Fueling issues

Nemo5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 Mustang GT that I recently put a new long block in from CJ pony parts and stainless power headers. Ever since I got the car back I’ve had fueling issues specifically p0087 & P006C codes. Not only that it also takes at least 5 seconds for the car to turn on. I just had both fuel pumps and sensors replaced and am still getting a P0087 code. The car is clearly down on power and idk where to go from here. Any help on this would be huge
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you replace the pump with an OEM one or DW400? If you installed a DW400, did you make sure it had a check valve in it? If there’s no check valve in it, the fuel will drain back to the tank. I had that problem with my DW400 until I installed an inline check valve.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 Mustang GT that I recently put a new long block in from CJ pony parts and stainless power headers. Ever since I got the car back I’ve had fueling issues specifically p0087 & P006C codes. Not only that it also takes at least 5 seconds for the car to turn on. I just had both fuel pumps and sensors replaced and am still getting a P0087 code. The car is clearly down on power and idk where to go from here. Any help on this would be huge
Both fuel pumps?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Aside from the above fueling issue - did you do the crank relearn procedure?

Anytime there is major engine or trans work, the crank relearn procedure should be done.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Both fuel pumps?
On cars with direct injection there are two pumps. A lower pressure one in the fuel tank and a high pressure (cam? driven) one on the engine. Pretty sure at least some of the 5.0s are partially DI.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I didn't think about the DI pump being upgraded.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Last summer I did some work on a Ford 2.0 Ecoboost with direct injection. I believe there was a procedure to time the high pressure pump. It wasn't anything crazy, but had to be reassembled in a pretty specific way. The pump was driven off of one of the cams, not sure if the Mustang works the same way, but could be part of your problem.

OP
OP
Nemo5.oh

Nemo5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aside from the above fueling issue - did you do the crank relearn procedure?

Anytime there is major engine or trans work, the crank relearn procedure should be done.
Yes I’ve done a KAM reset and a Crank relearn

OP
OP
Nemo5.oh

Nemo5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Last summer I did some work on a Ford 2.0 Ecoboost with direct injection. I believe there was a procedure to time the high pressure pump. It wasn't anything crazy, but had to be reassembled in a pretty specific way. The pump was driven off of one of the cams, not sure if the Mustang works the same way, but could be part of your problem.
Did it sound anything like this?

OP
OP
Nemo5.oh

Nemo5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you replace the pump with an OEM one or DW400? If you installed a DW400, did you make sure it had a check valve in it? If there’s no check valve in it, the fuel will drain back to the tank. I had that problem with my DW400 until I installed an inline check valve.
I went with OEM