Front Subframe alignment

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So got my alignment done the other day on my lowered 2017 mustang. Lowered on BC racing coilovers. Well the top bolts, one is more inward than the other. I've been doing some reading and it kinda points to the subframe being out of alignment.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you're referring to the strut nut not being centered in the hole in the strut tower, or not being the same side-to-side, mine is the same way. I'm assuming you have adjustable camber plates? I'm using the Steeda plates and thought I had an issue for the same reasons, but once everything was set up correctly my fender gaps were even and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Only if one wheel sticks out noticeably farther than the other would I consider trying to recenter the front subframe.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Neither wheel sticks out more, and no camber plates, literally whatever is on the coilovers.
If you're referring to the strut nut not being centered in the hole in the strut tower, or not being the same side-to-side, mine is the same way. I'm assuming you have adjustable camber plates? I'm using the Steeda plates and thought I had an issue for the same reasons, but once everything was set up correctly my fender gaps were even and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Only if one wheel sticks out noticeably farther than the other would I consider trying to recenter the front subframe.
20191026_135311.jpg
20191026_135302.jpg

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Um, yeah those are camber plates on the coilovers...just REALLY hard or impossible to adjust on the car?? IDK I've never seen those before, but adjusting the camber plates would move the top of the strut inboard or outboard.

Did the alignment shop set your camber? Do you have the alignment sheet? From the looks of it there's no way your cross camber isn't out of spec.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Um, yeah those are camber plates on the coilovers...just REALLY hard or impossible to adjust on the car?? IDK I've never seen those before, but adjusting the camber plates would move the top of the strut inboard or outboard.

Did the alignment shop set your camber? Do you have the alignment sheet? From the looks of it there's no way your cross camber isn't out of spec.
Once I get home, I'll upload a picture of it. He said it's all in spec. But I read that the subframe can shift a small bit on another forum and basically do the same thing

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If it's out that much then yeah maybe that's it. Mine is only a slight difference side to side.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Something's up with that one side that's out, I would pull that strut and check what's going on. Everything is basically aligned to OE spec, with only 1 degree front negative camber, there's no way that one should be touching the strut tower. The subframe location would affect both, so I think it's something to do with just that one side.

OP
OP
thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Something's up with that one side that's out, I would pull that strut and check what's going on. Everything is basically aligned to OE spec, with only 1 degree front negative camber, there's no way that one should be touching the strut tower. The subframe location would affect both, so I think it's something to do with just that one side.
I'm pretty positive of subframe shifted. Theres about 7mm of play
Sponsored