GM is pulling back on EVs

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Absolutely. He has joined the ranks of my ignore list. He’s in rare company of misfits. Adios mofo
Most of the people I have ignored have ended up banned - quite a desperate bunch. They are probably trolling another forum now, maybe the Nissan Micra owners club or even the dodgy van owners club?
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
No what I said was that I don’t trust any government saying that “We are doing this for the greater good.” Using events in Europe were just a factual depiction of such evens and how they came about and the excuse used to get there. Again if you have a different version of events you can post them or pm me what those are.
Hello; Me thinks you hit them in a soft spot. They try to brush it off with a couple pages of bluster.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Hello; Me thinks you hit them in a soft spot. They try to brush it off with a couple pages of bluster.
Then they block you and feel they accomplished something . But what’s better is they keep posting. On a thread they block just about everyone on. Like a big ole echo chamber. 😂

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Then they block you and feel they accomplished something . But what’s better is they keep posting. On a thread they block just about everyone on. Like a big ole echo chamber. 😂
Hello; Yes this putting us on ignore does not make much sense to begin with. After he blocked me Gregs seems to try to react to my posts occasionally I guess because of another's reaction.

I guess it is supposed to be some sort of punishment that they withhold their attention from selected individuals. I tend to think of it as those of us who become blocked have bested them in some way.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
One of he comments to the article:

“First they came for the Skittles, then the M&M's, then they took the Klondike bars.”😂
Hello; Those who currently favor mandates/force do not seem to realize the same tactics will be used on them at some point. I often think of a guy in a store being ransacked a couple of years ago during one of the "mostly peaceful" riots. The guy was pleading with the rioters saying "But we are on your side!" He seemed to think because he had a sign on the window the looters and all would passover his place.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Those who currently favor mandates/force do not seem to realize the same tactics will be used on them at some point. I often think of a guy in a store being ransacked a couple of years ago during one of the "mostly peaceful" riots. The guy was pleading with the rioters saying "But we are on your side!" He seemed to think because he had a sign on the window the looters and all would passover his place.
Hello; There is a risk with representative democracies. That being the people will want a say so about things that affect their lives and their families lives. We do not wish to put into power those who simply wish to control us. Our representatives need to represent us and not dictate to us.

Two things happened during the most recent Covid episodes. Some in positions of power got a taste for unfettered control and liked it. Others of us got a belly full of that control and do not want any more of it.
Had the "bosses" been reasonable in their exercise of power things likely would not be so ugly now. But so many were far from reasonable as we all experienced.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Yes , someone let me know when farmers can go buy heavy duty hydrogen powered equipment.
Also of concern is the heavy debt load many farmers have on equipment currently in use. Tends to be an ongoing debt load. In a sane approach the existing equipment ought to be used until worn out. I guess perhaps the dreamers expect farmers to run out and add even more debt by buying new BEV or Hydrogen equipment. Maybe even abandon fossil fuel equipment which is still good and move earliest to BEV and/or H equipment.
Since neither BEV nor H equipment is available those needing replacement equipment in the coming years will have to buy gasoline or diesel stuff. Some likely needing to buy close to 2030 or the 2035 mandate deadlines.
I wonder what it to be done with a diesel tractor or combine purchased in say 2034. Equipment with perhaps ten to fifteen more years of useful working life left in it?

A thing so far ignored is the cost to the environment for the manufacture of new equipment. Example, I drive a 2001 car and a 2004 pickup. I keep both in good running order. I could go out tomorrow and buy BEV replacements. Leaving aside the very high purchase price and severe limitations of BEV's, what about the environmental cost of new manufacture? New BEV's have metals, plastics, fabrics, wiring, glass which must be made from raw materials, Say 3000 pounds for a small car like mine and 4500 to 5000 pounds for a pickup. ( the BEV's will weight much more) All that new metal, glass and other stuff must be turned into new bits and pieces from raw stock. Some will use lots of energy while being made such as glass and metal. All will have to be transported several times before a new replacement BEV car & truck gets to me.
My take is by keeping my car running for 22 years and my truck running for 19 years I have avoided a need for smelting metal, melting new glass and using all the energy needed to make new vehicles. At least for nearly two decades.

So, by keeping my car and truck in use for a long time the extra pollution/emissions inherent in making new vehicles is avoided. Not perfect examples as i get few people keep vehicles for so long. But some farmers stretch out the life of equipment.

A logical way to replace old vehicles & equipment would be to allow it to happen more traditionally. When a new car, truck or tractor is needed, then let folks get something new. Now my point of view is that new stuff ought to be better than the old stuff being replaced and this is where i part ways with the coming mandates as i understand them.

To the point. The dreamers seem to envision a general and massive toss out of existing energy infrastructure and replacing it with all new and shinny "green" infrastructure. My take is there is a lot of existing atmospheric carbon from the making of that old infrastructure. Carbon that will only be added to by the making of new replacements on an artificial timeline.
Nobody is suggesting that farmers ought to make their existing equipment redundant overnight, or that people should toss their perfectly functional cars into the landfill.

In fact, I’ve made it abundantly clear that I plan to continue owning an ICE (maybe even two) until such time that they aren’t financially viable.

How do you come up with this stuff?
I think it’s entirely likely that we’re going to continue to see ICE powered vehicles and equipment in use WELL past 2035. Yes, the mix will change over time, presumably because the equipment is either worn out or no longer offers a financially competitive advantage.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those who currently favor mandates/force do not seem to realize the same tactics will be used on them at some point.
Um….the “tactic” IS being used on us right now and for all of our lives. Do you think that we aren’t subject to the same rules?
Do you not see how this looks like you feel as though you’re a victim?

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the ‘ole “ Ill be here all week” ha!
You know what you wrote, so don’t be a fool now. You were comparing the impositions of our government with the rise of naziism in Germany. Not getting any more of that discussion out of me. You’re a dweeb.
Finally, Godwin’s Law made an appearance. 😂
(It really was only a matter of time).

For those who don’t know:

“Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1] is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.[2]

Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[1]Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroupdiscussions.[3] He stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.[1] Later it was applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[4][5] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.”

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Yes this putting us on ignore does not make much sense to begin with. After he blocked me Gregs seems to try to react to my posts occasionally I guess because of another's reaction.

I guess it is supposed to be some sort of punishment that they withhold their attention from selected individuals. I tend to think of it as those of us who become blocked have bested them in some way.
Ever been on public transport when there’s a crying baby on board? Ever wished you could just get off the bus? I’d suggest that the mute button is like that, but for crying adults.

Everyone has a limit to their endurance, it’s just that some people are harder to endure than others.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Finally, Godwin’s Law made an appearance. 😂
(It really was only a matter of time).

For those who don’t know:

“Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1] is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.[2]

Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[1]Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroupdiscussions.[3] He stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.[1] Later it was applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[4][5] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.”
Yep, and the mods weren’t having any of it. Dude should just be banned. Another narcissist chock full of “ I’m right you’re wrong”