Sponsored

Funny story: Best accident ever

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was coming home late last night from the shop after finally getting my Ford Performance track shocks/struts, steeda springs, and a few other suspension parts installed.

As I was getting off the 405 I got rear ended. I was so pissed in the heat of the moment moment. I just spent a thousand bucks on labor and now I was going to potentially need body work!

So I found a place to pull over, and look at the damage the best I could in the darkness. A small dent in the rear bumper and balance. And the bumper itself was no longer aligned right. No broken paint, basically cosmetic from the outside view. Most importantly my Corsa Sport exhaust tips were still pristine. I think he was going 10-15mph at most when he bumped me.

The guy who hit me finally pulls up and I ask him if he's alright. He's super apologetic and instantly takes full ownership of the collision.

I suddenly realize he's also in a S550. And its a performance pack. And its been lowered. And there's definitely an aftermarket exhaust. Unfortunately his car was more messed up than mine, his front license plate holder was smashed which crumpled in a small area of his front bumper. Definitely no structural damage tho.

So after he gives me his insurance information, we shoot the shit about mustangs for a few minutes before packing up. I made a deal with him to go to the same reputable body shop on Monday (we live close by) and see what the quote is before filing the insurance claim.

Afterwards we start texting a time to meet up and start getting into parts and tracking events. He's going to get a new grille to get rid of the OEM style and I'm thinking of doing the same too since we'll both be in the shop for a while.

Stupid luck, but as far as accidents go no one was hurt, made a new friend, and got a new project to start.

All in the day of a Mustang enthusiast.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That’s wild. Thankfully sounds like you guys avoided anything serious damage wise. Maybe you should tell him to update his brake pads haha.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I mean, he took responsibility for his actions, then you realize he's in a mustang, and and enthusiast as well. All's well that ...

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Glad it worked out for you. To many times its some douche bag and they try and blame you. Thats why I have a dual channel dash cam!