Sponsored

GT350 1/4 mile

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Does anyone know the weight distribution on either of the Shelbys yet? I'm guessing it's probably slightly better than the GTPP, which is already slightly better than the Boss.
Sponsored

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I know very little on the subject, though I do own a 2013 Boss 302 and I'm one of the lucky ones that seems to have a pretty quick one. Doesn't the solid rear axle really help the Boss achieve strong 0-60 and quarter-mile times. Is there any chance that the Boss' setup is just a bit more ideal than the GT350 (for that particular function) and therefore might throw up pretty close times?

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I know very little on the subject, though I do own a 2013 Boss 302 and I'm one of the lucky ones that seems to have a pretty quick one. Doesn't the solid rear axle really help the Boss achieve strong 0-60 and quarter-mile times. Is there any chance that the Boss' setup is just a bit more ideal than the GT350 (for that particular function) and therefore might throw up pretty close times?

Actually, the stock three link setup on the S197s is about as prone to axle hop as a fairly soft IRS car. The GT350 has a stiffer IRS than the GT, so it should be somewhat similar in launch capability. Stickier tires also help alleviate axle hop.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I fully expect a 11.5-11.6 pass to be doable around 122-125 for decent drivers. "Hero runs",as people call them will probably be low 11s. Its gearing and rpms will help it shine like the boss. I predict the mags will do 11.7-11.8 on stock tires. They blow ass at drag racing.

Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
The Shelby forum says that the car has severe problems and the car magazines can't test them . Can you believe such crap over @ Shelby American :frusty:

Interesting...Maybe they are pissed off and hating the world...Did you read the very poor review the 2015 SuperSnake got in the magazines this month?..not sure which one I read last night at barnes and noble, but it was not good...zero to six very slow compared to the hellcat which weight a lot more and this car supposedly had 850 HP and the quarter mile was slower than the 2013 Boss LS..they said the brakes were hit and miss, the back was loose and not stable....for a car that is $45K plus a GT this is ridiculous
I would like to chime in on this discussion:

First off the reason for the delay is because Ford apparently have some issues going on with the hood and that is why shipment has been pushed back. Second, Shelby American is a separate entity from Ford Motor Company. Even though they do have a contract with Ford, make post title vehicles and had a bit of involvement with the GT350. Third, yes I know some have problems being that the GT is now the vehicle meant for the Super Snake package. I would like to know what magazine made such remarks about the car. Should the Super Snake be exclusive to the GT500? Of course! But it does not hurt. Finally, there is no need to go and bad mouth another Mustang community. Some of the M6G members on here come from TS and want to spread some appreciation of the car.:ford: TS has just as nice of a community as we do here. Just my $0.02.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Bet money that the 350 won't be putting up ETs and trap speeds to sneeze at. Just think rationally here. The Boss 302 was getting 12.3-12.5s @ 115-117 completely stock by magazine testers.

Now, we have a car that's similar in weight, has almost identical trans and rear gearing, has 750RPM more per gear, has better tires, 49 more torque with a broader torque curve, and 82 more horsepower. Do you still feel that it's only going to run a 12.3 in the same conditions as what the Boss did? It just doesn't add up.
And the wheels on the R are very light, which will knock off another .1-.2.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
With its first gear ratio and rear end ratio its been shown that first will actually shift just before 60.

Also no one remembers to mention the CF wheels on the R. That alone has a significant impact on acceleration as there is a lot lower moment of inertia and the wheels are easier for the car to turn.
Yep.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
0-100kph in 4 flat on what I think was a base GT350 in the Mexican review. Maybe 3.8-3.9 for the GT350/GT350TP in most magazines. Maybe the GT350/TP is a legitimate 12 flat car.

The R is probably a little better to 60mph (3.7) and maybe an 11.7-11.8 in a majority of test. Maybe a freak run in there...

Motor Trend is FORCED to do their own 1/4 mile testing now. They are back to the old school test track.

Ford supplied zero numbers :lol:

aethyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Can you imagine how much the WRX guys are going to talk when they see how badly the GT350 drives in the snow?

Oh, dear! The look on the Mercedes S-class guys' faces when they find out that our cars aren't as quiet and comfortable as theirs.

The Prius people are going to give us a hard time about the gas mileage.

All of these are almost equally valid arguments. This car wasn't built for the quarter mile. The ZL1 is faster than the Z28 in the quarter mile, but the Z28 is the Camaro owners' yardstick. Quarter mile is for the Hellcat, and Chevy and Ford aren't going that direction right now.
What a load of crock. Fast acceleration is PART of being a good track car. A formula 1 car isn't built for straights, but it sure as hell is fast in a straight line. An 800hp F1 car is a 7 second car. Find me a specialized drag car with 800hp that can hit that. Nobody.

Snow, gas mileage, quiet? LOL, GTFO with that BS. Those are NOT equally valid arguments. You do understand that acceleration and cornering is part of track racing, while snow, mud and gas mileage are not, right? You brought in completely unrelated characteristics of a car and claimed they were equal to related characteristics.

A 520hp track specialized car better have expected 1/4 times for a 520hp car given its weight. It can be a 1/10 off here or there, but it can't be a full 0.5 second slower than it should be. If you defend that, and you're just a blind fanboy willing accept substandard performance.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What a load of crock. Fast acceleration is PART of being a good track car.

A 520hp track specialized car better have expected 1/4 times for a 520hp car given its weight. It can be a 1/10 off here or there, but it can't be a full 0.5 second slower than it should be. If you defend that, and you're just a blind fanboy willing accept substandard performance.
I did not realize that 1/4 miles are the end all metric of acceleration (for track cars). There are tons of cars that can do 11s at the strip but still get pulled on in high speed parts of real tracks (ie awd turbo cars)

lol how many track days have you done? I have not been to a single day where you where start off stationary and proceed to row through 3 or 4 gears before you have to brake and turn. :crazy:

Hell there likely isnt a single time (besides exiting the pits) where you will be in any gear lower than 2nd.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
What a load of crock. Fast acceleration is PART of being a good track car. A formula 1 car isn't built for straights, but it sure as hell is fast in a straight line. An 800hp F1 car is a 7 second car. Find me a specialized drag car with 800hp that can hit that. Nobody.

Snow, gas mileage, quiet? LOL, GTFO with that BS. Those are NOT equally valid arguments. You do understand that acceleration and cornering is part of track racing, while snow, mud and gas mileage are not, right? You brought in completely unrelated characteristics of a car and claimed they were equal to related characteristics.

You obviously didn't read all of my other posts, showing that I was exaggerating quite a bit there. I was making a point that a standing start drag race isn't what this car is about. Of course the GT350 is going to be fast in a straight line. Do you think it's going to lose FROM A ROLL to the LT1 Camaro? The standing start is what it's not set up for so much.

I've also made plenty of points to validate why this car should be quicker than the Camaro in the quarter mile. One of them being that the Boss 302 was running the same quarter mile in late 2011 that the forthcoming Camaro is advertised to run. Read all of my posts if you're going to get all bent out of shape about what I say.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
come on bruh..we all know first one out of the pits wins!

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
For giggles, the Motor Trend test on the Z28 was 12.3@117. What a piece of garbage! Right?!

Who would rather have a new Camaro LT1 automatic over the Z28? Show of hands? I hope nobody says yes to that!
Sponsored