Sponsored

Grille intakes, is this how?

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Found this bit on YouTube. Is there anything in the Mach 1 supplement regarding this?

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I don't see how this would help much unless you are moving, and even then the grill lets in more than enough air.

Maybe if you could run some type of air duct back to the filter to funel it, it would have a bit more of a RAM AIR effect, but only likely at high speeds.

I wonder if there was an idea to add slim LED fogs there at some point.

Last edited:

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Found this bit on YouTube. Is there anything in the Mach 1 supplement regarding this?

thx for posting. can you please provide a wide pic showing the entire front end of the mach1 to see the end result. also, provide a separate pic of the two cover plates to show whether they are identical in size (the passenger side cover plate appears to have extra plastic extension), thx.

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
He found it on YouTube. And the two pieces look to be pretty different.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
In my opinion, don’t mess with them. If they provided any benefit Ford would have removed them at for their recent track event. And without them it’s going to look unfinished and cheap.

OP
OP

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
So what is the point of the Inlets exactl? Carl Widmann didn’t even make any regards towards them at The Mach 1 event.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So what is the point of the Inlets exactl? Carl Widmann didn’t even make any regards towards them at The Mach 1 event.
With the covers on they are an attempt at looking like the original Mach 1. I like that they are removable so the aftermarket can more easily come up with a fog light setup to install that doesn’t require cutting.