Got some magic happening...need some luck

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
running into issues due to a tire shortage. Dealer is saying they cant get any and the car will go to auction. Didn't think tires would be a big deal.

Are there any alternate sizes you guys use?
Just have them put it on a "we owe" sheet. Get the tires when they are available.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Don't think they want to deal with it...And the backup car I had sold last night. There is one more that I'm looking at with Vroom...but I'm not sure about that company. Anyone have any experience with them?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Then just have them deduct a fair and agreed upon number off the sale price?

This isn't complicated.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
running into issues due to a tire shortage. Dealer is saying they cant get any and the car will go to auction. Didn't think tires would be a big deal.

Are there any alternate sizes you guys use?
car will go to auction because there's a tire shortage? šŸ˜‚ Weird shit.
Maybe they just don't wanna sell it to you anymore.

And to answer your question about Vroom, they're pretty legit. My co worker bought a Infiniti from them 2 years ago.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Maybe they found something wrong with the car and donā€™t want to deal with it so theyā€™re sending it off to an auction. Thatā€™s usually what they do with older trade ins they get in that arenā€™t worth their time to sell.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I know some states have laws regarding tread depth for tires sold by dealers. There are fines and their insurance may state they have to be in compliance or risk coverage in case of an accident by a buyer. It may be more involved than it appears, unfortunately.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So test drove a 2020 today. I liked it, but not as much power as i had hoped. My wife wasn't happy about the interior...I get they did things for weight savings, but it felt a bit cheap. For example, on the rear headliner, it was frayed on the top edge next to the rear window. So while the engine and trans were awesome, just feel like I'm paying for the Shelby name. S66k with 5k miles. Anyway, not bashing the car... it's a purpose built track monster, just not what I was looking for.

If anyone is looking for one on the south side of ATL, check it out!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...iewInventoryListing.action?#listing=312848426

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
So test drove a 2020 today. I liked it, but not as much power as i had hoped. My wife wasn't happy about the interior...I get they did things for weight savings, but it felt a bit cheap. For example, on the rear headliner, it was frayed on the top edge next to the rear window. So while the engine and trans were awesome, just feel like I'm paying for the Shelby name. S66k with 5k miles. Anyway, not bashing the car... it's a purpose built track monster, just not what I was looking for.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...iewInventoryListing.action?#listing=312848426
I think thatā€™s how all headliners come on mustangs. You gotta remember itā€™s just a mustang and it will share parts with the cheapest mustang. And yes that engine takes some getting up into the higher rpms to really shine so it might not be for everyone.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Just want to make sure Iā€™m clear on this. You were after a 19 350, didnā€™t work out. Drove a 20, and some how it didnā€™t stack up. Donā€™t think a Gt350 is for you, your looking for justification in changing your mind. And your absolutely knocking the car, just happens to be for things its not known for, and thatā€™s your right. As for your wife and the interior, may I suggest a Camry TRD, might suit you guys better.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Some dealers are not allowed (be it internal, city or state regulations) to sell a car with tread depth under a certain level.

it doesnt matter who you are, or who you THINK you areā€¦they will auction it if they canā€™t turn it, and tires can ABSOLUTELY be a stopping point.

So test drove a 2020 today. I liked it, but not as much power as i had hoped.
1632190364982.png

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Just want to make sure Iā€™m clear on this. You were after a 19 350, didnā€™t work out. Drove a 20, and some how it didnā€™t stack up. Donā€™t think a Gt350 is for you, your looking for justification in changing your mind. And your absolutely knocking the car, just happens to be for things its not known for, and thatā€™s your right. As for your wife and the interior, may I suggest a Camry TRD, might suit you guys better.
I actually had a few 19s that I was considering. One abruptly fell through due to the dealer not able to find tires, so it will go to auction. The other one was a Vroom deal...which we were apprehensive about as we've never dealt with a service like that. The last one is at a dealer in another state. We took advantage of a local GT350 that just happened to become available. I was looking at a black 19 about 300mi away. The thing that grabbed me is the price of the 20 was close to the 19...but the problem is that it's red. Really wanted a black or gray. So it was only a test drive. Prior to this, only drove a couple 19 Roush S3s and a ZL1 (which is completely out due to limited interior room.

Don't need justification at all, just being honest. Really, just not sure at this point what I'm gaining from trading my SCAT pack for a GT350. I'll never track the car, and that's where it shines. Honestly the trade offer of my car is super high and I wanted to take advantage...but that high trade price also applies to the prices on these cars. I'd hate to pull the trigger and it drops 15k in a year, then I'm stuck with it. I've noticed that these cars go through owners. The 2020 I looked at had 2 prior owners and it only had 5k miles. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a trend in these cars.

As for my wife...she just got used to the Charger's interior, which is simply nicer and modern. She gets the GT350 is all about the engine/trans...but just felt the interior was cheap for a 70k car. I guess what changed is I don't have the answers to defend the car after seeing the headliner and hearing the various rattles on the test drive. Also, the power is way up in the RPM range compared to the S3 which just put you back in your seat.

This forum is great and I get being defensive...but just know that the GT350 is an awesome car, just not the car for me.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I actually had a few 19s that I was considering. One abruptly fell through due to the dealer not able to find tires, so it will go to auction. The other one was a Vroom deal...which we were apprehensive about as we've never dealt with a service like that. The last one is at a dealer in another state. We took advantage of a local GT350 that just happened to become available. I was looking at a black 19 about 300mi away. The thing that grabbed me is the price of the 20 was close to the 19...but the problem is that it's red. Really wanted a black or gray. So it was only a test drive. Prior to this, only drove a couple 19 Roush S3s and a ZL1 (which is completely out due to limited interior room.

Don't need justification at all, just being honest. Really, just not sure at this point what I'm gaining from trading my SCAT pack for a GT350. I'll never track the car, and that's where it shines. Honestly the trade offer of my car is super high and I wanted to take advantage...but that high trade price also applies to the prices on these cars. I'd hate to pull the trigger and it drops 15k in a year, then I'm stuck with it. I've noticed that these cars go through owners. The 2020 I looked at had 2 prior owners and it only had 5k miles. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a trend in these cars.

As for my wife...she just got used to the Charger's interior, which is simply nicer and modern. She gets the GT350 is all about the engine/trans...but just felt the interior was cheap for a 70k car. I guess what changed is I don't have the answers to defend the car after seeing the headliner and hearing the various rattles on the test drive. Also, the power is way up in the RPM range compared to the S3 which just put you back in your seat.

This forum is great and I get being defensive...but just know that the GT350 is an awesome car, just not the car for me.
Just keep your dodge or like someone said buy a Camry with a nice interior. This was such a useless thread. Good thing you didn't buy a gt350 you're not fit for it. Bye āœŒšŸ¼

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door

If you are not going to track the car, I would pass as well based on your statements. The 350 is not the street light to street light car that Dodge builds. However, put it on a track and it comes alive. The whole reason Ford built it as you noted. Good luck.
Sponsored