Frustrating to park it all winter

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The Mustang sits in the garage all winter because of having a truck for a DD. It's the definition of garage queen - it always looks nice because I never drive it unless the roads are dry, and it rains in Pittsburgh all the time (when it's not snowing). But it SUCKS looking at it sitting there doing nothing from November till April. I'll start it up for a few minutes while plowing snow in the driveway but that's about it. When money it tight the feeling is "damn, why I am making payments for it to sit there?" The rest of the time it's "damn, I can't wait to be able to drive it with the windows down again!" Today I put the winter wheels and tires on my wife's car as the Mustang was sitting there all quiet and shiny, and it was so frustrating thinking that it's gonna be months before being able to smell the warm fresh spring air as I'm cruising around looking at all the buds popping up on the trees. RRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Wife and I are moving to Arizona as soon as we retire!
That Pony's just kicking' in the stall. Take her out for a gallup.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Today it was sunny and 34 degrees, the streets are clean dry, so I took my GT out to run some errands. First time it's been out in about 4 weeks. No issues at all. Every time I start this car up after sitting for long periods of time, it reminds of what was the worst thing about my Porsche.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
That Pony's just kicking' in the stall. Take her out for a gallup.
It was 43F and sunny yesterday so I took it to work, felt great until I hit rush hour traffic :crackup:

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I was thinking about it today and maybe a wrap for winter might be worth the investment? Edit: Nope, expensive also

I watched a porsche get peppered by chunks of salt as a spreader went by ( heard it from 50ft away while driving behind him) followed by a big rig that threw up salt/dirt/gravel which my car was also peppered and it was so loud and hard sounding.... just terrible. No way would I subject my paint to that. oh and snow brushes will eventually scratch the clear coat lol

Don't forget the chunks of ice that hit your car from the assholes that don't properly remove the ice and snow off their car and then flies off their car on the highway

Last edited:

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Midwest 46 degrees dry and sunny. Driving mine today. Do not have to live in FL (been there done that) to enjoy a mustang year around.

Sponsored

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
The Mustang sits in the garage all winter because of having a truck for a DD. It's the definition of garage queen - it always looks nice because I never drive it unless the roads are dry, and it rains in Pittsburgh all the time (when it's not snowing). But it SUCKS looking at it sitting there doing nothing from November till April. I'll start it up for a few minutes while plowing snow in the driveway but that's about it. When money it tight the feeling is "damn, why I am making payments for it to sit there?" The rest of the time it's "damn, I can't wait to be able to drive it with the windows down again!" Today I put the winter wheels and tires on my wife's car as the Mustang was sitting there all quiet and shiny, and it was so frustrating thinking that it's gonna be months before being able to smell the warm fresh spring air as I'm cruising around looking at all the buds popping up on the trees. RRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Wife and I are moving to Arizona as soon as we retire!
move to california. you will never have this problem all year long.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was thinking about it today and maybe a wrap for winter might be worth the investment? Edit: Nope, expensive also

I watched a porsche get peppered by chunks of salt as a spreader went by ( heard it from 50ft away while driving behind him) followed by a big rig that threw up salt/dirt/gravel which my car was also peppered and it was so loud and hard sounding.... just terrible. No way would I subject my paint to that. oh and snow brushes will eventually scratch the clear coat lol

Don't forget the chunks of ice that hit your car from the assholes that don't properly remove the ice and snow off their car and then flies off their car on the highway
This right here is why mine is parked lol. The beater can absorb all that nonsense, it already looks shitty.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
This right here is why mine is parked lol. The beater can absorb all that nonsense, it already looks shitty.
Yea exactly. If I wasn't planning on keeping it long term then I would drive it all winter. I plan on keeping this for long term and paint jobs are expensive, almost the same cost as getting a full xpel/ceramic coat lol

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
move to california. you will never have this problem all year long.
Yeah you are right but California is a problem on it's own. Here in FL we don't have stupid stuff like yearly inspection and possible being state reffed. No thanks!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You are out of your mind. CA is the last state any enthusiast should move to willingly!
Amen to that! If mudslides, drought, brushfires, traffic and cost of housing aren't enough you can throw in the occasional earthquake. I'll stay in boring Wisconsin and deal with some snow.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Amen to that! If mudslides, drought, brushfires, traffic and cost of housing aren't enough you can throw in the occasional earthquake. I'll stay in boring Wisconsin and deal with some snow.
Earthquakes were fun. We had a 5.8 last year. Pretty mild compared to what Californians are used to, but it sure wasn't fun waking up in the early morning to everything in my house flopping all over...lol

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
43 days since I've started it up... frigging Pittsburgh winters.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Shes not going anywhere for another 2 months atleast. Here in Chicago, a warm 15 degrees which feels like -4, cant forget the snow and ice on the ground smh
Sponsored