Sponsored

Fully disable all nannies via the jumper in the engine bay?

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I saw this video and wanted to see if anyone has experimented with disabling tc/advancetrac via this method and has some reps with it disabled on the track. Pros/cons?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here we go again with one of those "I don't need traction control" threads.

Remember that guy leaving cars and coffee? The guy who almost plowed into the crowd?

The only time I've run my car with all the nannies off is on the track when the advancetrack failed due to the roval banked course. The car does behave itself unless you ask it for too much. Then you have a mess that, unless you know what you are doing, may very well put you into a tree or someone else.

Anybody running around on the street with everything turned off is foolish.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Only thin I’ve found I wish we could do is put the magneride in track, but all the nannies in sport.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I saw this video and wanted to see if anyone has experimented with disabling tc/advancetrac via this method and has some reps with it disabled on the track. Pros/cons?
It's been covered many times in F Street autocross thread. Many people use it because sometimes car shows "Service Advancetrac" message if you turn everything off (and most people do - zero reason to keep them on - in autocross) and then turn everything back on, together with changing mode to Normal which comes with Magnaride settings as well.

Btw - 17 min video of some nonsense to talk about how to pull the plug ? Pure idiocy (not directed at you - at all those morons aka youtubers)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I didn't watch the video until now......

It's that moron from Shelby exotics. If someone is going to do something stupid, it's him.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Only thin I’ve found I wish we could do is put the magneride in track, but all the nannies in sport.
With the stock magride controller, you can only do it the other way around. If you have the drive mode selected as "Track", the suspension selector switch on the steering wheel toggles between Track and Sport.

The DSC Sport magride controller allows you to load any calibration set into any of the drive mode registers. You can run the track mode suspension settings in all three modes if you want to.

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Here we go again with one of those "I don't need traction control" threads.

Remember that guy leaving cars and coffee? The guy who almost plowed into the crowd?

The only time I've run my car with all the nannies off is on the track when the advancetrack failed due to the roval banked course. The car does behave itself unless you ask it for too much. Then you have a mess that, unless you know what you are doing, may very well put you into a tree or someone else.

Anybody running around on the street with everything turned off is foolish.
"I saw this video and wanted to see if anyone has experimented with disabling tc/advancetrac via this method and has some reps with it disabled on the track."
Did you see anywhere in my post that I intend to disable the traction control on the street? My post was targeted to a specific audience of experienced drivers who regularly track their GT350's.
As it turns out, I was at the track this last weekend competing in time trials and as I began pushing the car, I noticed the TC intervening even in track mode. I'm switching to slicks, and I read that with the increased grip levels the TC/AT can be even more intrusive.
Frankly, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, I suggest you remain silent.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
"I saw this video and wanted to see if anyone has experimented with disabling tc/advancetrac via this method and has some reps with it disabled on the track."
Did you see anywhere in my post that I intend to disable the traction control on the street? My post was targeted to a specific audience of experienced drivers who regularly track their GT350's.
As it turns out, I was at the track this last weekend competing in time trials and as I began pushing the car, I noticed the TC intervening even in track mode. I'm switching to slicks, and I read that with the increased grip levels the TC/AT can be even more intrusive.
Frankly, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, I suggest you remain silent.
You may have not liked my reply, but part of it did have something to do with the track. My point during that part was that the car behaves until you go too far. A lot of people turn it all off and get a false sense of security and then it happens.

Do me a favor, if you don't like what I have to say, there is a thing called the ignore button. I suggest you click on it.

Lighten up, tracktardicus

Slow6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 401A PP1
other issues aside - i know that on my s550 that if i press and hold (roughly 5-10 seconds) my tc button, i get a message saying that "advancedtrac OFF" im not sure if that 86's all the nannies, but IMO, thats a lot easier than doing the wiring.

Note: did not watch the video and stopped reading thread posts after arguments. fwiw.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
other issues aside - i know that on my s550 that if i press and hold (roughly 5-10 seconds) my tc button, i get a message saying that "advancedtrac OFF" im not sure if that 86's all the nannies, but IMO, thats a lot easier than doing the wiring.

Note: did not watch the video and stopped reading thread posts after arguments. fwiw.
See above. It is technically easy but only until all the shit comes back after "Service Advancetrac" message.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Steve were you in Pueblo or HPR when you had the issue? I have only run my car on stock supers but it really doesn't like the bump right before 10 at HPR. It kept getting upset with me to the point I was purposely slowing myself down and turning in a bit later.

I know street cars do all sorts of weird shit when you up the grip level. I was in my buddy's 6th gen Camaro on some pretty sticky street tires and the systems were having a tough time understanding the grip. ABS would hit before i was at the threshold and if the car started to lose traction even slightly it would step in, when it was supposed to be fully defeated.

@honeybadger Does your car intervene prematurely when you are on slicks?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@JAJ Thanks dude, yea I knew all that. My comment was more of a wish list, and the DSC controller would be cool but way down my list of priorities at the moment. I just wouldn't capitalize on it.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
@JAJ Thanks dude, yea I knew all that. My comment was more of a wish list, and the DSC controller would be cool but way down my list of priorities at the moment. I just wouldn't capitalize on it.
Sorry - I was just trying to expand on your post. I figured you had it already, but up until fairly recently, I didn't. I drove my GT350 for two years and 15,000 miles on the track and street before I found out how those switch combinations worked.

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
You may have not liked my reply, but part of it did have something to do with the track. My point during that part was that the car behaves until you go too far. A lot of people turn it all off and get a false sense of security and then it happens.

Do me a favor, if you don't like what I have to say, there is a thing called the ignore button. I suggest you click on it.

Lighten up, tracktardicus
Thanks, Tomster, you finally posted something of use! Ask and ye shall receive.
Seeing as how you have a pattern of behavior of not fully reading posts, injecting your unsolicited, overly opinionated, and usually unhelpful vitriol, and insulting forum members (not only in my post but several others), I'll go ahead and block you. If I want to deal with 10-year-olds, I'll go to the school down the street. Perhaps you should turn your focus inward instead of at forum members and try to figure out whatever personal shortcomings you have that made you to be this way.
Sponsored