Sponsored

Front suspension damage

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Went over a pothole or some patch of fractured concrete with the front passg tire doing 80 mph in sports mode. At first I didn’t notice any change in the driving dynamics or steering. No change in braking. When I arrived at my destination 40 miles later and as I slowed down to a stop going over a bump on the road I heard squishing or screeching/metal to metal sounds coming from that wheel. The rim was not bent and the tire didnt any lose air pressure. I could not see any damage to the suspension rods or bearings etc. I’m worried that the magneride shock might be broken but didnt see any oil spilling over.

Could this be the upper or lower plate of the shock that’s bent?

Before I take it in to the dealer any thoughts or best guesses of what the damage might be and should I replace the entire shock assembly? What’s involved in $$? Thank you all!
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm thinking front sway, primarily that side that took the hit, maybe even the front sway end link.... best case scenario it's just loose.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I assume it was one of the front corners? Why not jack up that corner of the car, pull the wheel/tire off and do a visual inspection. All of the suspension is then exposed and highly visible.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Side note...
I own a wheel repair business. Have your wheels checked for trueness, front and rear. I’ve yet to see suspension damage without wheel damage. Tire not leaking is not a sign of a true wheel. Unless you put your wheel on a spin balancer or straightening machine, chances are your eye won’t pick up a bend.
Sponsored