Sponsored

Front Spoiler not doing it for me

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I had the Bullitt up on a lift today, looking how the black part of the front spoiler is attached to the green part. I think I could remove the black, and run "bare". I might have to fabricate some returns on the ends, but that's fairly easy carbon fiber or glass composite parts to build. What do you think guys; doesn't the black part give our Bullitts a serious underbite? Before you dismiss the idea, go look at your car from the side and see how much cleaner it would look.

I'm going to ignore any aero reasons to have the black part, but my car doesn't see 'aero speeds' very often.

aileron
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
It's interesting how we like to mod our cars. I modded my 2009 Bullitt. Did all kinds of stuff to it. Them my 2011 GT. Then my 2015 GT. Of all the mods I did, I look back and realize my tastes change. Perhaps doing the changes is a stress reliever. This Bullitt is the first brand new Mustang I've purchased since 1982. I have to say. I will not change a thing on the appearance. It completely does it for me and feels like the ultimate Mustang. Color, body, all of it.
That said, I firmly believe in making your car your own. I wouldn't change the spoiler, but that's just me.
I'm only a purist in my opinion for my own car. We are Americans free to change whatever we want!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I think the existing Bullitt externals are perfect

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you brought this up. After getting my leg cut a bunch of times walking past the front spoiler I've had it. Yes off it goes. alleron let me know what you come up with for the edges.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I'm glad you brought this up. After getting my leg cut a bunch of times walking past the front spoiler I've had it. Yes off it goes. alleron let me know what you come up with for the edges.
I've done a lot of low volume composite work for the aerospace industry, i think it's just going to be 2 simple molds (R&L) for the edges. i have the materials and tooling to do wet lay-up, vacuum bagged parts at home and would make us each a set. They'd require DHG paint, but that 's about it.

What I don't know if the front is stiff enough without the black part. If so great, if not I may need to wet out some carbon tow and stiffen the green part of the spoiler where it doesn't show.

I'm headed back to MT today and will get it up on my lift to see if how much work is involved - but it looks like a minor project.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I dont think i've ever done that....

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I think the chin spoiler helps bring the retro boss road racer look to the car, I wouldn't change a thing but it's your car. Let us know how it looks after.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
I think the chin spoiler helps bring the retro boss road racer look to the car, I wouldn't change a thing but it's your car. Let us know how it looks after.
Yep, the chin spoiler projecting out does convey the road racing/NASCAR splitter look - it's just one I don't particularly care for.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yep, the chin spoiler projecting out does convey the road racing/NASCAR splitter look - it's just one I don't particularly care for.
St. Steve didn't need no stinking splitter.

Sponsored

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Got my oil changed today, 1,200 miles. They let me get under the car on the lift and look at the spoiler. I'm thinking I'll leave it since it gives strength to the front. I think if I do something it would be to cut it back about 2.5 inches the whole length.
Anyway, while I was there the oil tech was ready to put new oil in the car & I asked what kind of oil he was using: regular bulk oil! What? Apparently I needed to specify Synthetic when I bring the car in! I had him put the Syn in. Gee! I miss my lift.....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Got my oil changed today, 1,200 miles. They let me get under the car on the lift and look at the spoiler. I'm thinking I'll leave it since it gives strength to the front. I think if I do something it would be to cut it back about 2.5 inches the whole length.
Anyway, while I was there the oil tech was ready to put new oil in the car & I asked what kind of oil he was using: regular bulk oil! What? Apparently I needed to specify Synthetic when I bring the car in! I had him put the Syn in. Gee! I miss my lift.....
Well yeah, synthetic costs more. Most dealers just use motocraft synthblend. Welcome to the world.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
At your dealer, or a 'Quickie Lube?' I'm getting my first oil change next month--dealer offers a freebee every 5mos or 5K miles--and I want Motorcraft. I did all maintenance on my '09 Bullitt but free oil and filter is worth the hassle, plus properly disposing of 10qts of oil is a hassle now that I don't live in San Jose (free jugs and pickup at the curb).
Sponsored