Sponsored

Rain-X 2-in1 glass cleaner and repellent

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
So my folks just happened to have this stuff around and I was using it on my glass. It left such horrible streaks and spots, which I buffed out with a microfiber and tons of elbow grease. Is this stuff crap or is the repellent really tough? I know lots of you guys use fancy stuff but this brand should be fairly respectable, no?
image.jpg
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I've never liked the 'normal' rain x, it's ok initially, repels brilliantly but as soon as you need to use the wipers, it's just a pain.

I never use it now.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
I've used it for years & love it. just put it on this afternoon. one thing I do if I'm getting those streaks (i know what your talking about) I use a VERY lightly damp microfiber cloth & rub them out. rain-x still there & streak free.

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I've used it for years & love it. just put it on this afternoon. one thing I do if I'm getting those streaks (i know what your talking about) I use a VERY lightly damp microfiber cloth & rub them out. rain-x still there & streak free.
X2 on the damp microfiber to remove the streaks, the cleaner/ repellent in one doesn't last as long as the original rain-x. I also find the longer you let it dry on the windshield the longer it seems to last. I apply maybe every couple months and it beads water the entire time. Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate pic on my iPad, this is over a month old it was still beading very nicely on the way home from work yesterday.
image.jpg

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Ok thanks fellas!

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Least recommended glass cleaner I have used. May have to do with the fact in PHX we get very little rain. But I have found that if you wax regularly, that'll take care of the rain nicely.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Haven t done this on my mustang yet but tried it on my truck. I had Rain-x windshield washer fluid and used an old cloth and wiped it on the windshield. No streaks, worked well but doesn't last forever.
Sponsored