Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, D. Plus you have the cool stool to hold brushes, etc., I just have a rolling seat. But, I'm gonna gut it out with my current setup until the wheels on the chair give out. Then, I'll pick up a cool stool for sure and a cannon bracket. :-)
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just curious how long does it take to wash that car? Can you set out the actual wash time from the get ready :question:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Greg: Not sure who you were addressing with the question. Ignore this if you were asking Deyon. :=)

For me, car washing is self time and, good therapy. Consequently, I don't rush. But, if I had to guess, from setup to dried would be in the 60-90 minute range depending on how dirty the vehicle is. Living in the southern part of the country hurts and helps about evenly when it comes to washing outdoors without a cover. Having that and a dedicated wash bay would be heaven. <smiling>

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey just curious how long does it take to wash that car? Can you set out the actual wash time from the get ready :question:
I'm pretty sure I know where you are leading with this question but for me, washing MY car is not something that with a time limit in mind. As mentioned by KB, spending 1.5 - 2 hours cleaning my car is a moment purely for ME. I spend my whole life tending to the needs of others, washing my car is my way of letting go.

Everyone gets something different from their passion for cars. Some love going on road trips, some like to go racing, some like to modify, some like to getting the hands dirty with tools....................... and I like to detail.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure I know where you are leading with this question but for me, washing MY car is not something that with a time limit in mind. As mentioned by KB, spending 1.5 - 2 hours cleaning my car is a moment purely for ME. I spend my whole life tending to the needs of others, washing my car is my way of letting go.

Everyone gets something different from their passion for cars. Some love going on road trips, some like to go racing, some like to modify, some like to getting the hands dirty with tools....................... and I like to detail.
Nowhere just asking, don't assume.

Sponsored

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I almost went with the bucket dollies but said to myself “hey I’m tired of bending over”. I use a rollie stool when I do the wheels. During wash time I don’t have to bend over.
D9F959A4-CE65-499E-9B9D-D56A911221B9.jpeg

Can’t wait to hook up my new cobra jet hose and quick connects from OG :rockon: .

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I almost went with the bucket dollies but said to myself “hey I’m tired of bending over”. I use a rollie stool when I do the wheels. During wash time I don’t have to bend over.
D9F959A4-CE65-499E-9B9D-D56A911221B9.jpeg

Can’t wait to hook up my new cobra jet hose and quick connects from OG :rockon: .
That's a great idea.

I went looking for something like this but couldn't find anything available at the time. This allows for a bucket to secured to the cart. (I only use one bucket when washing, a "rinse" bucket, using the foam cannon to apply the soap.)

Grit Guard Universal Detailing Cart, Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer Detail Cart (autogeek.net)

cart101.jpg

Just came across this also -

Workshop Solutions Tradesman's Work Cart (autogeek.net)

cart102.jpg

I think you will love the Cobra Jet hose. I wish the portable Kranzle's could have their hoses upgraded.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Amen to the CobraJet hose, D. I wanted to order it until I learned that the portable can't be upgraded. Even so, the stock hose is still light years ahead of the cheap versions.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Amen to the CobraJet hose, D. I wanted to order it until I learned that the portable can't be upgraded. Even so, the stock hose is still light years ahead of the cheap versions.
Absolutely, I'm not unhappy with the standard Kranzle hose.

I guess it's the wanting of something I can't have. :giggle:

Perhaps I should "invest" in another 2k worth of a custom install Kranzle? :crackup:

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Next purchase for me is the Kranzle 1322st and get rid of the gas power pressure washer. Never thought I’d say that haha. Just tired of starting and stopping it. So loud too, I’m sure my neighbors will be happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Next purchase for me is the Kranzle 1322st and get rid of the gas power pressure washer. Never thought I’d say that haha. Just tired of starting and stopping it. So loud too, I’m sure my neighbors will be happy.
You could mount that 1322 to your cart.

Keep the gas pressure washer for jobs around the home though. Due to the way those Kranzle's are set up for car washing, it tends to make them a bit weak for cleaning your driveway or deck.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
You could mount that 1322 to your cart.

Keep the gas pressure washer for jobs around the home though. Due to the way those Kranzle's are set up for car washing, it tends to make them a bit weak for cleaning your driveway or deck.
Yeah I was thinking about mounting to the cart with a hose reel. Issue is with the dic-20. I’d need a longer hose between the filter and the kranzle. Only bought a 16 footer. Maybe a larger cart and mount all of it hehe.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah I was thinking about mounting to the cart with a hose reel. Issue is with the dic-20. I’d need a longer hose between the filter and the kranzle. Only bought a 16 footer. Maybe a larger cart and mount all of it hehe.
I wonder if you could modify that trolley the dic-20 is mounted on to house a pressure washer and hose reel. Or find something that would combine them all neatly.

Check out Chromatic Garage's latest video at about 3.20min -
(4) Deep Cleaning, Painting, And Replacing Things In My BMW E30 Engine Bay - YouTube

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Here's another cart solution. Looks like a pretty slick way to make the rig mobile. However, something larger to also carry the hose reel, wand, etc., like the DIC-20. I see those and similar online frequently and I'm sure it's doable. And the 1322 does have the On/Off trigger function, doesn't it? That's a must and a problem with the larger units for wall mounting as I believe ol' Matt M. discovered. You have to use it like the coin wash pressure washers but with a big switch somewhere.

Quotes are inop presently so...

D said...

"I guess it's the wanting of something I can't have.

Perhaps I should "invest" in another 2k worth of a custom install Kranzle?"

So true but humorous nonetheless, D. <grinning>

Gotta git..
Sponsored