furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I think it looks awesome!!

One caveat.. It might not be legal in CA since you have the fog lights underneath too.
I actually never knew about all these laws
2017-12-08 14_59_22-Codes Display Text.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Shadow Black Redline Interior
Ive considered the center lights like the old mustang but I don't think it will go well on this model. I will stick with 5.5". Did you have to use the 50th anniversary grille because of the "fangs" on the other GT grilles? I was looking for one but they are anywhere from $300-600. I am wondering if I can just get an ecoboost grille and cut it out.

I am wanting to do this over the holiday week since I will have plenty of time.
Yes I used the 50th grill because it doesn't have the fangs. I got mine from ebay for $85 shipped. I looked into using an ecoboost grill but the depth of the surround piece wasn't enough. If I went that route I think the light bezels would stick out too much.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I only looked into the laws because I really like the look of the lights in the grille and wondered why there was no kit or anything since they were common on the S197.

Don't really get why you can't run an extra set of lights... The fog lights don't really do anything other than look cool. But if you can turn the old ones into brake cooling ducts you've got a win win really.

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
It looks fantastic!
I have a few questions
1. How did you wired those raxiom grille lights?
2. Does halo light work like regular daytime running light ?
3. Does stock fog lights still working?

Thank you so much!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
And here I thought the EU was the worlds leader in stupid laws. :doh:

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
And here I thought the EU was the worlds leader in stupid laws. :doh:
Not a chance when comparing to Cali :lol:

@OP, this looks great and it looks like you did an awesome job :hail:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I only looked into the laws because I really like the look of the lights in the grille and wondered why there was no kit or anything since they were common on the S197.

Don't really get why you can't run an extra set of lights... The fog lights don't really do anything other than look cool. But if you can turn the old ones into brake cooling ducts you've got a win win really.
If they are driving lights and come on with the "High Beams" they are fine. They are really too high for fog lights, and you already have those. AND, if they look stock, the CHP might not even look twice anyway.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I too have been trying to do something similar. I have mocked up my mounts and am trying to figure out the best way to wire the cheap aux lights I bought. The kit I got came with some very thin wire (with an inline fuse) and a switch, and says to run straight from the battery to the switch, then onto the lights (with appropriate grounds). The thing is that I would like to run the aux lights at the same time as my fog lights using a relay, but I dont want to do anything non-reversible so I would like to find some sort of pigtail connector to tap off the fog lights. Does anyone know if this is even possible or what the fog-light connect type is, as I am having trouble finding that. Also is there any sort of purpose made relay for this? Basically I don't want to worry about mounting the included fuse anywhere in the car, thus having to run through the firewall and likely drill into my interior. If anyone knows of a good remote type kit, that would also be nice. The main reason for the non permanent wireing desire is that if I like this long term I will probably upgrade to nicer lights as the ones I got were $13 a Ollies haha.

Heres a picture of my "prototype" of the lights. Yes positioning looks quite bad but this is done purely with zip ties. I have since put together some rudimentary brackets that are working well I think, I just don't have a picture of that yet.

FoglightPrototype_Upload.jpg

Yes the lights look blue but I think that is just because they are so cheap the manufacturer tinted the lenses a bit blue to give them that nice bluish-white light. I haven't powered them up yet to be sure but if they illuminate blue obviously I would be getting new lights before ever running these on the road.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
If I remember right, in California you cant have more than 4 forward facing lights. If you have more than that, they had to be covered. If you remember all the lifted trucks with light bars and the "KC" lights, they had covers. Also, the Ford Thunderbird Turbo coupes came with the 4 headlights, plus 2 fog lights, but they had covers for them from the factory.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
If I remember right, in California you cant have more than 4 forward facing lights. If you have more than that, they had to be covered. If you remember all the lifted trucks with light bars and the "KC" lights, they had covers. Also, the Ford Thunderbird Turbo coupes came with the 4 headlights, plus 2 fog lights, but they had covers for them from the factory.
Glad I'm not in Cali then haha. Have a different post of the finished product. Not as refined as others I've seen but I'm happy with the results. The lights aren't actually very bright and I hardly run them so I don't think they'd get me in any trouble.

Sponsored

Rluch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dude. That looks totally stock (in terms of fit and finish), fantastic job!
How did you do this. I have been looking to find someone who knows how. I had a 2008 with fog lights. Now I have a 2016 and want them on it

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I actually never knew about all these laws
2017-12-08 14_59_22-Codes Display Text.png
Oh, BS, you're a CHiPpie from Sacramento, home of the CHiPs. Just kidding.

There are some really stupid things in the CA vehicle code, two that apply here are the minimum height for fog lights of 12", and not being able to use them without your headlights on. Fog lights work best mounted as low as possible, and normally your headlights don't work for sh!t in fog, they just make glare.

If it were my Mustang, I'd make the lights in the grill "driving lights" that were switched with the high beams, and leave the fog lighting to the stock fogs mounted down low. Just sayin'
Sponsored