OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
can you share a link to the materials used. looks awsome!
I got the shifter boot, ebrake, and arm rest from cjponyparts.com they are JPM coach works which is now defunct. Americanmuscle.com also sells them.

JPM still has his other company jpmsuplyco.com he sells the real Alcantara material which is made in Italy and what Shelby used on our cars. I used 9002 charcoal "panel" which doesn't have the backing so its easier to wrap around your trim edges. The invoice included will be from some Germany company which is the distributor and ships directly to you. The code on that will be 9202 for panel its the same product. From order to at your door is 3 days. The edge on the material roll is embossed "Alcantara" so you know its real. You need 1.5 yards for the headliner and quarter windows. I ordered 3 yards it was enough to do the visors plus sides and back of the center console along with the headliner and quarter window panels. I have enough material left to do maybe the glove box lid.

If your car is a track pack with the recaro's there is actually 2 different colors on the seat. 1) charcoal which is the minor color and 2) black which is the major color. My charcoal wrapped items balances them out equally.

The painted parts was done by Automation auto body to the standard paint code using Spies Heckler paint which is also German.

Todd Turbo S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 1997 Porsche Turbo Raptor G63 Tesla CLK BS
To answer some questions.

I pulled the headliner myself it wasn't hard at all. The dome lights pull out just by pulling down. behind it are 2 metal clips which hold the headliner. The A-pillar I just popped off and moved to the side didn't remove. The visors have T15 torxs screws to the holding bracket the hinge side is just a plastic cover than that pops of it wedges the metal clip which spreads to fasten.

The side quarter panels you have to remove the seat buckle on the b-pillars T45 torxs . Rear bottom seat just pops off and the side panels pop out. Once there the c panel pops off there is a retaining strap so it doesn't go flying if the side airbag deploys. Same for the b/c pillar plastic trim.

The rear of the headliner has a magnet on either side pull down and the headliner drops. Back in the front passenger side there are 2 plugs from the a pillar which you disconnect now the headliner is free.

Both seat go all the way back and back rest leaned all the way back you wedge the headliner out through the passenger door. Careful not to crease the headliner its very thin fiberglass backing can crack you will also crease the foam and it will have a permanent wrinkle. The headliner comes out and its to the millimeter squeezing it out the passenger door so have patience.

The fiberglass backing is too thin to try to pull off the old material so you will put the alcantara over the factor headliner material so the alcantara you order will not have a backing. I sourced mine from JPM coachworks other business JPM supply company took about 4 days to get I ordered 3 yards I was told it can be done in 2. The color code in the catalog is 9002 Charcoal make sure you get the "panel" which has no backing. When it arrives the receipt will say 9902 which is the actual material part number its correct don't freak out.

The shop I used works on Ferrari restorations and alfa romero's called
The Tin Lizzie Affair 13350 Floyd Cir, Dallas, Tx 75243, Dallas, TX 75243 (972) 234-3791. If you google them they do some high end stuff they were reupholstering a classic ferarri 246 GT dino seats and repairing seats on a 458 that was stolen so I knew I was in good hands

As far as cost I know Lucinda the owner and was only charged a 3rd the normal for labor it came out to 3-4 hundred. The material cost was the same.

The soundskiz sound dampener on the roof and they also put back the headliner for me was less than 200 bucks at Soundscape car audio they were just rated the 2nd best shop in the country also located near Dallas. The cardboard pad you see in the pics below was left in its glued in there good and removing would have warped and dented the roofs sheetmetal.

The doors are factory as is the a-pillars. I'm doing a full stereo build in the future so I've order new a-pillar so there was no sense in covering them at this time.

A few pics with the headliner out took less than an hour to remove everything this was my first time working on something like this but I am mechanical inclined.
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
Nice job.
I was talking to a shop about doing this, and they said they tried another mustang and the headliner was originally enough and they were creases in the Alcântara, how did yours come out? Any problems or creases

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nice job.
I was talking to a shop about doing this, and they said they tried another mustang and the headliner was originally enough and they were creases in the Alcântara, how did yours come out? Any problems or creases
FYI, your asking someone who hasn't visited this forum for over 4 years.