Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
Hi all,

I pick up my new car next week! Its at the dealers and on Monday it is having G Technique Crystal Serum and EXO put on it. I can't wait! Query though...I say it at dealership with the packaging on and these dates are written on the bonnet.....what could they be? what happens after 6 months? My dealer had no idea

Cheers for your thoughts

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
No idea, but hope they didn't press too hard when doing it ;)

Exciting tho eh? :D

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
No idea, but hope they didn't press too hard when doing it ;)

Exciting tho eh? :D
I'll second that comment.
My car is a week old and booked in for gtecniq serum light in early Oct, out of interest what made go for serum and exo on a new car? Is it purely the Seven years guarantee over the Five?
Also having wheel armour and leather treatment thrown in for same price.

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
She looks like this...all covered in Atlantic dirt and some gooey stuff which may be some under seal up the side!!! Detailer will have to do his stuff!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'll second that comment.
My car is a week old and booked in for gtecniq serum light in early Oct, out of interest what made go for serum and exo on a new car? Is it purely the Seven years guarantee over the Five?
Also having wheel armour and leather treatment thrown in for same price.

Likewise..leather, glass, carpets and wheels all being done. 'crystal serum black' was the top of the range and 'on offer' so I went with that. 2 bucket wash etc and all the protection for £350. might not be the cheapest but seemed ok and a few on hear have sung its praises

Cheers

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Snap ! :D

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Likewise..leather, glass, carpets and wheels all being done. 'crystal serum black' was the top of the range and 'on offer' so I went with that. 2 bucket wash etc and all the protection for £350. might not be the cheapest but seemed ok and a few on hear have sung its praises

Cheers
You got a good deal, mine is £389 without carpets and glass although I wouldn't have had glass done anyway and you've got a superior product. I thought I was getting a good deal as the guy isn't VAT registered and his prices are less than on gtecniq website. It should look amazing in a dark Colour like yours.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Cheers
Damn near the cheapest i've heard for Black! Good deal :thumbsup:

You got a good deal, mine is £389 without carpets and glass although I wouldn't have had glass done anyway and you've got a superior product. I thought I was getting a good deal as the guy isn't VAT registered and his prices are less than on gtecniq website. It should look amazing in a dark Colour like yours.
I got Serum Light with everything - glass, wheels, etc - but was a shade over £500. Highly recommend the glass treatment. Water just beads and runs off it. My reasons for CSL were price obviously and also that it doesn't need sanded off :eek:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Damn near the cheapest i've heard for Black! Good deal :thumbsup:

I got Serum Light with everything - glass, wheels, etc - but was a shade over £500. Highly recommend the glass treatment. Water just beads and runs off it. My reasons for CSL were price obviously and also that it doesn't need sanded off :eek:
I guess I should advertise their services then. I did a bit of a gaggle as it has gone up £30 since I first enquirer but he honoured the price. iValet is the company. David did a nice valet of our Touareg (a trial run for this!). Nice bloke.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Those dates are probably just related to transport. My ex's BMW arrived at the dealer with dates written on the white laminate and that's what her sales guy said. Could have been made up. There was no affect to the paint. Too blunt of a point to matter.

Roo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS
That's the latest date that the protective plastic should be removed by.

They can trap water in the paint which would need to be "drawn out" before then or it will mark the paint.

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
That's the latest date that the protective plastic should be removed by.

They can trap water in the paint which would need to be "drawn out" before then or it will mark the paint.
Thanks for that. Glad it's not going to affect mine...Stark's car must have got close as it stayed so long in Baltimore!!:frusty:

GTPea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT 3.2 DSG
Chuffed for you Belly, you won't sleep for the next week I'm sure!

Mine was at Southampton same time as yours, yet I can't get any info from my dealer about where my car is. I emailed them last Monday and left a voice message yesterday but still heard nothing. So frustrating when it's this close :frusty:
Sponsored