Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
A ferry tail for sure ^^

Well I sure will heed such expert advice, even if it is useless . Going to NAPA, I pass costco & sams.......... Thinking, damn that must be some kind of gas.

Looking at the lines, & knowing lines usually means one of two things, something is free or cheap. Both an indication of a level of quality one should /could expect.......
I have fleet vehicles with 500k on them that run Fuel from the cheapest stations around us. Other than the normal services and fuel filters every 50k miles. No issues. Sure the fleet vehicles are running 87 swill, and the mustang is 93 octane. but I think the Idea that you have to run overpriced/brand fuel is a fairy tale. But it is your choice.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have fleet vehicles with 500k on them that run Fuel from the cheapest stations around us. Other than the normal services and fuel filters every 50k miles. No issues. Sure the fleet vehicles are running 87 swill, and the mustang is 93 octane. but I think the Idea that you have to run overpriced/brand fuel is a fairy tale. But it is your choice.

I guess we both believe in different fairy tales, and that's your choice also.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have data and use of millions of miles to back my "fairy tale",
You?

My performance cars & 30 years of data & seat time, back my "fairy tale" more accurate than a spread sheet .
Trailer my car, 300/400 miles will run mid grade fuel 80. Burning full tanks between stops.

LMAO

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
My performance cars & 30 years of data & seat time, back my "fairy tale" more accurate than a spread sheet .
Trailer my car, 300/400 miles will run mid grade fuel 80. Burning full tanks between stops.

LMAO
Why you feel the need to "trailer" your car

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Costco's gas is top-tier, as is Sam's. Don't knock what you don't know.
I always use Costco gas since its top tier and the freshest anywhere due to long lines draining the tanks at warp speed.

Of course, to avoid being labeled cheap in forums, I tip the attendant a C-note every time.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I went to Costco tonight and only put it in enough to hide the tip (knob?). No problems pulling out....Say what you will about the GT but at least she swallowed it all. :)
Maybe something to that rumor Costco puts pineapple juice in their gas.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
or the old, I forgot it was still in the filler neck
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Saved me the cost of a tank in a uHaul moving truck in '71.

Nozzle broke off and fell into the tank. By chance it jammed the float at full, so didn't get charged for fuel when I turned it in empty.

By the time I noticed the gauge wasn't moving and couldn't remember removing the nozzle, just made the best of things. I didn't remember the station. Only mentioning now since statute of limitations has run out. Did cost me extra stops since I had to guess when I needed more.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The only difference in ANY fuel is really the additive packs put in them. Before that they are almost identical base fuels no matter what brand or whose pumps it's heading to. They all have to meet the same specs for octane and quality.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
A ferry tail for sure ^^

Well I sure will heed such expert advice, even if it is useless . Going to NAPA, I pass costco & sams.......... Thinking, damn that must be some kind of gas.

Looking at the lines, & knowing lines usually means one of two things, something is free or cheap. Both an indication of a level of quality one should /could expect.......
Why a "ferry" tale? There are no rivers or lakes I have to cross to need a "ferry".

I stopped by a NAPA store once to get a PCV valve for my Hemi. They didn't know what a Hemi was, tried to sell me a valve for the 4.7L, claiming they're the same PCV. Your implication that NAPA is a worthwhile stop sounds like more useless "expert" advice.

As for the lines, that's folks turning their Costco visit into a marathon. I go in the morning and never have to wait.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The only difference in ANY fuel is really the additive packs put in them. Before that they are almost identical base fuels no matter what brand or whose pumps it's heading to. They all have to meet the same specs for octane and quality.
Very true, at least for the octane. The regulators only test for octane as far as I've seen. Gas loses octane when it just sits and when it's moved. Since Costco sells more gas in a weekend than Mom & Pop do in a month, their gas will retain the octane level until the by-products exit the tail pipe. When Mom & Pop let it sit in the tank for a month or more, it deteriorates.

You won't find a "Shell" truck delivering gas to a Shell station, or Chevron to a Chevron station. Bulk gas delivered and then sweetened with additives, probably detergents.
Sponsored