Sponsored

FUll Race FMIC TiAL BOV installed

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Just wanna say thank to Corell Thomas and the team over at Full Race! Installed my new FMIC w/ Chargepipes and TiAL BOV. Car sounds awesome and much more responsive. Haven't be able to really get on it Because it's 95° here. But the car pulls really good from the little bit that I did get on it. Thanks again!

Sponsored

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
Is it me or is your body really close to your intake it looks like it's rubbing in the pictures regardless awesome setup

OP
OP
CoyoteFiveO

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Is it me or is your body really close to your intake it looks like it's rubbing in the pictures regardless awesome setup
It is close but not touching. I noticed that yesterday and gonna keep and eye on it.

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Blow Off Valve 10 psi Spring Red.
I'd recommend dropping it down to a 7psi, just personal experience I have had thus far with the stock turbo and the vacuum these engine's produce.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd recommend dropping it down to a 7psi, just personal experience I have had thus far with the stock turbo and the vacuum these engine's produce.
Almost everyone I know drops down to the 7psi spring too. Is it the pink one?

OP
OP
CoyoteFiveO

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
This is the one they sent me. If I knew to drop it down to a 7psi spring I would of asked them too. I will find out if I need to change it. Thanks

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
This is the one they sent me. If I knew to drop it down to a 7psi spring I would of asked them too. I will find out if I need to change it. Thanks
Did you snap any pics of where you tapped into a vacuum source? This is something that comes up a lot in conversation, but I've only seen one other pic posted and forgot where it was, lol.

Sponsored

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
For those a bit new to BOV instead of Bypass, can you elaborate a bit on why 7PSI spring?

OP
OP
CoyoteFiveO

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Have you posted any videos with the Tial BOV in action yet? Performance aside, I'm anxious to hear it on an EB

Nick C.

It does have a little fluttering sound to just didn't do it in that video

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
For those a bit new to BOV instead of Bypass, can you elaborate a bit on why 7PSI spring?
Because a 10psi spring is going to be too stiff and the car doesn't produce enough off-throttle vacuum to open the BOV 100%. There is potential to cause compressor surge and damage the factory turbo.

Spring color is silver with black line. You can view Tial's spring chart HERE.

When choosing the proper BOV spring you need to monitor what your immediate off throttle vacuum is. Here is an example from a bolt on EBM.

You can see the purple line is coming down which is the throttle closing, the green line is boost/vacuum, and the orange line is RPM. This shows a shift event that was in boost prior to letting off the throttle, this is exactly how you want to determine the proper spring. You can see here it is -11.39inHG which falls into the 7psi spring range.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)

It does have a little fluttering sound to just didn't do it in that video
Fluttering could be compressor surge as explained above.
Sponsored