Fuel system set up

AEF42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I’m putting together my own system using various manufacturers to build this set up. I’m working with an 18 w/ stage 2 whipple. My goal is to run e85 and leave it at that. So I assume 750-800 whp. My questions are what configuration regarding fuel line and regular routings. I have seen the regulator in the supply side (VMP) then side fed into the rail. I have seen it on the return side and FORE has a combination with both....
What is the best configuration to complete my setup and safely fuel my vehicle?
thanks for reading and looking forward to gaining some knowledge!
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I’m putting together my own system using various manufacturers to build this set up. I’m working with an 18 w/ stage 2 whipple. My goal is to run e85 and leave it at that. So I assume 750-800 whp. My questions are what configuration regarding fuel line and regular routings. I have seen the regulator in the supply side (VMP) then side fed into the rail. I have seen it on the return side and FORE has a combination with both....
What is the best configuration to complete my setup and safely fuel my vehicle?
thanks for reading and looking forward to gaining some knowledge!
The best is to go to the fuel rails first then to the regulator from each rail and then back to the tank. Most people just deadhead it though

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ideally it should be like this but many other ways work fine. Ignore the sizes

B099CF4D-F87A-4658-A136-86E9827FA93A.jpeg

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You can run a dead head system for this kind of power level.
Just run from pump to Regulator, regulator to injectors: Return out of the regulator to tank

Luv2gofst666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
I have a question relates to this, I just got the aeromotive dual pump in tank setup. I’m gonna go with the regulator they recommend My question is do I need to get rid of whipple fuel rails or can I use them

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a question relates to this, I just got the aeromotive dual pump in tank setup. I’m gonna go with the regulator they recommend My question is do I need to get rid of whipple fuel rails or can I use them
You can use Whipple rails, you would probably need some adapters if you don't have them.

Luv2gofst666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
Thank you I was hoping that was the case

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
OP
OP
AEF42

AEF42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
18+ gen 5 whipple. What’s the advantage of the 2 regulators vs the single. I see the power levels but is that mainly pump related?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18+ gen 5 whipple. What’s the advantage of the 2 regulators vs the single. I see the power levels but is that mainly pump related?
The reason we use a dual regulated system on the 18+ higher HP cars is because they are both direct and port injected. There's fuel pumps in the tank that supply fuel to the port injectors and a DI pump on the passenger side that provides pressure to the direct injection injectors to the cylinders. If you go with a single regulated system you really can't control pressure to each individual side of the system.

The passenger side regulator on our dual regulated system provides static fuel pressure to the DI pump so it doesn't see any loss in pressure in the higher HP applications. The drivers side then handles the port injectors on the manifold separately. If you're looking to support big power most of, if not all reputable tuners will want to see you run a dual regulated system.

Here's a good video I did explaining how it works on Goldmember. You can jump to 12:34 which covers the fuel system.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AEF42

AEF42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So 2 regulators is the way to go. What about pumps, I’m looking to run e85 and support around 800-850 at the wheel. 2 pump system. Do I run both or stage them? If I stage would it make sense to run a larger capacity pump as the full time just as precaution should the 2nd pump not operate or fail? Any recommendations on pumps in either configuration. Thanks.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So 2 regulators is the way to go. What about pumps, I’m looking to run e85 and support around 800-850 at the wheel. 2 pump system. Do I run both or stage them? If I stage would it make sense to run a larger capacity pump as the full time just as precaution should the 2nd pump not operate or fail? Any recommendations on pumps in either configuration. Thanks.
I'd recommend a pair of the F90000267 pumps for that setup run full time. No need to stage a dual pump setup. We've run 3 pumps without staging them for years with no issues at all. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
AEF42

AEF42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd recommend a pair of the F90000267 pumps for that setup run full time. No need to stage a dual pump setup. We've run 3 pumps without staging them for years with no issues at all. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

would these require a Check valve?
Sponsored