Sponsored

Getrag MT82 (Bullitt) vs Tremec-6060 (GT-350/GT-500) question?

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
i think I’ll get a ne shifter?? What did you buy??? Thanx Pal! Ric
I put a MGW shifter and the Steeda clutch spring in. It’s great for me. If was a little pricey but feels very precise and shortened the throw considerably. I also haven’t missed the 5th to 6th shift once. I occasionally would hit 4th instead of sixth with the stock shifter.
Sponsored

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I put a MGW shifter and the Steeda clutch spring in. It’s great for me. If was a little pricey but feels very precise and shortened the throw considerably. I also haven’t missed the 5th to 6th shift once. I occasionally would hit 4th instead of sixth with the stock shifter.
I agree with you OvalBlue26 the MGW shifter was the best thing I've done!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
MGW is what I'd get if I wanted to replace the whole unit but I got a great deal on the solid tranny mount and Steeda shifter bushings. So I'm probably going to stay stock, just add those to improve the stock feel some.
Ive yet to miss a shift that wasn't just my own fault, if anything my biggest issues is it being a LITTLE notchy sometimes but not any worse than my 2003 Mach1 was with a MGW.

Marksman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I went all Steeda. First the spring. Later the SS braided clutch line and I think that really made a big improvement in the clutch feel. I’ve had the Steeda short throw Tri-Ax Race Shifter for about 2 months and absolutely love it. Loved it at first but it’s getting broken in and is totally fantastic. Makes this car such a joy to drive.

Sponsored

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Mine is stock, but if I changed it would be an MGW. I had one in my previous 2012 GT/CS convertible. It worked great.

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Mine is stock, but if I changed it would be an MGW. I had one in my previous 2012 GT/CS convertible. It worked great.
Smart that's what I put in my Bullitt MGW!

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
What do you think of: Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter Hybrid 3 With Reverse Lockout Collar GT 2015-2021?

Anybody know about this short shifter? Looks like it has two mounting options: 1. Transmission or 2. Frame.

https://www.bartonindustries.com/2015-Mustang.html
Sponsored