aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
When did you order your Mustang Rob?
I put down a deposit in December and was told today that ETA will be June 2016!!!
Hi YellowGT. I registered an interest on day 2 that the mustang was announced for Australia. I had to initiate contact with a dealer, and eventually paid a deposit on 3/9/14.:)

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT manual (Oz-delivered)
Have just been advised (only after calling the dealer myself) that what started as a possible Oct delivery, followed by a "definitely before the end of the year" delivery, pushed back to February 2016 when I received my papers from the dealer is now an April 2016 delivery!

At least I'm now entitled to a refund of my deposit. Might just take it.

Apparently my dealer is getting 1 car in Dec, none in Jan and 8 in Feb. S-L-O-W.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Have just been advised (only after calling the dealer myself) that what started as a possible Oct delivery, followed by a "definitely before the end of the year" delivery, pushed back to February 2016 when I received my papers from the dealer is now an April 2016 delivery!

At least I'm now entitled to a refund of my deposit. Might just take it.

Apparently my dealer is getting 1 car in Dec, none in Jan and 8 in Feb. S-L-O-W.
That sounds exactly the same as my dealer. Are you based in Melbourne?

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
One possible explanation for the delayed delivery is what is known as Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP), used often in the manufacture of new aircraft types, particularly military aircraft. It allows a reasonable number to be out there being used by their new owners and essentially being tested. If a problem becomes evident there's not too many to be recalled and fixed. Production rates then ramp up later on. Recent large scale recalls may have swayed Ford to take this approach with the RHD variants.

Given that there are a handful of cars that seem to be being delivered on time, and the rest are strung out, this would seem to fit the pattern.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

If this turns out to be what the factory "over the top" stripes look like, I'm hugely regretting my decision to opt in.

The latest information from another thread in the UK section is that they'll be painted on. I'd cancel the option post haste if it didn't mean going to the bottom of the list.

If this abomination does turn out to be reality, I guess they could be covered up with full length decal options from a local supplier.

:doh:

Last edited:

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ordered Nov 2014 - I've got update from dealer mine is expected June 2016. I've asked him about ford ranger details but basically looks like no first gen mustang for me.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Ordered Nov 2014 - I've got update from dealer mine is expected June 2016. I've asked him about ford ranger details but basically looks like no first gen mustang for me.
That sucks! I don't think you are alone. A lot of other aus mustang forum buzz is people cancelling.

Have a read of falconforums.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee

If this turns out to be what the factory "over the top" stripes look like, I'm hugely regretting my decision to opt in.

The latest information from another thread in the UK section is that they'll be painted on. I'd cancel the option post haste if it didn't mean going to the bottom of the list.

If this abomination does turn out to be reality, I guess they could be covered up with full length decal options from a local supplier.

Think they will look good in black on my triple yellow, although not sure about the fading off at the end

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got sent a screenshot of the order list. People will start getting some from Feb 2016. List goes from Feb to Aug 2016. Obviously its only a selection of like 30 orders but looks like its all throughout next year.

I'm not waiting until June so I'm off to buy something else.

Sponsored

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered

In my "delivery update email last week" my dealer seemed to indicate info on wheels and stripes not forthcoming from ford.Seemed to indicate to me that wheels and stripes have not been ordered yet.I think you have still got time to think about stripes.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Just got advised delivery in Aug / Sept 2016. Great!!!

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
I got sent a screenshot of the order list. People will start getting some from Feb 2016. List goes from Feb to Aug 2016. Obviously its only a selection of like 30 orders but looks like its all throughout next year.

I'm not waiting until June so I'm off to buy something else.
If I were you I would stay in queue as long as possible.There is not too much out there that stacks up,especially when you consider the COYOTE V8. As soon as they hit the streets you are going to want back in.There goes another 12 months.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
On the bright side of all this waiting is that the resale value should be excellent. Usually a ford drops half it's value as you drive your new car out of the dealership. Thats because they over produce and have discounts on them constantly....no-one buys one at full retail.
The mustang will be so hard to get that an early delivered car may fetch a few grand above retail for six months or so until they become more available.
Sponsored