Gas prices dropping soon?

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello; You make a good point. The "green" energy idea sounds a lot cleaner than it is proving to be in practice. The idea of pure clean energy appears to be what a lot of people have in mind. Yes, the end product being an EV driving down the road with no tailpipe in the image. Getting that electric energy and building the batteries are not so clean.
So true. All ev's do is put more distance between the end user and the conventional energy. But people are stupid and like being told what's best for them and cave easily to peer pressure.

Now you know why I could never be a politician.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Now figure the actual take home per hour of the two wages once taxes are taken away.

The 7 dollar worker keeps 5.25 per hour worked and the big mac costs 5 dollars.

The 15 dollar an hour worker keeps 10.50 per hour and the Mac costs 11. Gov loves higher wages.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Now figure the actual take home per hour of the two wages once taxes are taken away.

The 7 dollar worker keeps 5.25 per hour worked and the big mac costs 5 dollars.

The 15 dollar an hour worker keeps 10.50 per hour and the Mac costs 11. Gov loves higher wages.
So the takeaway is do not eat at McDonald’s. 👍😂

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So the takeaway is do not eat at McDonald’s. 👍😂
My gf just got hired Sam’s club. 15.50 starting. Cake job. She got tired of serving. With all this money, no one’s tipping on their $50 dollar dinners. McDonald’s here I saw a sign for night workers. $18 hour. I thought about it for a minute for part time extra cash

I actually like McDonald’s
 I like the app, buy 1 get 1 free basically everyday and $2 McMuffins lol

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You do know that is not accurate, right? Now it could far into the future... look up undeveloped leases. Far as why we are here, read more... do the research vs. reading forums (refiners, war, covid, etc.). No context in these posts.

In general a couple of commenters on this this site should stop trying to make everything so darn political. It reads like uneducated banter. People want things to be simple, but they are not. Sorry... not everyone can get a prize.... so don't get mad at the truth.

This starts off with the usual person asking a very basic question. It is like the comment earlier about helping others overseas. It is painfully obvious history books have not been read, nor any type of foreign policy material. Unless your goal is to sent America into a death spiral. But since at least one person believes there are too many people on earth, the death of more people won't be a big deal.

Far as the topic: I'm not worried about gas prices... driving and paying for gas beats walking.
Hello; Been thinking on this some more. I still figure the jab is aimed at me. Back fifty years ago I pictured a huge population if people did not voluntarily reduce the number of offspring. We are unique by being sentient in that we not only can foresee such things as how too much population will lead to various serious problems, but also had some good working birth control at the time.
By 1975 I had taken enough ecology courses to have a grasp of what happens when natural population of a species outstrip the carrying capacity of their ecosystem. For people the entire world is our ecosystem. While i did not know for sure back 50 years ago, it seemed possible we could populate past the tipping points of various natural systems we would depend on. Soil erosion is one thing I knew of back then. Good topsoil was being eroded very much faster than it could be created by natural processes. We passed the point of being able to feed our population using natural ( traditional) farming at around five billion people. We have a few billion more than that currently. Those extra billions can mostly be fed now because of modern industrial farming, transportation and fertilizer made from a fossil fuel.

Back to my point. My thinking back 50 years ago when I was for zero population growth (ZPG) was to avoid the very situation we have now. To avoid a situation where literally billions of lives would be at risk. Not because I want people to die. To be sure to avoid a huge die off. If every couple back then did have only two children the population would have been stable at a more sustainable number.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Who care about the bare minimum?
When entry level make more than skilled we have a problem.

No one was meant to raise a family flipping burgers, managing a restaurant, yes.

We have hit the tipping point.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
From the employer side of things, for me to pay you 10 per hour you needed to make me 20 per hour. Because it costs me 15 to pay you the 10. So if I'm selling widgets I need to raise the price of the widget to cover your increased pay.

Now how does the skilled worker feel who makes 10 per? He wants a raise or he will walk. Hell why work hard when I can flip burgers and hand out fries and make the same money. So he gets a raise to 20 and the cost of that product goes up. Then the guy who makes 20 per hour and has more responsibility says I need a raise....

Wash rinse and repeat.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I don't "blame" people for being lazy. I blame the system that allows those handouts. A 5K reward for anyone that could prove another person was fraudulently on disability would solve the problem over night. Same thing with student debt. Change the rules and allow it to be discharged in bankruptcy. Bam fixed. Real solutions are never talked about. That's a failure of our representative at both a state level and federal level. The ALL like the status quo.

They just pretend to be slightly different and use class warfare to get use to fight. But be my guess and fight with the bottom 50% over there share of the 1.9% of the total wealth. Seems like if you could get a few more tenths of that the world would be a better place.
Hello; I do like your idea of a reward for turning in social program fraud. It make some sense. I do not think it would need to be five grand.

I get that the total dollar amount of social program fraud may be small compared to other sorts of government money either wasted or taken in high level fraud. The big money grabs do happen. There are some reasons why social program fraud is bothersome to many of us. Most including myself do not mind helping those who truly deserve the help.
Part of the gaming of the system rankles me because I showed up to work day after day for decades. Teachers in my system got ten sick days a year. When I retired I had 185 sick days unused.
If disability and other check fraud is less than some other forms of waste does not make it cheap. The few reports I do see puts the amounts into the billions.

There is another aspect to the social support programs. As posted recently in this thread in some states those getting some sort of government support is over 50% of the total population. Point being a voting block of over 50% of a population can vote in even more such programs if they wish. The 49% or fewer who work for a living will get to pay for it all.
Here is where a definition of "free" needs to be made clear. My take is there is no free government money at all. Those who receive the money, phones, internet, food and other such items may consider it to be "free". However, folks like myself who have worked for decades and never taken any such support are actually paying for a portion on top of paying our own bills.

I am on social security now so some may consider that being on such a program. I paid into that program over decades for one thing. Note- I get than now days many wind up drawing out more than they paid in. I do not think such will happen in my case. Because I have a state pension the amount of SS I qualify for is reduced by around 66% or more. I did work in a state in which no SS was cut from my teachers pay. However I had other jobs outside teaching for which SS was indeed cut from my pay.

Here is a bit of an interesting thing. I was married to a woman for over 12 years before we divorced. She never worked much at all when we were married. We did not have any children so she was not a stay home mom. She just stayed home. When I turned 62 the SS folks got in touch with me. ( Note- I did not go onto SS until I was 65) Anyway it turned out my first ex-wife had applied to SS on my account. Being married for ten years or more turns out to be a way even an EX can use the former spouse's SS account. SS folks would not tell me much, not even her name. But I was only married to one woman for more than ten years. I do not know for sure but figure she draws more than the $198 a month I get after the reduction applied to my SS.

Again, I do not mind at all helping those who deserve the help. If I know of someone who deserves help I will give it. If someone asks for help i will give it. However if someone tries to take/steal a dollar from me I will fight them over it.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I met a lady who was married to 3 diff soldiers for over 10 years each and divorced and got half their retirement if I recall that’s what it was. Can you imagine, doing nothing but being married, and collecting half of 3 militsry retirees pay? Sad world to enable this

Dumb on soldiers 2/3 to fall for it again

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I met a lady who was married to 3 diff soldiers for over 10 years each and divorced and got half their retirement if I recall that’s what it was. Can you imagine, doing nothing but being married, and collecting half of 3 militsry retirees pay? Sad world to enable this

Dumb on soldiers 2/3 to fall for it again
Smart lady!

Anyways back to the topic at hand, maybe

..Today at Costco.
4955822B-4417-478C-ABD7-708C6AB48BC3.jpeg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Drill baby drill haha.
I wish they would, sadly that isn't going to happen any time soon. I'd be surprised if this nonsense ends by December.

Paid $4.99/gal a few days ago for 91. I don't think I've filled up once in the last few months without paying more than the previous fill up.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would, sadly that isn't going to happen any time soon. I'd be surprised if this nonsense ends by December.

Paid $4.99/gal a few days ago for 91. I don't think I've filled up once in the last few months without paying more than the previous fill up.

Earlier this week I was Watching the secretary of energy* get grilled by senators or what not. They literally say, it doesn’t matter we killed the pipe projects, shutdown all leases etc. they said “no impact on gas prices”

Crazy

Last edited:

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Regular jumped from about $4.90 to $5.20 everywhere around here almost overnight.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
People are driving more due to nice weather I also presume. My friend just traded his 2020 Honda Civic for. 2022 f150

He said, idc about gas. Gas is gas.
Me, I couldn’t do it. I like my mpg to be more efficient so I can spend money towards other things

Especially now

He was getting like 40mpg, he said his average so far is like 18mpg with truck lol. He doesn’t even use it for truck stuff. He just said it’s comfortable. He paid 65k as well for truck! Didn’t realize they cost that much
Sponsored