OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Shadow Black Redline Interior
Personally that was one of my favorite things about the original S197, and I think it looks good on the S550 as well. Everyone has their own opinion, but yours is the one that matters for your car. You really rocked it, very professional! You should be proud. :headbang::cheers:
Thanks so much!! I owned an s197 and loved the front end with the fog lights. Appreciate your comment!!!
Sponsored

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
the quality of the final product is awesome! I personally like the lights. I would PAY for that option. or if you're willing to start production.....

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Thanks so much!! I owned an s197 and loved the front end with the fog lights. Appreciate your comment!!!
This was mine, was a great car! Sold it to buy our house, which I love more, but the fogs in the grill brings me back...
IMG_9448 (Medium).JPG
IMG_9424 (Medium).JPG

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Gahhh I want to do this so badly! I like doing my own mods but I really wish a vendor would just sell a kit like this!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
This was mine, was a great car! Sold it to buy our house, which I love more, but the fogs in the grill brings me back...
Nice s197!! One of the best body styles IMO. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home from work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Gahhh I want to do this so badly! I like doing my own mods but I really wish a vendor would just sell a kit like this!
I know I waited so long to see if a vendor would do it but nothing so I decided to take a shot at it. It's a lot of work but definitely worth it.

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I know I waited so long to see if a vendor would do it but nothing so I decided to take a shot at it. It's a lot of work but definitely worth it.
I was on ebay earlier. Im thinking about getting 2 OEM take-off grilles, they are about $60 and just experimenting around. Im going to look around for some different fogs too, not real sure what I want yet. What diameter are yours?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I was on ebay earlier. Im thinking about getting 2 OEM take-off grilles, they are about $60 and just experimenting around. Im going to look around for some different fogs too, not real sure what I want yet. What diameter are yours?
Sounds good! Lemme know what you decide. Mine are 5.5" across. If you go bigger you'll have to move the lights more toward the center of the grill because it widens out.

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Sounds good! Lemme know what you decide. Mine are 5.5" across. If you go bigger you'll have to move the lights more toward the center of the grill because it widens out.

Ive considered the center lights like the old mustang but I don't think it will go well on this model. I will stick with 5.5". Did you have to use the 50th anniversary grille because of the "fangs" on the other GT grilles? I was looking for one but they are anywhere from $300-600. I am wondering if I can just get an ecoboost grille and cut it out.

I am wanting to do this over the holiday week since I will have plenty of time.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Any pictures/comments on how you mounted the housing? I have been looking online for ways to mount some similar lights behind my factory grill as i haven't had the time to tear apart my car to see for myself.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think it looks awesome!!

One caveat.. It might not be legal in CA since you have the fog lights underneath too.

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT

One caveat.. It might not be legal in CA since you have the fog lights underneath too.
How does that work with 2018 mustangs not having them down low?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!! I know I was thinking about that. I think my plan is to put the brake cooler ducts in the original fog light holes.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Any pictures/comments on how you mounted the housing? I have been looking online for ways to mount some similar lights behind my factory grill as i haven't had the time to tear apart my car to see for myself.
I actually mounted everything together using automotive goop. It's a very strong waterproof bonding adhesive that works really well and it keeps everything clean so you don't have any mounting hardware.