FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t feel too bad for them. They knew the consequences going in for the second time. Honestly I really do not know which side is right. They both make very compelling arguments. I know I wouldn’t want a massive pipeline anywheres near my home.
But you can’t tell them do it. then leadership changes and then tell them no.

The projects from one admin approval should be honored in the next
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Keystone is/was an underground pipeline. Except for the yellow pipeline markers ever mile or so you'd never know it was there.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You know the current admin is supposedly friendly to Union workers. Some experts say 1 million or more Union jobs were killed. Either directly or support jobs.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
But you can’t tell them do it. then leadership changes and then tell them no.

I totally agree with you but we both know that’s not how it works. Neither side would agree with it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
One man shouldn't have the authority to kill off something like this. It should have gone through the congress.

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The Paris Accord and the "You stole my childhood, how dare you!" schtick that came with it sounded romantic to the spoiled brat jet set crowd once upon a time but anyone with half a brain knew that by signing on to that crap Europe was handing their energy leverage to dangerous tyrants like Putin, and now..... he's got them over a barrel. If only somebody had warned them.

I'm officially making the switch to regular unleaded. On my last tank of premium. Hope I'm not making a mistake.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
On my last tank of premium. Hope I'm not making a mistake.
As long as you are on a stock tune you are fine. Might lose a tenth or two in the quarter mile.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
You know the current admin is supposedly friendly to Union workers. Some experts say 1 million or more Union jobs were killed. Either directly or support jobs.
You get what you vote for.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
....beats the 'sack of shit' that occupied the W house last term.................
Im sure thats exactly what the union members who lost there jobs were thinking.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Im sure thats exactly what the union members who lost there jobs were thinking.
But they can get other jobs that pay over 50 dollars an hour, you know because there are so many of them unfilled.... :crazy:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
See. Idk. I don’t care about the person as president. He could be a straight up cheating, lying, kniving, mafia leader.

As long as he made the nation prosperous and stopped sending money to other nations and runs the USA like a business like we should be.

I mean, who cares if we like the president. All I care about is the nation prospering. Giving away money under welfare, and nations, and etc.. doesn’t seem very economical.

Totally against freebies to anyone.

The USD is kinda suffering now, all for virtue signaling. BRB gas is bad, electric is good.

If I was president, I’d literally cut 100% all foreign aid, cut all visas, and work on everything in our borders. I would only allow vetted good needed skilled labors over here. Etc. not letting people come in and collect benefits and such with no social and using our healthcare.

I had a car wreck and paid 12k in bills, but if I was illegal I wouldn’t be charged a dime. Not fair right?

My mom got hit by an illegal, officer said use her own insurance and let the non speaking immigrant go. Didn’t even care he hit her. Wasn’t worth the effort I guess

Oh her rates went up. Not fair the guy should of gone to jail and deported

/end rant.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yep. NIMBY

About 2 decades ago they wanted to build a pipeline in my area. Huge protest and outrage. They ended up going another route. I am sure most of the people that protested back then think the Keystone is a good idea.

We are all NIMBY hypocrites.
Hello; I was raised in coal mine country. Southeast KY. The deep mines were not so bad except for the slag heaps and later the settlement ponds. The strip mining and mountain top removal were the biggest eyesores.
In my hometown of Middlesboro KY you could see the strip mine scars in the hills surrounding the crater bowl. Middlesboro is set in an old meteor impact crater.
After some time taxpayer money was spent to reclaim the "orphan" mines. I always thought the attempt to put things back to an original contour/slope was a poor choice. Flat and level land is hard to come by around here. They already had roads as well. But as has been the usual no one ask me about it.

The old scarred hills have been put to use the last couple of decades. Some have been turned into off road parks. People come from all around to drive 4x4's in the mountains.

So i understand the why of NIMBY thinking but we as human societies around the world decided some decades ago about the sort of lifestyle we wanted to live. It revolved around the abundant energy sources( coal, oil and natural gas). I suppose it can be argued we as a whole did not understand the consequences at the start of the industrial revolution.
However, by the 1970's it was well understood by anyone paying attention, including myself. Even so the use of energy and the lifestyles it brought went on full steam ahead.

I was in the bank paying my latest electricity bill. Just over $50 for the month. I can pay at a bank close to my home so i do not have to drive 13 miles to the company office. The teller said she wished her bill was so low. I asked if she is already running the AC and she is. I have not as yet and have my windows open. I ask if she cooks hot meals while running the AC. She does. I have switched to cold meals of microwave mostly. I did not ask but will bet she runs her washed clothes thru a dryer. I hang my clothes on an indoor rack to air dry.

I get few visitors in the winter as i keep my house at 68 degrees mostly. In the summer i rarely run the central air so most folks do not linger. My lifestyle is aimed to be at a lower level of impact. I am not a saint in that regard but have managed to some degree. Most everyone i know goes from running heat directly to AC with a house closed up all year long.

I will not again go into my decision to be childless back around 1975. Already told much of that story. I will say i took a good look around almost 50 years ago and figured we people were not going to save ourselves. I still say overpopulation is and has been the bigger issue leading to all the other subset of problems. I find it interesting currently that among all the outcries about the environment so very few talk about population any more.

The time for the end of fossil fuels was going to come on it's own. This current "crisis" is artificial in the sense it is being pushed as part of an agenda and not by the natural depletion of the resources. I use crisis as it will be a true crisis for some folks. Those with enough wealth/income may be hurt but many will truly suffer from these edicts handed out from on high. I include the pandemic edicts as part of the crisis in addition to the more recent energy edicts.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
....beats the 'sack of shit' that occupied the W house last term.................
Hello; You must sense the discussion is not going you way so are trying to get the thread locked. I hope the mods just shut you out and allow the thread to continue.
Sponsored