Getrag MT82-D4 beginning issues?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@prufrock28 is the dealer diagnosing this based on sound and driving the car or did they pull the tranny, open and inspect the internals?
Sponsored

OP
OP
prufrock28

prufrock28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
UPDATE: The local Ford dealer replaced the transmission (thankfully not at my expense) in an effort to solve what they thought was a synchro problem. It did not fix the problem. Presuming the replacement transmission is in order, that leaves the clutch and shifter. I thought about punting and getting a Tremec equipped Mustang, but decided to try and make the Bullitt work.

I have lots of good info on fixes, but need somebody local to do the work. Does anyone out there have experience with a good shop anywhere near Charleston, SC?

Thanks!

-Doug

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you have someone instsll a clutch, I recommend installing a brand new slave cylinder .

The only other thing I can think of for you to try is to completely flush and gravity bleed the brake system. You will need to buy a large 32oz container of Dot 4 brake fluid and a bottle with a long clear silicone hose.

Start at the right rear caliper, then move to the left rear caliper, followed by the right front caliper and then finally, the left front caliper.

Note: Make sure you use a hose long enough to allow you to elevate the bleed bottle higher than each caliper. All you will have to do is open each bleeder (one at a time) and let the fluid drain into the bleed bottle. Keep topping off the brake fluid reservoir and never let it run dry. You will monitor the bleeder hose for two things (no air bubbles and clear fluid) before moving to the next, in the order previously mentioned. Once you’ve done all four calipers, you will pump the clutch pedal about 2000 times. You will probably need to push and pull the pedal by hand until it starts building pressure and then you can sit in the driver’s seat and use your left leg/foot to pump it the rest of those 2000 pumps.