Sponsored

Fuse to pull when dyno the car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The plug In the wheel well? Seems easier to pull the fuse? And do both options involve lights coming on the dashboard?
In my opinion the plug is many times easier. It is right there and easy to access. No having to pull a tiny fuse or even open your fragile fuse box.

Yes, there will be lights that turn on when pulling the plug.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Do you happen to have a pic or vid on where the plug is?

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Does anyone actually have any proof that pulling 62 is ANY DIFFERENT than long hold on the traction control button?

In most other models/makers... when a fuse is pulled, it doesn't stop a safety feature from functioning, but actually locks that feature in the "ON" position because the car thinks there is a fault somewhere.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unplugged it. Looks like it’s all off! Thanks guys at track now

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Opened the hood, pushed the clip and lifted the lid off the fuse box. Found 62, removed it and traction control off displays. Put the fuse back in and the lights went off. No abs lights. Will test this afternoon...
93843B60-8950-4C65-B5E6-6FD101106A6A.jpeg
59C915E9-26DB-4A89-BD79-C40EC06CADEF.jpeg

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone actually have any proof that pulling 62 is ANY DIFFERENT than long hold on the traction control button?

In most other models/makers... when a fuse is pulled, it doesn't stop a safety feature from functioning, but actually locks that feature in the "ON" position because the car thinks there is a fault somewhere.

When my car was just PMAS + lund e85 tune, i dyno'd w/ the TC off with the long hold..i put down a MIGHTY 255whp. Pulled the fuse 62, 413whp. No other changes, back to back. Smelled HORRIBLE after the pull with the fuse in too.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
FYI, pulling fuse 62 gives a “steering assist fault” message on the display about 20 seconds after key on or starting the car. Going to see if disconnecting the connector under the air box gives the same code...

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No issues unplugging the connector under air box. Only lights on dash are the traction control ones. I’m debating plugging back in.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Damp question: why is it necessary to pull fuse 62 or unplug the ABS connector under the airbox when doing a dyno?

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I have the worst experience ever with not pulling it.
I was at a dyno event at Tx2k last year. High hopes for my car- '15 GT, VMP with 69mm pulley, e85, etc, etc... all had been street tuned, never on a dyno. And it ran fantastic. 9 sec capable car.

Everyone's looking at my car in anticipation of #'s.... dyno'd 440whp... I was embarrassed and devastated. I knew it made more, but everyone was laughing at my car's numbers. It was awful. I quickly figured out to pull the fuse, but didn't get to re-dyno the car due to the massive amount of ppl waiting.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Does your drive mode matter when you do a dyno pull? Anyone seen the difference between normal & sport+

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Does your drive mode matter when you do a dyno pull? Anyone seen the difference between normal & sport+
Mode doesnt matter when you pull the fuse.
You need to pull the fuse!!!!! Its the best way to make sure you are accurate numbers. It ensures NONE of the nannies turn on. If they do its a great way to destroy a clutch and do other not good stuff.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Fuse box diagram showing fuse 62 on the EU Mustang

For those interested, this is the fuse box diagram showing the fuse that needs to be removed on the European Mustang before doing a dyno. I don't know if the fuse box diagram is different on the US Mustang.

This fuse seems to be used in order to protect the “Anti-lock brakes run-start switch”.
Ford-mustang-2015-fuse-box-power-distribution-box_LI.jpg
Sponsored