Gas prices dropping soon?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
About half of the stations here have lowered prices by $0.25-$0.30 this week. Depends on the location. The range for regular E-10 is $4.29 to $4.56.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You really need to learn about this stuff before pretending like you know.

That setup is worthless with a duty cycle over 25%. So it can charge 240 cars a day. Worthless
Rather than an arrogant and ignorant response like that, maybe you should learn a bit more yourself. It is installed and working as I said.

New EV HyperHub opens in York - transportandenergy

This stuff really is relevant to gas prices, as it is a real world alternative. Even with elevated electricity prices it still works out a lot cheaper in the UK. Rather than 'when will gas prices fall' probably the question is 'will they ever fall significantly?'

There are too many people with agendas to keep the prices high globally - not US centric, but globally. Who benefits from low oil prices? Certainly not oil producers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Rather than an arrogant and ignorant response like that, maybe you should learn a bit more yourself. It is installed and working as I said.

New EV HyperHub opens in York - transportandenergy

This stuff really is relevant to gas prices, as it is a real world alternative. Even with elevated electricity prices it still works out a lot cheaper in the UK. Rather than 'when will gas prices fall' probably the question is 'will they ever fall significantly?'

There are too many people with agendas to keep the prices high globally - not US centric, but globally. Who benefits from low oil prices? Certainly not oil producers.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Some of the rise in gas prices has to do with basic inflation.

Some has to do with Russian oil which is making it to the global market but having to pass thru a lot more hands which both slows movement and adds cost.

Some has to do with various government policies aimed at boosting the "green energy" and EV agenda. Evidence in the USA is that gas prices had been going up for a year or so before Russia invaded Ukraine. Policies throwing cold water on those who might invest in more production and restarting refineries.

Some of the price increase is the aftermath of Covid lockdowns, vaccine mandates, deficit stimulus spending and the plethora of other smaller edicts and odd mandates. Paying people more money to stay home than they made when working. Forcing those with natural immunity to lose a job if they do not get an experimental shot which by the way has no liability attached. Take the shots with your only recourse being a government program if you have issues. Summed up the trillions of spent and wasted money during the pandemic added to so many small businesses being lost. Added to some of our basic and fundamentally necessary economic operations being stressed beyond capacity to recover such as oil production and refinery, chip production, surface transportation (lack of drivers and now pilots)

Some has to do with us finally being fed up with lockdowns which had questionable results and constantly moving goal posts. We started getting out and about to find fuel prices going ever higher. So, more demand recently but best as i can find it is not clear the demand is greater than pre-pandemic measures. Anyway, the policies are working in that there is now demand destruction.

As I suggested before. Go back and read the link about the dilemma Germany has created for itself with its failed strategy concerning green energy. Some of the green someday promises did not happen and they are doing a fall back. I wrote this before, the notion of green energy and clean EV's sounds good. I could give up my ICE if the dream was realistic. Thing is we are way too deep in a massive energy demand hole and the green options are not up to snuff. Too many examples of how the current grids cannot cope and how the green electron production are not ready.

So yes, the price of gasoline and diesel reflects lots of things and it is not proper to try to dismiss some and only focus on a selected few.

So far, I have run my centra air two nights this season. My last bill was around $55 for a month. I do not cook much on hot days. When I run the central air set the temp at 80F. Been using fans a lot more so my next bill may be higher. Do not use my clothes dryer. I hang the wet clothes on a drying rack. May run the AC tonight as it is near 9 PM and still stuffy. Will turn it off next morning.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
In theory with everyone going electric! Would mean less demand. Gas prices should be cheap however, who knows how long it will take! 5 years 20 years?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
In theory with everyone going electric! Would mean less demand. Gas prices should be cheap however, who knows how long it will take! 5 years 20 years?
In many consumable markets that would apply but oil is controlled by a cartel, and supply is carefully controlled to maintain price.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The Electric Vehicle Charging Strategy also identified that it wasn’t yet commercially viable for the private sector to develop such charging hubs, so the City of York Council would own its charging network in order to guarantee the best results for residents.

It’s just economics. If it’s cheaper the consumer/private sector will adopt the technology. It’s just not cheaper. If it’s more expensive, that means it consumes more energy to get the same results vs oil.

In other news gas is about to drop back under $4 here.
Price and energy density are not linked

All new technologies require investment in infrastructure. Remember Ligroin was sold in pharmacies not 'gas' stations.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
The lowest I saw today so far was $4.19

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not changing much here yet. Still around ÂŁ8.55 per imperial gallon (4.5 litres)

France is around €1.90/litre so about £7.25 per imperial gallon
Sponsored