Sponsored

General wisdom: How costly and doable is changing just the steering response or anything else independently? Likely new owner.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Looks like the OP disappeared. Hopefully he's enjoying the car and isn't disappointed you cant change the steering outside of Normal mode.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
About 5-6 hours ago I bought the fully loaded eruption green Mustang Mach 1, With the handling package, adaptive suspension, 10 speed, aero and all the rest!
Only had 588 miles!
I spent a lot of time researching cars that I could change the plugs and oil on myself. Then I ended up buying a bunch of maintenance packages and warranties on this vehicle. This car has a lot of tech in it. Anything that goes wrong, I am thinking is going to be a super expensive repcement or fix. So I thought it would be worth it. Does the car have any semi known problems? I have not found any, other than something about the fuel system, if I remember correctly.
Whatā€™s the issue with the fuel system on the M1?

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Whatā€™s the issue with the fuel system on the M1?
No problem with the fuel system, that I know of.
The MACH 1 has spent 2 different trips of 10 days or so total at a Ford dealer.
1). itā€™s airbag error light kept coming on.

How do I turn up the volume of navigation apps like Waze???? I have gone to the apps and turned the volume up as much as possible.

Maybe it is due to I had a stereo system upgrade done and I didnā€™t like having the poor sound of quality /mishmash of the center channel speaker.
so I had them disconnect it.
I also have input all new FOCAL speakers in it. A JL audio amp with a DSP/processor built-in.
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM JL AUDIO VX700/5i #MISCITEM $1400.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio setds $600.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM FOCAL pS 165 F3E #MISCITEM $800.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio LABOR $300.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM FOCAL pC 165 FE #MISCITEM $480.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio LABOR $200.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM PC-TS-A2500LS4 pioneer SUBWOOFER w grille #MISCITEM $275.00
1 LABOR LABOR carpet and mount speaker sub LABOR $0.01
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM pwrwire,rca,line level #MISCITEM $450.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM sound dead 5 sheetsinstalled #MISCITEM $0.01
Got to list that they put a capacitor in also for the audio system I think mainly for the sub.
SUBLET:
LABOR/SUBLET DESCRIPTION
Materials: Labor: Sublet: Other: Misc: SubTotal: Sales Tax: Invoice
$3405.01 $1100.01
$22.01 4527.03 $204.31

TOTAL=$4731.34

Wondering if this is the reason why often the navigation apps are often too quiet to hear.

Mach 1 one time I tried to start the car and it would not start I had to keep pressing the brake pedal and then one time I pressed it very hard and then it finally started.

My MACH 1: also the Apple CarPlay acts weird it doesn't want to connect.
the SYNC 3, it gets in a loop also I had other problems, Freeze UPS. etc.

Front and back, Seatbelt errors.

The system Lost my phone. Had to reconnect.

If I remember correctly, the fix for all the above was a TCU update.

2) Second time it was in the shop:
when I switched the mode lever what I assume happened is the computer system freaked out. The car, gave a bunch of error messages, such as collision, warning, a picture of a wrench, and the engine light amongst others. Then the car went what I would describe as limp mode. It seemed to be cutting the ignition every, 40 seconds or so.
I had a two hour trip to get home so I kept pulling over and turning off the ignition and then turning the car back on again.
Then eventually the wrench error light stopped displaying. But the check engine light stayed on.
Then the next morning when I loaded up onto the flatbed truck to go back to the dealer again , the check engine light did not come on.

Fixes I attempted were disconnecting the battery and the guys at the AutoZone said I should also pull the PCM fuses. Iā€™m not sure if doing them both is redundant.

Dealer
said they did a PCM update and a another TCU update.
Fortunately, Iā€™ve driven the car for a few days since and I have not had any Problems.

The navigation built into this car by Ford is terrible. It often sends me to the other side of the country or cannot find an address or business or just locks up! I told the dealer this and they had no fix for this or ideas.

I did my research and found out that in four days. Ford is supposed to have a new update for the navigation system and I found out that mine is 2 updates Behind. Iā€™m Hoping when I do the update that the Ford navigation will perform flawlessly and very well.

I like the idea of having a fully functional well working FORD navigation system that uses satellite and not cellular to function.
I do go into the wilderness a lot and having a navigation system that works really well would be great.

front and rear Bumper gaps are too large on the passenger side, and thereā€™s a black sponge sticking out on top of the rear bumper. What is this all about?
I wonder if the bumper gaps are just due to damaged or missing clips and could I get it repaired under warranty by a Ford dealer or their body shop? I asked the dealer that Iā€™ve taken the car to twice already about it and they said they could do nothing about it.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
TOTAL=$4731.34

Wondering if this is the reason why often the navigation apps are often too quiet to hear.
Who did the work?

Sounds like your Bluetooth channel is set incorrectly. I think traffic/travel has an identifier that the amp normally sends to the center speaker. Need to adjust so it sends to all channels.

Sync3 is a pile of poo and car play integration is suspect. First fully update the S3 and maps. If you're using a cable, then make damn sure it's a high quality one.

Sounds like your brake pressure switch is need of testing or replacement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Noleftist, youā€™ve got quite a nice stereo upgrade. When I did mine, I installed an AmpPro Interface and it allows me to increase the volume in the volume in the warnings.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do go into the wilderness a lot and having a navigation system that works really well would be great.
Dude, you live in ffx. I can maintain cell service all the way to Elkins WV even while in the shallow valleys.

With Google maps you can pre download map data too. Or just use a better map app.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the bumper gaps are just due to damaged or missing clips and could I get it repaired under warranty by a Ford dealer or their body shop? I asked the dealer that Iā€™ve taken the car to twice already about it and they said they could do nothing about it.
Probably. Who are you taking it to?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
How do I turn up the volume of navigation apps like Waze???? I have gone to the apps and turned the volume up as much as possible.
You have to turn up the volume knob on the headunit while the navigation voice is speaking.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sounds like that aftermarket stereo is screwing up the navigation and volume.

You have a pretty long list of gripes though. I can't help but wonder if that car was heavily messed with before you bought it. Those bumper gaps sound like it was in an accident. Never heard of any of the other issues you've reported. šŸ˜¬

Sponsored
OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Who did the work?

Sounds like your Bluetooth channel is set incorrectly. I think traffic/travel has an identifier that the amp normally sends to the center speaker. Need to adjust so it sends to all channels.

Sync3 is a pile of poo and car play integration is suspect. First fully update the S3 and maps. If you're using a cable, then make damn sure it's a high quality one.

Sounds like your brake pressure switch is need of testing or replacement.
Hurleys Auto Audio.
Thank you for the possible fixes.
Can I somehow set the bluetooth properly?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Dude, you live in ffx. I can maintain cell service all the way to Elkins WV even while in the shallow valleys.

With Google maps you can pre download map data too. Or just use a better map app.
There are multiple places in Virginia and even larger in WVa alone that get zero cell reception. I know there are many places in the USA that only certain cell companies work if any at all. Even some that have cell phone coverage, the cell phone coverages, poor and slow due to old technology used in that area.
I have switched back-and-forth between AT&T and Verizon twice with AT&T twice with Verizon.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommendations?
I only have 'avoid' recommendations - ted britt.

Sheehy Springfield isn't bad, but you have to be insistent if they don't do the work to your satisfaction.

Ourisman in Manassas should also be acceptable. Oddly enough Koons Chevolet's body+paint shop in Tysons did a fantastic job of a significant repair. Under the aegis of Geico. But you're not in that bucket yet.

Koons Fallschurch might be worth a look.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
No problem with the fuel system, that I know of.
The MACH 1 has spent 2 different trips of 10 days or so total at a Ford dealer.
1). itā€™s airbag error light kept coming on.

Maybe it is due to I had a stereo system upgrade done and I didnā€™t like having the poor sound of quality /mishmash of the center channel speaker.
so I had them disconnect it.
I also have input all new FOCAL speakers in it. A JL audio amp with a DSP/processor built-in.
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM JL AUDIO VX700/5i #MISCITEM $1400.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio setds $600.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM FOCAL pS 165 F3E #MISCITEM $800.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio LABOR $300.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM FOCAL pC 165 FE #MISCITEM $480.00
1 LABOR LABOR A Universal Charge for Installatio LABOR $200.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM PC-TS-A2500LS4 pioneer SUBWOOFER w grille #MISCITEM $275.00
1 LABOR LABOR carpet and mount speaker sub LABOR $0.01
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM pwrwire,rca,line level #MISCITEM $450.00
1 #MISCITEM MISCITEM sound dead 5 sheetsinstalled #MISCITEM $0.01
Got to list that they put a capacitor in also for the audio system I think mainly for the sub.
SUBLET:
LABOR/SUBLET DESCRIPTION
Materials: Labor: Sublet: Other: Misc: SubTotal: Sales Tax: Invoice
$3405.01 $1100.01
$22.01 4527.03 $204.31

TOTAL=$4731.34

Mach 1 one time I tried to start the car and it would not start I had to keep pressing the brake pedal and then one time I pressed it very hard and then it finally started.

My MACH 1: also the Apple CarPlay acts weird it doesn't want to connect.
the SYNC 3, it gets in a loop also I had other problems, Freeze UPS. etc.

Front and back, Seatbelt errors.

The system Lost my phone. Had to reconnect.

If I remember correctly, the fix for all the above was a TCU update.

2) Second time it was in the shop:
when I switched the mode lever what I assume happened is the computer system freaked out. The car, gave a bunch of error messages, such as collision, warning, a picture of a wrench, and the engine light amongst others. Then the car went what I would describe as limp mode. It seemed to be cutting the ignition every, 40 seconds or so.
I had a two hour trip to get home so I kept pulling over and turning off the ignition and then turning the car back on again.
Then eventually the wrench error light stopped displaying. But the check engine light stayed on.
Then the next morning when I loaded up onto the flatbed truck to go back to the dealer again , the check engine light did not come on.

Fixes I attempted were disconnecting the battery and the guys at the AutoZone said I should also pull the PCM fuses. Iā€™m not sure if doing them both is redundant.

Dealer
said they did a PCM update and a another TCU update.
Fortunately, Iā€™ve driven the car for a few days since and I have not had any Problems.

The navigation built into this car by Ford is terrible. It often sends me to the other side of the country or cannot find an address or business or just locks up! I told the dealer this and they had no fix for this or ideas.

I did my research and found out that in four days. Ford is supposed to have a new update for the navigation system and I found out that mine is 2 updates Behind. Iā€™m Hoping when I do the update that the Ford navigation will perform flawlessly and very well.

I like the idea of having a fully functional well working FORD navigation system that uses satellite and not cellular to function.
I do go into the wilderness a lot and having a navigation system that works really well would be great.

front and rear Bumper gaps are too large on the passenger side, and thereā€™s a black sponge sticking out on top of the rear bumper. What is this all about?
Those are a lot of problems for a 600mile car. Since you got a bunch of warranty, I would start working on that.

For car play, use a Apple cable. Mine was acting weird with aftermarket cables. Also for Waze, when the navigation is speaking, turn up the volume knob. It should say ā€œnavigationā€ in the screen while you turn that volume up.
Sponsored