. Getting those big stripes in perfect alignment without wrinkles or a speck of dust underneath is way beyond what I'm willing to try. However, I will offer free brain surgery to anyone who's brave enough to give it a shot, because those mistakes are easier to hide.

Leave it to the pros.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
This is not some amateur applying stripes in his garage - it's a 3M Commercial Graphics shop. Getting those big stripes in perfect alignment without wrinkles or a speck of dust underneath is way beyond what I'm willing to try. However, I will offer free brain surgery to anyone who's brave enough to give it a shot, because those mistakes are easier to hide.

Leave it to the pros.
Psh it only took like 7 mins how hard can it be? :headbonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.