Sponsored

good to see so many preorders

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
has anyone heard what is happening with their contract prices seeing where the dollar is today. I imaging that many would have ordered when we had parity eg 30% variance. I am interested to know if/how Ford Aus are honouring the deals?
cheers
I would imagine with the sort of $ involved Ford Aus would have taken some form of forex hedge, but if they did it would(I guess) only have covered their initial estimate of order volume......
Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
pretty sure unless there is a clause of economic change on the back of the contract, then a signed contract is a signed contract and they cant retract the price or any of the terms on it, they can ask you to sign a new contract but so can you, you can write fair terms like if its not delivered by the due date then they will discount the price or something crazy like that, so long as they sign it and its "fair" then its legally binding.

so in summary, contracted price is what you will pay. if you sign a contract now then they do have every right to increase the price due to the exchange rate.
In the back of contracts in WA it typically states:
"If the manufacturer increases the cost of a new vehicle to the Dealer, the Dealer is only entitled to pass on to the Purchaser, an increase of up to and including 5%, of the Total Factory Price of the Vehicle"

Hopefully existing contracts won't be affected.

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
I would personally cancel the contract if the increase occurs. Anyone else?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I would imagine with the sort of $ involved Ford Aus would have taken some form of forex hedge, but if they did it would(I guess) only have covered their initial estimate of order volume......
This is exactly correct, people always think that businesses work off the spot exchange rate, which is incorrect. :frusty:

Most global companies alike Ford would have hedged a long time ago.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
They import from all over the world, just like other brands....currency fluctuation is normal for them...they win some and they lose some.......personally I would pay more just to get the car here now....I am totally sick of waiting and constantly making up excuses to friends about why it is taking so long....I tell them now that Ford just plain don't care, once you pay a deposit....

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I was finally able to see the LHD Yellow Fastback GT last night at my dealer, such a beautiful car. So many people had no idea that the Australian version is different to the US version (other than the steering wheel). This resulted in the dealer principal apologising to all buyers for a lack of communication.

I'll start with a list of cons
- Head space in the back I'm 6 foot 2 and I really couldn't comfortably sit in the back seat
- The steering wheel, it already felt loose, however this could be due to 100s of people getting in and out and squeezing the steering wheel (either way I am glad I will change to the GT350 wheel).
- Exhaust note for me was far too quiet (which again reinforced my mod choices)
- The front DRL's, I know we have all spoken about this but they just look so good on the US version

Pros (really everything else about the car)
- The lines of this beautiful beast, it really is a stunning car
- Front seats, were very comfortable and also not too tight which is important for someone who is a bit taller.

Last edited:

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Well I guess you could have had rear headroom at the expense of that gorgeous fastback styling.

You can't have both, otherwise they would have done it.

It's a 2 seater coupe, with the rear seats reserved for short trips or legless supermodels, you shouldn't be comfortable in the back.

I've had people in the rear of the 86, I don't do it often, this feature really shouldn't matter for this type of car, but keeps getting mentioned.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Well I guess you could have had rear headroom at the expense of that gorgeous fastback styling.

You can't have both, otherwise they would have done it.

It's a 2 seater coupe, with the rear seats reserved for short trips or legless supermodels, you shouldn't be comfortable in the back.

I've had people in the rear of the 86, I don't do it often, this feature really shouldn't matter for this type of car, but keeps getting mentioned.
I won't be in the backseat anyway so it won't worry me, but for people with families it might be a little difficult. I love the sloping roof and lines of it though, looks stunning.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I won't be in the backseat anyway so it won't worry me, but for people with families it might be a little difficult. I love the sloping roof and lines of it though, looks stunning.
That's what I'm saying - it's not supposed to be a family car, and if their kids are more then 6 foot tall then they should have their own Mustangs anyway haha

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
I think the reason this is a big issue is because of the death of the XR8, a lot of my mates say crap like "you could have had an XR8 by now" or "the XR8 is faster because it has more power".

i hate my friends.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
haha yeh I get that too, but in the end they're two different cars with different purposes.

I don't know many people who would line up for the next Audi R8 coupe, only to be swayed in the end by the RS6 Avant because of the R8's waiting list or whatever.

I think people want too many things out of one car, and this is why we end up with monstrosities like the BMW X6.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
City ford?? It must have come from my dealer first. I did notice the paint finish around edges is not great and panel fit was bad. But it's a first build I expect

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
It's a budget performance car. Can't really expect top quality build AND performance. Unless spending over $100K

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
City ford?? It must have come from my dealer first. I did notice the paint finish around edges is not great and panel fit was bad. But it's a first build I expect
Yeh City Ford, a decent turn out last night. Shame the specs they read out about the car were incorrect.

Still happy to have finally seen it!
Sponsored