FUll Race FMIC TiAL BOV installed

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Because a 10psi spring is going to be too stiff and the car doesn't produce enough off-throttle vacuum to open the BOV 100%. There is potential to cause compressor surge and damage the factory turbo.

Spring color is silver with black line. You can view Tial's spring chart HERE.

When choosing the proper BOV spring you need to monitor what your immediate off throttle vacuum is. Here is an example from a bolt on EBM.

You can see the purple line is coming down which is the throttle closing, the green line is boost/vacuum, and the orange line is RPM. This shows a shift event that was in boost prior to letting off the throttle, this is exactly how you want to determine the proper spring. You can see here it is -11.39inHG which falls into the 7psi spring range.

Good info, Adam! Pink is what all of my friends use...on their superchargers lol.
Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Good info, Adam! Pink is what all of my friends use...on their superchargers lol.
If they have a supercharge they should really be using Prochargers BOV, its pretty bad ass!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Do you notice any idle problems with or without air conditioning on? Reason I ask is if this is a MAF based system and you dump air that the MAF accounted for you'll notice idle issues.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm buying a GT and haven't researched the Ecoboost much for that reason.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Do you notice any idle problems with or without air conditioning on? Reason I ask is if this is a MAF based system and you dump air that the MAF accounted for you'll notice idle issues.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm buying a GT and haven't researched the Ecoboost much for that reason.
The Ecoboost doesn't use a MAF so there is no problem venting to atmosphere.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)

The ecoboost is speed density, so there are no issues venting to atmosphere.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ok cool, thank you for the clarification. Again, not up to par on the ecoboost, just thought I'd ask as I've owned MAF based turbo cars and VTA valves always gave me issues.

FWIW the TiAL was always my favorite valve...love hitting that purge when passing under a bridge ;)

Cheers!

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Because a 10psi spring is going to be too stiff and the car doesn't produce enough off-throttle vacuum to open the BOV 100%. There is potential to cause compressor surge and damage the factory turbo.

Spring color is silver with black line. You can view Tial's spring chart HERE.

When choosing the proper BOV spring you need to monitor what your immediate off throttle vacuum is. Here is an example from a bolt on EBM.

You can see the purple line is coming down which is the throttle closing, the green line is boost/vacuum, and the orange line is RPM. This shows a shift event that was in boost prior to letting off the throttle, this is exactly how you want to determine the proper spring. You can see here it is -11.39inHG which falls into the 7psi spring range.
just to clarify this
Tial's 7psi spring is actually painted black
Turbo Smart's 7psi spring is metal/silver with a black line

:thumbsup:

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
just to clarify this
Tial's 7psi spring is actually painted black
Turbo Smart's 7psi spring is metal/silver with a black line

:thumbsup:
It's basically the same :p. Tial just does a quick spray with some paint at one end, its never a solid color.

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Adam I have a 3 psi spring on my Tial QRJ. Is that a good or bad thing?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Adam I have a 3 psi spring on my Tial QRJ. Is that a good or bad thing?
That is way to light, I can ship you a heavier spring if you move forward with the turbo kit.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
What kind of issues would it cause me to have since it's too light?
Just realized you have the QRJ, you will be fine! The information I posted is for the old 50mm, the Q, and the QR.

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
I'd recommend dropping it down to a 7psi, just personal experience I have had thus far with the stock turbo and the vacuum these engine's produce.
Why black? Black is rated 8-11in/Hg. Ecoboost is generating ~20in/Hg in idle, means shouldn't it be Yellow or Plain.
Sponsored