Sponsored

FRTP install issues

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Guys, I had this suspension installed during the summer and have not had it on jack stands until now, so I got it in the air this weekend to do brake work for my track weekend coming up and am super frustrated with how it appears that they did the install. I am including pics for some other input from others that can discern if the install is questionable. I know the rear is lose. Any input is welcome. Safety is my primary concern.

First, the brake line is a concern as it's stressing the line.
Second, The brake line is Zip tied to the sway bar.
Third, is the sway bar installed upside down? Should it be flipped? Seems like the orientation is not right because the dogleg type connection seems stressed.

IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
admins, please delete. I put this in the wrong section

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ho Lee Sh*t. That is some awful wrenching. This is an old pic of what it should look like and I have the FR sway bar on as well. The removed the clamp that attaches the brake hose with a bolt and didn't put it back on. It will not go back on in the same position as stock but its an easy fix as it only has to be rotated where the hold stop is wrapped around the front of the sway bar. You can see what it should look like in this pic. That's awful.

IMG_3381.jpg
Sponsored