Sponsored

Glass Cleaner/Polish Recommendations?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Love this. I've got a similar cabinet and 99% of people just don't understand why anyone would have something like it.

Unfair question and potential hi-jack:
Out of all the products in here, what is your favorite one and why?

I recently got on the GSF train and now I use it on everything - from cars to patio furniture and windows.
Very few understand the kick I get out of buying and trying different detailing products. I mean, no one really needs 9 different tire dressings or 12 soaps do they? The other half of the fun is decided which to use each time I detail.

Choosing a favorite is near impossible, choosing favorites in each category would be easier, probably a thread for another day.

Not pictured, I would say P&S Bead Maker and Paint Gloss get heavy use, as does Koch Chemie GSF and NV Onyx Tire Dressing. Paint Gloss is just so easy to work with and the gloss from Bead Maker is addictive. GSF is brilliant for it's scent and slickness and Onyx is just the right level of sheen for my tastes, smells divine too.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'll put in a plug for Adam's Detail Spray which gets used a lot around here. I stick with mostly CarPro products on the Shelby but the other two vehicles, that don't rate the real high dollar chidt, :-) always get Adam's. Good stuff, easy to use, superb gloss.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Choosing a favorite is near impossible, choosing favorites in each category would be easier, probably a thread for another day.
You should make that thread at some point.

BTW I ordered a bottle of Onyx to try out

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I use Plexus Spray.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You should make that thread at some point.

BTW I ordered a bottle of Onyx to try out
Be careful what you wish for! :crackup:

I would love to hear your thoughts on NV Onyx. I actually just HAD to get it out to for todays detailing session -

IMG-2990.jpg

For the record, I am not in any way connected to detailing manufacturers or suppliers. My recommendations come from a lot of trial and error over a number of years...............and far far far too much money spent! :facepalm:

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
0000 steel wool dry for the outside of the glass

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@DFB5.0 what DO you use on your windows? My side and rear windows always look great, but first thing in the morning the front window shows streaks and it drives me nuts. After about 0800 when the sun is fully up the streaks don't show but that first dawn light always shows 'em.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 what DO you use on your windows? My side and rear windows always look great, but first thing in the morning the front window shows streaks and it drives me nuts. After about 0800 when the sun is fully up the streaks don't show but that first dawn light always shows 'em.
This is more than likely a stubborn build up of film on the interior of the windscreen. A couple of things to look at -

-For glass like this, clean using the two towel method, then do it AGAIN with two fresh towels. This ensures you don't re-introduce the film back onto the glass on the second cleaning.

-For a cleaner, I find it hard to go past Stoners Invisible Glass, it's cheap and works well.

It may also be worth getting a bottle of Angelwax Vision. This is a stronger glass cleaner, it contains ammonia so please use with care by applying to the towel and not the glass itself. And try not to breath it in, this is potent stuff that will just about knock you out. In this case, I would clean the glass with Vision, then do the follow up clean with Invisible Glass.

Angelwax Vision | Glass Cleaner | Spray | Obsessed Garage Store

IMG_0133.jpg

-Try to use waffle weave towels for glass cleaning. Because you will be cleaning the glass twice, have at least four of these on hand. I like these in 16x24 size, they can double as a drying towel also -

Dry Me A River | The Rag Company
Waffle Weave Glass Cleaning Towel | Obsessed Garage

IMG_9099.jpg

If that doesn't yield a result, I would be polishing the outside of the screen using a heavier cutting compound or Carpro CeriGlass.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
-For glass like this, clean using the two towel method, then do it AGAIN with two fresh towels. This ensures you don't re-introduce the film back onto the glass on the second cleaning.

-For a cleaner, I find it hard to go past Stoners Invisible Glass, it's cheap and works well.

Dry Me A River | The Rag Company
Waffle Weave Glass Cleaning Towel | Obsessed Garage
Thank you sir!!!

Yeah, I was just using Windex and paper towels on the front window. I know, how barbaric. I'll grab a bottle of the first stuff and see how it rolls and then step up as required.

I have the Rag Company exterior soft fleece or whatever for drying the exterior. I'll snag a set of these for the inside glass!

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
Meguiars Perfect Clarity Glass cleaner. That is all I use. Use a good glass towel from Griots/meguiars/etc. we the glass towel, spray the window, and wipe. Immediately use a plain white t shirt and remove any excess.

if MPGC isn’t around, Stoners IG is my 2nd.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
2022-06-22_08h29_34.png

You people!!!!! At this rate, my cupboards will look like @DFB5.0 's

I don't mind the smaller ones as I already have The Rag Company towels for my drying and this will force me to keep Glass for Glass and Drying for Drying.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
lol i used a clay-bar/Windex other day... worked well...
Sponsored